Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 11:13 AM
Colorado Springs, CO
Joined Mar 2008
105 Posts
Cessna 180 by Joe Laterra

Follow the directions and skin it with aluminum foil.

In case you are wondering, the empty block in the lower right corner of the plan is where Model Airplane News put the address and stamp. It must have saved them a small fortune in big envelopes! Docs were scanned from the magazine.

- Erik
Ka-6BR is offline Find More Posts by Ka-6BR
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 21, 2010, 01:26 PM
AMA 667982 KG7NKY
Tucson, AZ, USA
Joined Sep 2000
1,966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange&white View Post
Sorry, I got it on a $6.00 cd with 1500 plans from ebay.
No worries, just glad to see it here. Hopefully after the first of the year I can get back to drawing and building again.
starcad is offline Find More Posts by starcad
Old Dec 21, 2010, 01:38 PM
High Exalted Poohbah
Atlanta, GA USA
Joined Sep 2001
1,863 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kineticartist View Post
I'll make this quick. I don't want to interrupt the flow of plans on this thread.

A few months ago Planeman submitted plans for a Fleetwing Seabird. I have finished it and have been flying it off the snow for the last few days. It flys very well if slow and looks great in the air.

Arthur
That thing looks FANTASTIC! I have always liked that plan and have thought about building from it. This is the first model I have ever seen from this plan. It just looks GREAT!

Thanks for posting,

Planeman

P.S. Any chance of getting a flight video posted here? Please???
planeman is offline Find More Posts by planeman
Last edited by planeman; Dec 21, 2010 at 01:44 PM.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 02:20 PM
Newport News, Va
Joined Sep 2004
641 Posts
Cougar

Paul,
Your Cougar already is at 300 dpi which I consider good resolution. What High Res were you ofering? Did you mean bit instead of bmp? I only had to save it with my software using G4 compression to lower the file size. Again, an excellent scan, thank you!
rchopper56 is offline Find More Posts by rchopper56
Old Dec 21, 2010, 02:36 PM
pd1
United States, MA, Haverhill
Joined Jun 2006
2,134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rchopper56 View Post
Paul,
Your Cougar already is at 300 dpi which I consider good resolution. What High Res were you ofering? Did you mean bit instead of bmp? I only had to save it with my software using G4 compression to lower the file size. Again, an excellent scan, thank you!
I worked it at 200 dpi. when I converted to bmp and 300 dpi.The file size dropped from 4+ Mb to 1.26 Mb. I assume it lost something somewhere.
If you needed the original files, I have them.

Paul
pd1 is offline Find More Posts by pd1
Old Dec 21, 2010, 04:33 PM
AMA 667982 KG7NKY
Tucson, AZ, USA
Joined Sep 2000
1,966 Posts
You know the really neat part of this thread is looking at different designs and how the designer approached the subject. The different methods of construction and how to solve what had never been thought of at the time. I wish everyone that is considering scratch building knew of this thread as the information presented here is priceless in content. Wow, almost 100 years of different designs and all that information.

Thanks all of you that have contributed as this was my whole concept behind StarCad Plans back in the beginning. Sharing different designs from every corner of the world.

IMHO I think the more people that archive these designs and others model aviation will continue even after were all gone.

Guy
Old Dec 21, 2010, 05:32 PM
You sabotaged my plane.
Arizona
Joined Jun 2002
2,766 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by starcad View Post
You know the really neat part of this thread is looking at different designs and how the designer approached the subject. The different methods of construction and how to solve what had never been thought of at the time. I wish everyone that is considering scratch building knew of this thread as the information presented here is priceless in content. Wow, almost 100 years of different designs and all that information.

Thanks all of you that have contributed as this was my whole concept behind StarCad Plans back in the beginning. Sharing different designs from every corner of the world.

IMHO I think the more people that archive these designs and others model aviation will continue even after were all gone.

Guy
My thoughts as well Guy. It's great to see the designer's ideas in various plans.

Also don't be shy about posting your link. http://www.starcadplans.net/index.php

Jim
eliworm is online now Find More Posts by eliworm
Old Dec 21, 2010, 05:46 PM
Airframe Stress Tester
Barrie Ontario
Joined Apr 2004
78 Posts
Warren, PM sent...

Iain
Hllrsr is offline Find More Posts by Hllrsr
Old Dec 21, 2010, 06:08 PM
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined Oct 2005
2,474 Posts
Guy, nice to see you around again.
It's been maybe 15 years since you had the original StarCad Plans.
John in Canada.
JohnAV8R is offline Find More Posts by JohnAV8R
Old Dec 21, 2010, 11:10 PM
AMA 667982 KG7NKY
Tucson, AZ, USA
Joined Sep 2000
1,966 Posts
Thanks Jim and John. Ekk! 15 years I am getting old.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 11:24 PM
brennanj2
Australia
Joined Mar 2005
380 Posts
This is such a great forum. My thanks to all the contributors

Thank you to those that responded to my plea for a Grupner Topsy wing plan to replace mine lost during a storm.

I have been offered the necessary information from two very different parts of the world and look forward to repairing my model.

Here are a couple of shots of my Topsy flying and static before her enforced stay in a pine tree many months ago.

Thanks once again and Merry Christmas to all.

John
brennanj2 is offline Find More Posts by brennanj2
Last edited by brennanj2; Dec 22, 2010 at 03:06 AM.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 12:52 AM
AMA 667982 KG7NKY
Tucson, AZ, USA
Joined Sep 2000
1,966 Posts
My Turn, so I will post those designs that are on my web site at the moment. I have many many more but these I consider the best. I going to refrain from posting the Ugly Stick as I don't have the wing plan in PDF at the moment and this computer has Win 7. So guess what my version of Acrobat won't work on a 64 bit machine. Lets see how many I can get through tonight. I'll try and upload some more tomorrow.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 09:25 AM
Balsa for me, thanks.
Yalova, Turkey
Joined May 2007
835 Posts
Christmas came early this year!!!!

Thanks!
Jake
irish_lord99 is offline Find More Posts by irish_lord99
Old Dec 22, 2010, 09:54 AM
USA, CA, San Diego