HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 05, 2012, 06:49 AM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Aug 2011
637 Posts
I hear ya. Just last week I had to break out Mr Salts book for the 120 DX6i settings, that I wiped out in my Tx. It's standard reading material for any new 120 pilot.
Blackanthem is offline Find More Posts by Blackanthem
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 05, 2012, 08:06 AM
Wind you go around in circles
United States, FL, Middleburg
Joined Jan 2012
1,362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackanthem View Post
I hear ya. Just last week I had to break out Mr Salts book for the 120 DX6i settings, that I wiped out in my Tx. It's standard reading material for any new 120 pilot.
+1, I think I have all of his e-books. His e-books on CP heils are very good also.WS
Wind Spirit is offline Find More Posts by Wind Spirit
Old Aug 05, 2012, 09:04 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind Spirit View Post
+1, I think I have all of his e-books. His e-books on CP heils are very good also.WS
Another source of info e-books, Captian Jack. Search Helicopter Captian Jack Clarke and you can get to his e-books. His books are every bit as good as Mr. Salt. I like his setup and training tips, in some area's I think his info is the best I have come across. Both Mr.Salt and Capt. Jack's e-books are very good and well worth the money. I still try to fly my 120 as often as I can but I must say because of the info from these two sources I have over 30 flights on my 450, my first CP heli that I built with no crashes and I have never used a sim. I can tell you without the added help of Capt. Jack's tips I would have put that bird in the ground day one. Rain all day here, time to fly inside with the 120.WS
Wind Spirit is offline Find More Posts by Wind Spirit
Old Aug 05, 2012, 12:01 PM
United States, MO, St Louis
Joined Mar 2012
67 Posts
I have a 120SR with the xtreme motor upgrade. The last few times I have tried to fly it the helicopter acted like it was not getting power so I blamed the batteries. I tried the batteries today on another 120SR and it flew fine. What would cause my helicopter to act that way? It was not due to a crash, just one day it was not the same anymore.

As for a recent question about flying indoors...I don't think you can beat the v911 either price wise or performance wise for indoors.
SpiritofStLouis is offline Find More Posts by SpiritofStLouis
Last edited by SpiritofStLouis; Aug 05, 2012 at 12:11 PM.
Old Aug 05, 2012, 12:11 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritofStLouis View Post
I have a 120SR with the xtreme motor upgrade. The last few times I have tried to fly it the helicopter acted like it was not getting power so I blamed the batteries. I tried the batteries today on another 120SR and it flew fine. What would cause my helicopter to act that way? It was not due to a crash, just one day it was not the same anymore.
First I would take note of the "before" voltage and, "after" voltage of your flight. Also pay attention to see if the LVC light comes on. Right now I can't think of anything other than a bad connection between the batt and motor. Or a bad tail motor sucking the life out of the batt.

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Aug 05, 2012, 12:36 PM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
1,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Pilgrim View Post
If you haven't already done so I highly recommend that you download Mr. Salt's "e-guide for the MSR and 120 SR". It includes a lot of tips and tricks for these two helis, including settings for the dx7 and dx6i. You can download it as a pdf file (the only way to get it) for about $9 at

www.rchelicopterfun.com
I downloaded the ebook but I think there is far more valuable info in this thread and over in HF. I could have enjoyed my $9 better at StarBucks.
Thetis is online now Find More Posts by Thetis
Old Aug 05, 2012, 01:09 PM
Look ma, no hands!
United States, WI, Sheboygan
Joined Aug 2011
1,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetis View Post
I downloaded the ebook but I think there is far more valuable info in this thread and over in HF. I could have enjoyed my $9 better at StarBucks.
Sorry to hear that; I found it invaluable early on. It might depend on what kind of tx you have. What did you think of his settings, especially the dr/expo, mix1 and throttle curve? Wasn't that your original question?

Then again, I don't drink overpriced coffee ...
1Pilgrim is offline Find More Posts by 1Pilgrim
Last edited by 1Pilgrim; Aug 05, 2012 at 01:16 PM.
Old Aug 05, 2012, 01:23 PM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
6,574 Posts
Quote:
Where do you think alot of the info we regurgitate in this (and probably HF) thread came from?

In the book, you get the visual illustrations... which works better for me.
North_of_49 is online now Find More Posts by North_of_49
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 05, 2012, 01:42 PM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
1,006 Posts
I have expressed my opinion which I am entitled to, after being an ex-military pilot and now a private one. Probably my reading standards are not met as far as this particular ebook. Have a nice one
Old Aug 05, 2012, 01:45 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
6,574 Posts
Oh, yeah man, It wasn't condescending... did you not see my wink?

Was just pointing out... regarding your comment about finding better info in this thread... that alot of the info we post here actually came from the book...

... that's all.

RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 05, 2012, 02:10 PM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
1,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_of_49 View Post

Was just pointing out... regarding your comment about finding better info in this thread... that alot of the info we post here actually came from the book...

... that's all.

Posting in this thread info taken from the book is not permitted as per the author. What's your point?
Old Aug 05, 2012, 02:12 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_of_49 View Post

... that's all.

Very true North. Many times we all remind ourselves as to what "page" to find "such & such" info about our helis and how to repair them. A member mentioned something about TBE a few pages back, that there was more to it than you think. I was just reading Salt's ebook catching up on the subject. Slightly bent ears will cause TBE among the usual flybar, etc.

If it wasn't for "Battledude" (AKA Kyle..thanks Bud) who sent me a decent TX (HP6DSM) I would have sold my 120SR last October. Then I went into the DX6i and bought Salt's book and the rest is history. Been loving it since thanks to the many members here

@Thetis, Thank you for your service.

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Aug 05, 2012, 02:49 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
6,574 Posts
Quote:
Posting in this thread info taken from the book is not permitted as per the author. What's your point?
nevermind, bro.

Name: wtf.gif
Views: 43
Size: 2.0 KB
Description:
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 05, 2012, 03:02 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,362 Posts