SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 11, 2012, 12:52 PM
United States, FL, North Port
Joined Jun 2012
173 Posts
I flew the 120SR today a little windy..what a blast ...not bad ..as Sax says I am before heli's
venicebill is offline Find More Posts by venicebill
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 12, 2012, 10:28 PM
United States, FL, Bradenton
Joined Jun 2012
424 Posts
Hey guys. Still love this little helicopter. I've been messing around with an 808 key chain camera on it and it's awesome. I uploaded a quasi how to and demonstration to the Tubes of You -
Blade SR 120 with 808 key chain camera (2 min 44 sec)

Happy Flying!

- Blizz
installerblizz is offline Find More Posts by installerblizz
Old Aug 13, 2012, 09:27 AM
Look ma, no hands!
United States, WI, Sheboygan
Joined Aug 2011
1,252 Posts
gj Blizz - nice vid! Which camera are you using? My #16 HD always has more "Jello effect" than that especially outside - did you run your clips through a stabilizing algorithm e.g. Youtube?
1Pilgrim is offline Find More Posts by 1Pilgrim
Old Aug 13, 2012, 09:48 AM
Joined Jun 2012
173 Posts
Four packs on the 120SR this morning ...Happy flying
Old Aug 13, 2012, 10:12 AM
Joined Jun 2012
424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Pilgrim View Post
gj Blizz - nice vid! Which camera are you using? My #16 HD always has more "Jello effect" than that especially outside - did you run your clips through a stabilizing algorithm e.g. Youtube?
Thanks!

It's the one that has a blue time/date stamp in the lower right corner, and is 720x480. I forget which #. It was 7.50 shipped on eBay. YouTube's stabilization feature fixed the vibration.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 10:43 AM
Epilepsy Awareness
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,835 Posts
If you Guys want to learn some more about these keychain cams go here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...56994&page=513

Go to page 1 and 2,,..read, before posting questions. Excellent thread on getting the most out of your #16 808 (and others). Nice vid blizz...

@Bill WOW, you'er really tearing up the skies there Bill. Glad you are having so much fun.

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Aug 13, 2012, 06:20 PM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by installerblizz View Post
Hey guys. Still love this little helicopter. I've been messing around with an 808 key chain camera on it and it's awesome. I uploaded a quasi how to and demonstration to the Tubes of You - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG9yorNGPbg

Happy Flying!

- Blizz
Thanks for the battery tip. Good vid.
Saxguy1000 is online now Find More Posts by Saxguy1000
Old Aug 14, 2012, 08:59 AM
Wind you go around in circles
United States, FL, Middleburg
Joined Jan 2012
1,369 Posts
Tools

Hi All, "Pen Oiler", It took me some time to find one and this one from JR is fair. They dont come with much oil and the needle is very short along with the fact that you must push the needle in for the oil to come out. This one may be made for RC Cars. Anyway it makes it hard to get to those bearings on our Birds that must be oiled. Well it was time for me to give my dog a 7in1 shot. As I was doing so I thought, this may make a great oiler and it comes with a cover. I carefully ground the point off the needle and filled it with ATF "Trans fulid", which is a great lube and will not harm rubber and easy to see "RED". Well it works GREAT. The needle is about 3/4" long and works well to get in those tight areas. Also I have had no problem with leaks. If you would like to try one you can check the drug store or you may know someone who takes insulin. "Please DO NOT USE a USED needle". A quart of ATF will lube your heli for a very long time, for just a few $.WS
Wind Spirit is offline Find More Posts by Wind Spirit
Old Aug 14, 2012, 09:11 AM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,864 Posts
Cool, but ATF? Why would you want to use Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms just to oil a heli?

Old Aug 14, 2012, 09:16 AM
Joined Jun 2012
173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
If you Guys want to learn some more about these keychain cams go here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...56994&page=513

Go to page 1 and 2,,..read, before posting questions. Excellent thread on getting the most out of your #16 808 (and others). Nice vid blizz...

@Bill WOW, you'er really tearing up the skies there Bill. Glad you are having so much fun.

Mike.
Thank you Mike
..love this little 120SR..great for guys in my status..Happy flying
Old Aug 14, 2012, 09:51 AM
Wind you go around in circles
United States, FL, Middleburg
Joined Jan 2012
1,369 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxguy1000 View Post
Cool, but ATF? Why would you want to use Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms just to oil a heli?

Thats a good one, Just make sure you use a new needle, you wouldn't want your Heli to catch anything.
Hey, I am still using those Raden 1300 batts. love them, thanks again for that info. I am also still using my FB mod, no paddles. She is a happy Bird. I am working on floats so she can do a bird bath from time to time. Will post a video of that.
Take Care, Gotta do the work thing,.WS
Wind Spirit is offline Find More Posts by Wind Spirit
Old Aug 14, 2012, 10:10 AM
Epilepsy Awareness
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,835 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind Spirit View Post
Work? What is that?

Joking...you are certainly blessed in this horrible economy

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Aug 14, 2012, 11:14 AM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind Spirit View Post
Thats a good one, Just make sure you use a new needle, you wouldn't want your Heli to catch anything.
Hey, I am still using those Raden 1300 batts. love them, thanks again for that info. I am also still using my FB mod, no paddles. She is a happy Bird. I am working on floats so she can do a bird bath from time to time. Will post a video of that.
Floats are super. I put snow skis on mine winter before last It was really fun.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 11:16 AM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
Work? What is that?

Mike.
5 months and I'll be asking that question!
Old Aug 14, 2012, 03:18 PM
Joined Jun 2012
424 Posts
A few cost-free repairs I made last night that I wanted to share:

1. I started having tail blow out more and more and then the tail motor quit altogether. I thought the tail motor had burned out but it was just a short in those tiny wires. I soldered in some new ones and it's fixed!

2. My main motor crapped out when I was just over the roof of my house!:0 Worst crash yet. I didn't notice right away, but the tail boom became cracked in several places and was allowing it to twist. The tail boom (and the body mounts) absorb superglue quite well, so I literally covered it in super glue, ran a finger over it to rub it in, twisted it to open the cracks to let the glue in, and let it dry. Now it's rock solid again, although I do still have some glue on my finger LOL.