SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 05, 2012, 04:33 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,822 Posts
Hey Guys, was just doing a walk around. I think the winds may calm for a short period. Anyway, looky what Mikey found. I haven't flown her in about 2 weeks and the tail was fine. We need to figure a way to keep these in storage to keep them in shape
Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 05, 2012, 04:38 PM
Look ma, no hands!
United States, WI, Sheboygan
Joined Aug 2011
1,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetis View Post
Keep the animation to yourself- unsubscribe
Wow, lighten up dude! Still coming down off that Starbucks buzz, are we? We share our own experiences trying out some of the tips/tricks/mods found in Mr. Salt's excellent tome. and we're only too happy to give him his props. That's why I shared his link in the first place - "someone" asked me for the tx settings I use and I referred "him" to Mr. Salt. I still haven't heard whether those settings helped "him" or not.
1Pilgrim is offline Find More Posts by 1Pilgrim
Last edited by 1Pilgrim; Aug 05, 2012 at 04:49 PM.
Old Aug 05, 2012, 04:43 PM
Look ma, no hands!
United States, WI, Sheboygan
Joined Aug 2011
1,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
Slightly bent ears will cause TBE

Mike.
So THAT'S my problem - who knew?
1Pilgrim is offline Find More Posts by 1Pilgrim
Last edited by 1Pilgrim; Aug 05, 2012 at 04:51 PM.
Old Aug 05, 2012, 04:53 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Aug 2011
643 Posts
Wowza! Hey! any of you all want to join my FB Group "Blade Flyers" PM me and I will send you the link. Just some friends talking about Helicopters and stuff.
I am with Mike. When I got my DX6i I was totally over whelmed. Salts DX6i settings guide really helped me out.
Blackanthem is online now Find More Posts by Blackanthem
Old Aug 05, 2012, 05:40 PM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
7,561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind Spirit View Post
Have not seen that before, I like it. WS
Get 'em from my guitar forum

... I probably wouldn't be allowed to use the "good" ones

... but they sure would come in handy in some of the corners of RCGroups I frequent
North_of_49 is online now Find More Posts by North_of_49
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by North_of_49; Aug 05, 2012 at 08:50 PM.
Old Aug 05, 2012, 06:27 PM
Wind you go around in circles
United States, FL, Middleburg
Joined Jan 2012
1,369 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_of_49 View Post
Get 'em from my guitar forum
Well, All I can say is it was right on time. I think alot of the other guys were holding back. It is pretty obvious there are more problems than just Tx settings.WS
Wind Spirit is offline Find More Posts by Wind Spirit
Old Aug 05, 2012, 06:47 PM
Easy on the Sticks!
United States, WY, Crowheart
Joined Aug 2011
3,776 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
If it wasn't for "Battledude" (AKA Kyle..thanks Bud) who sent me a decent TX (HP6DSM) I would have sold my 120SR last October. Then I went into the DX6i and bought Salt's book and the rest is history. Been loving it since thanks to the many members here

Mike.
Wow, look at that fella's! An older ex military man, ready to give up about a year ago, and now can whip his 120 around a VFW hall like no ones business!!! That should be an inspiration to us all! It is to me! GJ Bro

Kyle
BattleDude is offline Find More Posts by BattleDude
Last edited by BattleDude; Aug 05, 2012 at 08:37 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Aug 05, 2012, 06:52 PM
Easy on the Sticks!
Joined Aug 2011
3,776 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetis View Post
I downloaded the ebook but I think there is far more valuable info in this thread and over in HF. I could have enjoyed my $9 better at StarBucks.
Thank you for your service to our country.

I respectfully disagree with your view on Mr Salt's book, especially considering the price of the book. I consult the book, all the time.

I would much rather spend 8.95 on a book of any kind than high priced coffee.
Starbucks can keep thier foo-foo java!
Old Aug 05, 2012, 06:58 PM
Joined Aug 2011
643 Posts
Oh man.... I got to have my Americano. Nothing gets my rotors spinning like a 16oz Americano.
Old Aug 05, 2012, 08:22 PM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,864 Posts
I am always amazed when people are offended by words written in an informal forum such as this. I am a pro technical writer for the Army. 5 days a week I have to write words and sentences so precise that they can be scrutinized by Army, DOD and the nation and come out fully correct. Yet, when I write informally it's kind of like I talk, and most of time it doesn't come out exactly right. If a pro writer doesn't write it perfect every time, why would anyone assume that the average Joe is writing to offend someone? Unless there are words in complete sentences that are undeniably pointed at insulting you, give the writer a doggone break! Let him at least explain himself.
Saxguy1000 is offline Find More Posts by Saxguy1000
Old Aug 05, 2012, 08:30 PM
Joined Aug 2011
643 Posts
Name: 394631_246526118783699_176497411_n.jpg
Views: 49
Size: 18.5 KB
Description:
Old Aug 05, 2012, 08:32 PM
Easy on the Sticks!
Joined Aug 2011
3,776 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxguy1000 View Post
I am always amazed when people are offended by words written in an informal forum such as this. I am a pro technical writer for the Army. 5 days a week I have to write words and sentences so precise that they can be scrutinized by Army, DOD and the nation and come out fully correct. Yet, when I write informally it's kind of like I talk, and most of time it doesn't come out exactly right. If a pro writer doesn't write it perfect every time, why would anyone assume that the average Joe is writing to offend someone? Unless there are words in complete sentences that are undeniably pointed at insulting you, give the writer a doggone break! Let him at least explain himself.
Totally agree Bro. Your good at words Sax, thanks for pointing this out!
They just take the words wrong. A forum member has to be given the benefit of the doubt, as far as insults go. Everyone chill out!
Also would like to mention that this one of the most "polite" threads around, and it is you guys that make it that way!! Thanks.
Kyle
Old Aug 05, 2012, 08:35 PM
Easy on the Sticks!
Joined Aug 2011
3,776 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackanthem View Post
lol Black
Old Aug 05, 2012, 08:37 PM
Crash and burn, huh Mav?
USA, IN, Fort Wayne
Joined Aug 2010
995 Posts
I'm kind of new to helis and had to do my first repair on my SR 120 after a year of flying it. The main shaft started to wobble in flight, then broke about halfway up it. Luckily it snapped on the ground. I replaced the shaft, put everything back exactly as I took it off, but now when I get it in the air, I cannot get it to go forward hardly, even with full input. It also wants to go in a circular motion in the air now, like it was flushing down a toilet bowl. Any advice? Sorry if this is an obvious dumb question, but I'm a plane guy and don't know how to fix these. I appreciate any help you guys are willing to give. Thanks in advance!
Runnikee is offline Find More Posts by Runnikee
Old Aug 05, 2012, 08:47 PM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
7,561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleDude View Post

Also would like to mention that this one of the most "polite" threads around, and it is you guys that make it that way!! Thanks.
Kyle
That's exactly how I recently described the 3 Champ threads I'm subbed to and post in to my new flyin' buddy here in town... sent him the links and told him those are the threads to hang out in if you want to see good will and comradery... as is this one...

... but the Champ threads are full of faeries and pixie dust... just ask Mike

... you all need to buy one and head over there

by the way, I edited this here post... if ya know what I'm sayin' ...
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=14570
North_of_49 is online now Find More Posts by North_of_49
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by North_of_49; Aug 06, 2012 at 02:32 AM.