SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Liquidity, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:12 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,174 Posts
http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/blog/...ing+like+that/

I have to be careful in my little boat with the big crappie I usually catch too.. Dont wanna take on too much water..
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:14 PM
End of an Era.....
Hodges Hobbies...well 8 miles from there!!!
Joined Mar 2004
2,856 Posts
WTH!?!?!? hobbykingJR!?!?!?
Storms gone...possible tornado touchdown in Americus again, other side of town, not confirmed tho. Trees across hwy 49 near HH. Trees down all around Sumter county.
Tha Hodgehound is offline Find More Posts by Tha Hodgehound
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:16 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Hodgehound View Post
WTH!?!?!? hobbykingJR!?!?!?
Storms gone...possible tornado touchdown in Americus again, other side of town, not confirmed tho. Trees across hwy 49 near HH. Trees down all around Sumter county.
Hope Mac and family ok.. Go cut me some firewood!
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:16 PM
End of an Era.....
Joined Mar 2004
2,856 Posts
I need to finish up my 51" Cheetah boat!!!! Her name is "Spotless" hee hee get it??? cheetah...its black....Spotless! HA!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:18 PM
End of an Era.....
Joined Mar 2004
2,856 Posts
They said trees down on 49 one mile north of Sooterfield, me and Ady May looked at each other and said WHAAAAT???? Then it hit me......Southerfield....airport!!!! HAHAHAHA!!! morons!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:19 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,174 Posts
[QUOTE=Tha Hodgehound;23984529]I need to finish up my 51" Cheetah boat!!!! Her name is "Spotless" hee hee get it??? cheetah...its black....Spotless! HA![QUOTE]
har har har!!
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:27 PM
End of an Era.....
Joined Mar 2004
2,856 Posts
LOL got a girl from high school that is a wizz with an airbrush. May get her to put the name across the bow somehow. She even airbrushes race car grilles and headlights! Looks real!!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:57 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Hodgehound View Post
LOL got a girl from high school that is a wizz with an airbrush. May get her to put the name across the bow somehow. She even airbrushes race car grilles and headlights! Looks real!!
Sweet! see if she will paint my cowl.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:06 PM
"Audentes Fortuna Juvat"
USA, GA, Macon
Joined Oct 2008
884 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
So did hobbyking buy JR? or just dealing their stuff? weird things for sure.
I don't think they bought JR outright. I think they will become the US distributor and Horizon will let them go in favor of their own brand and technology (Spektrum). I'm not sure if this will buy HK some much needed respect or pull JRs reputation down.
Evel Knievel is offline Find More Posts by Evel Knievel
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:13 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evel Knievel View Post
I don't think they bought JR outright. I think they will become the US distributor and Horizon will let them go in favor of their own brand and technology (Spektrum). I'm not sure if this will buy HK some much needed respect or pull JRs reputation down.
maybe a little of both..times a changing
Old Jan 31, 2013, 05:54 AM
Deuce
Smiths, Alabama
Joined Apr 2002
49 Posts
Win...
thoot12 is offline Find More Posts by thoot12
Old Jan 31, 2013, 08:10 AM
The SEFF telescope guy.
Savannah, Ga.
Joined Apr 2006
1,117 Posts
Quote:
My bet is some of both but more of the later. If the new JR system gets wide acceptance due to its low price then it may help HK without hurting JR. That's as long as the system gets a reputation as being bulletproof at big events. If it gets tagged as having any kind of failures it will hurt both JR and HK.

I wonder what the radio landscape will look like in 5 years. Maybe if Spektrum is not as dominant in the future the problems may be more evenly distributed among the different brands.
Dave Burrow is offline Find More Posts by Dave Burrow
Old Jan 31, 2013, 03:54 PM
"Audentes Fortuna Juvat"
USA, GA, Macon
Joined Oct 2008
884 Posts
I'm not sure that they will become super cheep. HK is only the distributor, JR still sets the price. I think Spektrum might loose some market share but I would bet it stays above 70%. There is no way they can maintain the 90% + that they had a couple years ago. Futaba, Hitec, and JR have no BNF line and that is how people get started in the hobby many times. The Hobbico Tactic system is the closest thing but it has not been received very well. Not to mention if the AS3X systems such as the AR635 become popular people will need/want Spektrum gear to run it.
Evel Knievel is offline Find More Posts by Evel Knievel
Old Jan 31, 2013, 03:59 PM
It's gone...
Joined Aug 2004
5,130 Posts
I like the bnf.
I've been very happy with Spektrum.
_OZ_ is offline Find More Posts by _OZ_
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:03 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,174 Posts
Bnf

Quote:
I'm not sure that they will become super cheep. HK is only the distributor, JR still sets the price. I think Spektrum might loose some market share but I would bet it stays above 70%. There is no way they can maintain the 90% + that they had a couple years ago. Futaba, Hitec, and JR have no BNF line and that is how people get started in the hobby many times. The Hobbico Tactic system is the closest thing but it has not been received very well. Not to mention if the AS3X systems such as the AR635 become popular people will need/want Spektrum gear to run it.
Ya the bnf system was genious in their part. Those lil planes and helis are tons of fun