HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 05, 2010, 01:57 AM
Vertically Challenged...
Ash Vale Hampshire UK
Joined Jul 2004
345 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhodgson View Post
Anyone got the Mercury plan for the Galahad- low winger about 54".
Any other of the more unusual types would be good.
Low winger, flying wings, multi engined.
Like the Peter Fisher desgined Ionesphere push/pull twin flying wing for example.

Martin H
There's some stuff on the Ionosphere here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1216141

Bert
Cody's Neighbour is offline Find More Posts by Cody's Neighbour
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 05, 2010, 03:08 AM
Mt Evelyn, Melbourne, OZ
Joined Dec 2008
603 Posts
Here's something a little unusual I'm building at the moment.
Colin Read's Windbag was in a magazine I won recently - couldn't resist.
It seems to be a simplified and slightly smaller/slimmer version of Roy Clough's Martian Spaceship.
I'm going to use a PAW 55RC (need the throttle in case things get too exciting) and I'm planning 3 channel control.
I couldn't imagine how a rudder was going to work (although a Youtube clip seems to show one with rudder) so I'm trying elevons, or would that be tailerons.

Should be interesting, at least it's been a fun build and my wife and daughter both want it as a lampshade.
Warren B is online now Find More Posts by Warren B
Old Aug 05, 2010, 04:04 AM
Coming home to Canada soon
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jan 2002
566 Posts
Quote:
Like the Peter Fisher desgined Ionesphere push/pull twin flying wing for example.

Martin H
Martin; I have been slowly tracing the scan linked by Vintage into AutoCad. I can let you have what I have so far if you like.

Mark.
Mark Winstanley is offline Find More Posts by Mark Winstanley
Old Aug 05, 2010, 04:16 AM
UK, Coventry
Joined Aug 2005
528 Posts
Thanks for the offer, I'm happy to wait for the finished drawing.
Just starting to look at projects for the winter rather than actually building now. It peaked my interest as there was a review recently in one of the mags that raved about it and it impressed the reviewer, particularly as it had no ailerons.

I've got that spaceship plan as well- QEFI I believe. Quite fascinating but not really my sort of thing as they say.

Martin H
mhodgson is online now Find More Posts by mhodgson
Old Aug 05, 2010, 02:50 PM
Manitowoc, Wisconsin
Joined Dec 2003
1,285 Posts
Is there anaything available for 1/2A R/C assist in a Lanzo Bomber?
Greg Knipp is offline Find More Posts by Greg Knipp
Old Aug 05, 2010, 04:16 PM
In Rc for a LONG TIME FFAA#1
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2004
1,375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren B View Post
Here's something a little unusual I'm building at the moment.
Colin Read's Windbag was in a magazine I won recently - couldn't resist.
It seems to be a simplified and slightly smaller/slimmer version of Roy Clough's Martian Spaceship.
I'm going to use a PAW 55RC (need the throttle in case things get too exciting) and I'm planning 3 channel control.
I couldn't imagine how a rudder was going to work (although a Youtube clip seems to show one with rudder) so I'm trying elevons, or would that be tailerons.

Should be interesting, at least it's been a fun build and my wife and daughter both want it as a lampshade.

there are plans for this in june or julys rcme from england i will post more info tommorow
laserman is offline Find More Posts by laserman
Old Aug 07, 2010, 02:42 AM
Southampton, UK
Joined May 2007
792 Posts
Quote:

Martin H
Martin,
see the links sticky page 3 for phil smith plans - there is a galahad plan listed
john
John38 is online now Find More Posts by John38
Old Aug 07, 2010, 07:38 AM
Southampton, UK
Joined May 2007
792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceHaworth View Post
anyone got a pdf of the Mercury Matador?
Vince, somewhere I have a tatty copy of original from when I built it in the 50's.

I must have scanned it in at some time and stitched the scans together to produce a CAD DWG and DXF files (20 Mb and 60Mb respectively ). too big to post

If any of theses are of use, let me know - I am in the UK- southampton.

Alternatively, Planeman might like to convert plan to pfd format in which case I can email him whichever file he wishes.

silly me - I could print the dwg and snail mail it to you - I print on an old dot matrix fanfold continuous paper, so it would only need about 2 "sheets" stuck together to get the full plan. I could also scale up or down to suit - original was 47" span

john
Last edited by John38; Aug 07, 2010 at 01:58 PM.
Old Aug 07, 2010, 07:56 AM
High Exalted Poohbah
Atlanta, GA USA
Joined Sep 2001
1,863 Posts
E-mail me the scans of the Mercury Matador and I will assemble them and post them here. Send them to rufus.carswell@yahoo.com

Planeman
planeman is offline Find More Posts by planeman
Old Aug 07, 2010, 08:13 AM
Southampton, UK
Joined May 2007
792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by planeman View Post
E-mail me the scans of the Mercury Matador and I will assemble them and post them here. Send them to rufus.carswell@yahoo.com

Planeman
Planeman,

Will be a delay as I will have to dig original plan out and rescan as I seem to have lost the scans. digital memory ok - analogue memory hopeless.

john
Old Aug 07, 2010, 08:23 AM
Joined Oct 2005
147 Posts
Stitching Matador Plan

Quote:
"E-mail me the scans of the Mercury Matador and I will assemble them and post them here. Send them to rufus.carswell@yahoo.com"

Planeman, You already have a much higher resolution copy of the Matador plan (and in one piece too) in the plans you have now in your collection.

You will find it in the series of British kit plans that are collected together in one multi sheet pdf file. (You even have the password for that file).

MM
Model Mad is offline Find More Posts by Model Mad
Old Aug 07, 2010, 02:14 PM
Southampton, UK
Joined May 2007
792 Posts
Planeman,

will hold on the scanning - 16 scans for 2 plan sheets - pending you checking on modelmad's comment

modelmad

the DWG file is 20 Mb - so I will email that 2 you. Turbocad 14 opens it so you should be ok

I produced that DWG by:-

16 scans - greyscale as the 2 plan sheets had aged coloured background. Put each thru photostudio 5 to convert to black and white and then vectored them.

I then imported to modelcad to stitch them together - helped by the overlap on eac scan.

The result altho not to draughting standard is more than adequate for building to and now that dwg is in cad format - enlargement is easy.

I use older Cad programs in order to print on my bubblejet continuous printer - pages are 14" wide and as long as you like but printer only runs on windows 98 .
the big advantage is - I do not have to stick a lot of A4 pages together for large plans, If I can only figure how to get acrobat reader to print pdf plans to the bubblejet , it would save me a lot of hassle converting pdf to dwg formats

having said that, it is easy in CAD to split a dwg up from a square to a linear dwg to suit the bubblejet 14" wide printer and avoid the need to stick paper together.

john
Old Aug 07, 2010, 05:04 PM
High Exalted Poohbah
Atlanta, GA USA
Joined Sep 2001
1,863 Posts
Model Mad,

If I have the Matador I can't find it in a search. If it is in a file without the Matador name I wouldn't know how to search for it. What info do you have?

Planeman
planeman is offline Find More Posts by planeman
Old Aug 07, 2010, 07:08 PM
Mt Evelyn, Melbourne, OZ
Joined Dec 2008
603 Posts
I can send this multiple scan of the Matador if it helps.
Can't actually rememeber where I got it from.
Warren B is online now Find More Posts by Warren B