United States, FL, Middleburg
Joined Jan 2012
1,369 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
Work? What is that?

Joking...you are certainly blessed in this horrible economy

Mike.
Hey, Well I was out of work for a year and a half. I took a $8.20 pay cut and have not had a increase in two years. Well my work load has steady increased. I am not happy with my job but I am happy I have a job. I must say, I will be 58 in Sept. all my life I have worked construction. I have seen good and bad times, but I have never seen times like now and it is scary. Some have not had to worry and they dont have a clue how bad it is. I see more and more of our work going to other countries and it seems that few if any or doing anything about it. I am a country boy and as long as I can fish and hunt I will never go hungry and I can live off the woods just fine but there are many out there that can not so next time they vote the better think hard about who and what they are voteing for. Sorry to rant, the economy sucks and I guess maybe I am blessed. WS
Wind Spirit is offline Find More Posts by Wind Spirit
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 14, 2012, 09:08 PM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,865 Posts
In 1978 I was teaching music lessons for $25/hour. In 2012 I teach lessons for $20/hour. Yeah, I know what you mean... that's why I joined the Army. Then, the Army goes to war for longer than WWI, WWII and Korea combined. This is why I fly helicopters... it's takes me away from all these facts.
Saxguy1000 is offline Find More Posts by Saxguy1000
Old Aug 14, 2012, 09:27 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
10,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxguy1000 View Post
In 1978 I was teaching music lessons for $25/hour. In 2012 I teach lessons for $20/hour. Yeah, I know what you mean... that's why I joined the Army. Then, the Army goes to war for longer than WWI, WWII and Korea combined. This is why I fly helicopters... it's takes me away from all these facts.
I dont really want to throw salt into wounds ... but have you thought what the buying power of a dollar was more than 30 years ago ??? ... that how "they" drove this country into the wall since then (well, actually the whole world, just to keep the 1% happy ...)
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I "JUST" made a blog post ...
Old Aug 14, 2012, 09:30 PM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,865 Posts
Oh, yeah, I have...

$25.00 in 1978 had the same buying power as $90.85 in 2012. Conversely,
$25.00 in 2012 had the same buying power as $6.88 in 1978.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 09:32 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
10,063 Posts
Quote:
Oh, yeah, I have...

$25.00 in 1978 had the same buying power as $90.85 in 2012. Conversely,
$25.00 in 2012 had the same buying power as $6.88 in 1978.
... ... but as "certain people" claim - we dont have any inflation, right ??

no further comment necessary
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I "JUST" made a blog post ...
Old Aug 14, 2012, 09:34 PM
Wind you go around in circles
Joined Jan 2012
1,369 Posts
Quote:
Same here Sax, I know exactly what you are talking about. I just wish my wife could understand. You know, "you care more about that damn toy then me" sometimes they just dont get it but you gotta love them anyway.WS
Old Aug 14, 2012, 09:38 PM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,865 Posts
The only problem is that I keep thinking in about 1985 dollars, but everyone wants me to come up with 2012. A Blade 120 SR is $169 which seems like a lot to me because...
$169.00 in 2012 had the same buying power as $78.86 in 1985.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 09:45 PM
United States, MA, Norwood
Joined Dec 2006
71 Posts
You have to first test the wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind Spirit View Post
Same here Sax, I know exactly what you are talking about. I just wish my wife could understand. You know, "you care more about that damn toy then me" sometimes they just dont get it but you gotta love them anyway.WS
I know exactly what you mean - before bringing my heli into the living room/back yard, etc , I first observe my wife carefully and consider the amount of time I spent flying over the last 2-3 days or so.
heloguy is offline Find More Posts by heloguy
Old Aug 14, 2012, 09:49 PM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,865 Posts
I am VERY fortunate that I have a VERY understanding wife who has allowed me to spend a reasonable amount each month. Now, what she thinks is reasonable and what I think is reasonable... Well, let's just say that I'm a master negotiator.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 10:26 PM
Wind you go around in circles
Joined Jan 2012
1,369 Posts
Quote:
I am VERY fortunate that I have a VERY understanding wife who has allowed me to spend a reasonable amount each month. Now, what she thinks is reasonable and what I think is reasonable... Well, let's just say that I'm a master negotiator.
There you go. I tell mine how the Helis help to keep my motor skills and my mind sharp and the DR. agreed with that. Thats my story and I am sticking to it.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 10:38 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Aug 2011
643 Posts
Hey. Putting together a 120SR combat Smack Down on the phoenix sim this weekend. If you want to get in PM me. Still working on a time, going to go with the best average that people can be in. Bo ya!!! Bring it!
Blackanthem is offline Find More Posts by Blackanthem
Old Aug 15, 2012, 05:08 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,869 Posts
Black, I don't have the Phoenix I know what your talking about though. Kyle told me if I had Phoenix sim we could go on line and fly together. That must be awesome. I hope you round up some participants. This "is" what you'er talking about right???

Sorry Guys, I know this is off topic, buuuut, on topic because wind plays a huge part in our flying and is always talked about right? This is a vid of me flying my souped up Esky Lama V4. It used to be 72mhz. I did surgery and it is now a 2.4g with an Eflight 4in1 brick bound to my DX6i

Winds were reported at Logan Int. at 8mph. Note the flag, tree limbs/tops that are blowing. IMHO, "I" "me" would personally leave my 120SR in the house.

Just a little bragging rights flying a coax in the wind in which everyone says you can't do
Mike.

Esky Lama V4 in wind.AVI (5 min 13 sec)
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Aug 15, 2012, 05:42 PM
Easy on the Sticks!
United States, WY, Crowheart
Joined Aug 2011
3,869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackanthem View Post
Hey. Putting together a 120SR combat Smack Down on the phoenix sim this weekend. If you want to get in PM me. Still working on a time, going to go with the best average that people can be in. Bo ya!!! Bring it!
That sounds like fun Black, but I am tied up this weekend with work. Maybe next time.

Kyle
BattleDude is offline Find More Posts by BattleDude
Old Aug 15, 2012, 05:51 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Aug 2011
643 Posts
No problem BD. If I can get enough 120 pilots, then we could just set a day and time. Whoever shows up.... shows up. I will post a time and the room.
Ya Mike, I hear so often form folks "Wish I had someone to fly with" So me and a couple of friends came up with 120SR Combat Smack Down. The goal is trash talking, going to take you down, last one in the air wins.

I will post more info when I have it.

Bring it!!
Blackanthem is offline Find More Posts by Blackanthem
Old Aug 15, 2012, 06:08 PM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,865 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
Black, I don't have the Phoenix I know what your talking about though. Kyle told me if I had Phoenix sim we could go on line and fly together. That must be awesome. I hope you round up some participants. This "is" what you'er talking about right???

Sorry Guys, I know this is off topic, buuuut, on topic because wind plays a huge part in our flying and is always talked about right? This is a vid of me flying my souped up Esky Lama V4. It used to be 72mhz. I did surgery and it is now a 2.4g with an Eflight 4in1 brick bound to my DX6i

Winds were reported at Logan Int. at 8mph. Note the flag, tree limbs/tops that are blowing. IMHO, "I" "me" would personally leave my 120SR in the house.

Just a little bragging rights flying a coax in the wind in which everyone says you can't do
Mike.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UBTxUTCeLU&feature=plcp
Good job on the conversion, Mike. Can't tell it had a sex change.