HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 25, 2010, 06:07 PM
Suspended Account
M$ Security
Joined Jun 2010
728 Posts
Discussion
Spektrum DX8 vs. Hitec A9

Here are the DX8 features, let's compare.

DX8 Features:

-11 MS Frame Rate Capable ..............Allows for Ultra High Speed response rate
-128 x 64 Screen Resolution .......................Larger viewing area.
-2 Model-Types .......................................Both Airplane and Helicopter programming in one radio system.
-2000mAh Ni-MH AA battery welded pack ......Extended run times; security and durability of heatshrink/welded pack.
-2048 Resolution .........................Provides 2048 steps of travel for each servo; smooth transition from stick input to servo movement.
-30 Model Memory .....................................Increased data storage space for additional models.
-Data Transfer ....................................Allows for model programming/setup data to be transferred from one radio to another compatible radio.
-DSM2 Duralink Technology ..................Second generation Digital Spread Spectrum Modulation, superior path diversity.
-Electronic "E Ring" .............................Electronically prevents overdriving the cyclic servos
-Included AR8000 8CH Hi-Speed Receiver ...Full range 8CH receiver is compatible with the Telemetry Module capable of sending real time telemetry data to the transmitter.
-Mode Selectable (1-4) ........................Allo ws the user to easily change the radio between modes 1 through 4 both in software and hardware.
-ModelMatch .................................................. Prevents wrong model syndrome.
-Range Check function .........................Inte grated range check function displays flight log data, (Antenna Fades, Frame Losses, and Holds).
-Real Time Telemetry ..Radio will display real time monitoring of flight log date (Antenna Fades, Frame Losses, and Holds) as well as receiver pack voltage.
-SD/MMC Compatible ........................................In creased model storage via secure digital or multi media card data storage.
-ServoSync .................................................. .Synchronized servo movement for CCPM or Dual Elevators.
-Timer (start on Throttle up) ................Two options (Up-Timer) and (Down-Timer); programmable to either the trainer switch, or throttle stick.
-12V DC w/Multi-Country plug types ....................Convenience and ease of use.
-3 Wing Types .................................................D ual Aileron, V-Tail, and Elevon mixing options available.
-5 Point Graphic Pitch Curve ...............Allows for adjustments of the pitch of the main rotor blades on a helicopter to optimize each flight mode.
-5 Point Graphic Tail Curve .................Allows for adjustments of the pitch of the tail rotor blades on a helicopter to optimize each flight mode.
-6 Programmable Airplane Mixes .............................Allows for custom mixing of two servos.
-Active gain control .............................................Allow s for inflight adjustments of the gyro gain settings.
-Flap Delay w/elevator compensation. .....................Adjustable control of flap servo speed
-France Mode Selectable .......................................The region setting screen is used to allow the DX8 to be in compliance worldwide.
-Language Select ...Allows user to change language displayed on the screen; English, Spanish, and French, German, and Italian will be supported.
-Low battery voltage warning ..................................Alerts the user with both an audible and visual warning.
-Programmable Flap System .....................................Allows for elevator and flap positions to be programmed for landing and takeoff.
-Swash plate timing ........................Allows for electronic correction correction of swash plate phasing; Helps helicopter perform better.
-Telemetry warning screen(Audible/Buzzer) ..................Provides both tone and vibration alerts.
-Timer Integrated .................................................. Tracks total on time of transmitter.
-Trainer Mode .................................................. .....Allows for the use of a trainer cord for teaching student pilots how to fly.
-3 Airplane Flight Modes ...........................................Allow s versatility in programming/set-ups/installations.
-3 Programmable Dual Rates ......................................Allows for three programmable control rates on Aileron, Elevator, and Rudder.
-3 Programmable Helicopter Mixes ..............................Allows for custom mixing of two or more servos.
-4 Micro Second Trim Steps ......................................Changes the servo 4 micro seconds per trim step
-4 Swash Plate Types ..............................................Sw ash plate options to match the particular swashplate of the helicopter.
-5 Point Graphic Throttle Curve ..................................Allows for adjustments of the throttle to optimize engine/motor RPM.
-Contrast adjustment ...............................................All ows for screen contrast adjustment for optimized viewing of the display.
-Differential .......................Precise electronic adjustment of aileron travel when flaperon or elevon wing type is activated .
-Digital trims w/dual speed trim scroll ...........................Convenience and ease of use.
-Exponential throw .............Allows for greater control; allows control/stick movements that are less/more sensitive around center stick position.
-French Bandwidth Capable ....User enabled bandwidth restriction; Allows for compliance with French regulatory restrictions.
-Gyro Adjust, Normal, Stunt & Hold .............................Allows for separate gyro gain values in each flight mode.
-Model Copy .................................................. ........Allows the user to copy model settings from one model memory to another.
-Model Name .................................................. .......Allows the user to name each model memory.
-Model-Reset .................................................. .......Allows the user to reset each model memory to the default settings.
-Roller/selector user interface .....................................Convenience and ease of use.
-Servo Monitor ................Displays servo movement direction when different programming functions, sticks and/or switches are moved.
-Servo Reverse .................................................. .....Provides ability to reverse servo throw from the transmitter.
-Sub Trim .......................The Sub-Trim function allows the user to electronically adjust the centering of each servo.
-Swash plate expo ...........Allows for greater control; allows control/stick movements that are less/more sensitive around center stick position.
-Swash Plate Mix .................................................. ..Allows individual setup of cyclic servos
-Switch Select .................................................. .....Allows for user selectable/changeable switch locations
-Throttle Cut ..The throttle channel moves to a preprogrammed position (low throttle, low trim) allowing the safe and convenient shut down of the engine.
-Travel adjust .................The travel adjust function allows the precise end-point adjustment of all six channels in each direction independently.
-Warning Screen Air ...Provides audible warning to user and does not transmit when certain switches/stick positions are not in their proper locations. (THRO, GEAR, FLAPS, F.MODE)
-Warning Screen Heli ...Provides audible warning to user and does not transmit when certain switches/stick positions are not in their proper locations. (THRO, STUNT, HOLD)

http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/P...X8&signup=true
Mikarro is offline Find More Posts by Mikarro
Last edited by Mikarro; Jun 26, 2010 at 06:57 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 26, 2010, 02:35 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
15,225 Posts
I guess you bolded what you considered as DX8 pluses versus Aurora.
If true, then Aurora has telemetry too, you can remove the bold from this position.

Else, I have nothing to compare, for me Spektrum system is faulty from the inception.
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Jun 26, 2010, 02:38 AM
Good Better Best quest.
Australia, VIC, Cranbourne East
Joined Apr 2004
10,524 Posts
Faulty! please why is it so?
olmod is online now Find More Posts by olmod
Old Jun 26, 2010, 03:19 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
24,820 Posts
Mikarro,

I see a few errors on your list. What is your source document? I would like to make sure that it gets corrected on Monday.

Thanks.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 26, 2010, 03:22 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
15,225 Posts
Why should I start enumerating here again what's has been said in countless threads?
Why is Spektrum the brand with most failures at SEFF and Joe Nall?
Why is Spektrum the only brand in integrum banned by FPV flyers?
Why the need of articles explaining why DSSS is inferior to FHSS?
Having you post count you must know better.
And I stop here, will not respond to any other questions, just a notice: I am not Aurora owner, actually I was one of the most picky devils advocates of this radio in its threads.
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
Last edited by renatoa; Jun 26, 2010 at 03:28 AM.
Old Jun 26, 2010, 04:29 AM
most exalted one
Canada, BC, Blind Bay
Joined Aug 2002
3,593 Posts
I love changing between English, French and Spanish all the time with my TX's jujst in case a few friends drop by!
4*60 is offline Find More Posts by 4*60
Old Jun 26, 2010, 06:22 AM
Good Better Best quest.
Australia, VIC, Cranbourne East
Joined Apr 2004
10,524 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA View Post
Why should I start enumerating here again what's has been said in countless threads?
Why is Spektrum the brand with most failures at SEFF and Joe Nall?
Why is Spektrum the only brand in integrum banned by FPV flyers?
Why the need of articles explaining why DSSS is inferior to FHSS?
Having you post count you must know better.
And I stop here, will not respond to any other questions, just a notice: I am not Aurora owner, actually I was one of the most picky devils advocates of this radio in its threads.
Its your choice not to communicate further
and I was ignorant of wich you write about ,
but i must add I have many trouble free flights with DSM2 and from what I have read must be due to the quiet RF enviroment or good installation practice.
The only DSM2 problem I have witnessed first hand was more I suspect an installation error ,like sitting an AR6100 on top of a 80amp esc in a very small plane pulling 60 amps.
olmod is online now Find More Posts by olmod
Old Jun 26, 2010, 11:20 AM
Deutschland, Hessen, LA
Joined Jan 2009
1,208 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA View Post
Spektrum has the better brownout resistance as Hitec.
The used LT3470 ( Optima 6,7 and 9) need 4.13V minimal voltage for proper working and all below this voltages is outside of the specs!
The brownout occurs at 3,4-3,7V.
Kambalunga is offline Find More Posts by Kambalunga
Old Jun 26, 2010, 11:18 PM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
Poway, California, United States
Joined Sep 2000
4,200 Posts
Except for the fact that with the Hitec system you can power the RX independently of the servos with up to 35v to elliminate any chance of a brownout.

Mike
MikeMayberry is offline Find More Posts by MikeMayberry
Old Jun 27, 2010, 01:50 AM
Deutschland, Hessen, LA
Joined Jan 2009
1,208 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMayberry View Post
Except for the fact that with the Hitec system you can power the RX independently of the servos with up to 35v to elliminate any chance of a brownout.

Mike
Except of the fact that Spektrum and other producer that not need and Hitec that need is that Lowtec!
Hitec can't use 1S LIPO what other brands can do.

Similar to Microsoft, that is not a failure but rather a feature.
Last edited by Kambalunga; Jun 27, 2010 at 03:41 AM.
Old Jun 27, 2010, 01:59 AM
Sink Stinks
Orange County, CA
Joined Aug 2004
4,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
Mikarro,

I see a few errors on your list. What is your source document? I would like to make sure that it gets corrected on Monday.

Thanks.

Andy
Like you know anything about this radio!!

(inside joke before anyone gets their panties in a wad)
Silent-AV8R is online now Find More Posts by Silent-AV8R
Old Jun 27, 2010, 02:57 AM
Arendal Norway
Joined May 2008
87 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambalunga View Post
Except of the fact that Spektrum and other producer that not need and Hitec that need is that Lowtec!
Could you please explain what this is supposed to mean?
torqueflite is offline Find More Posts by torqueflite
Old Jun 27, 2010, 03:08 AM
Deutschland, Hessen, LA
Joined Jan 2009
1,208 Posts
What I mean that the use of the LT3470 is a fault in construction!
Old Jun 27, 2010, 03:10 AM
Deutschland, Hessen, LA
Joined Jan 2009
1,208 Posts
Other plus points for Spektrum ModellMatch, ServoSycron, used not a sum signal but a much faster digital stream and has the lower latency.
Use not the Stone Age protocol ppm that caused uncontrollable latency.
Old Jun 27, 2010, 03:57 AM
どうもありがとうミスターロボット
United States, IL
Joined Jul 2009
3,063 Posts
This thread has no purpose. The OP is just using it to state an opinion and start an argument, exploiting the ignorant and irrational biases of like-minded fanatics.

Have fun wallowing in the muck.
Wrend is offline Find More Posts by Wrend