HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 03, 2010, 07:26 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,517 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalyoni View Post
i set the timer for 6:30mins. I have never flown the champ till its dead cause i dont want to risk a death drop. I can assure you that there not counterfit. Its just in Australia we get ripped off on the price mate. This is the whole point I have been trying to make and the reason that im not getting hyperions as they cost to much.

Fingers crossed the weathers good tomorrow.
Ah, you'd rather hit some pole or yourself than hit LVC, right?

I believe I have read a while ago that one can fly over 10 minutes with the Champ with 160's, so it must draw less current. And the difference is most noticable with high currents. One comment on Hobby King on the Turnigy 160 says it can only deliver full capacity at 10C. At 15 or 20 C discharge the capacity is 150 mah at most. So if you stay below that figure, you may not notice much difference. But in a Solo Pro, it's like day and night.

I need 10 to 15 % less throttle for hover with Intellect. And when I fly alternating between Turnigy and Intellect, I find that after a Turnigy I need to ease up on the throttle, or before I know it I find my bird above the trees. When I take a Turnigy after an Intellect, I almost crash into the ground on FFF because I need to adjust to having to mash the throttle stick further up to maintain altitude. And flight times for Turnigy 160 hardly ever exceed 5 minutes, while with the Intellect 130 I easily get over 6 minutes. If you loaded the battery so I couldn't see which one you put into my heli, and then handed me the TX, I would within 10 seconds know which battery I had in the heli.

But 15 dollar for one battery is a rip off.
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by SoloProFan; Sep 03, 2010 at 07:43 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 03, 2010, 07:35 AM
The wheels touch down FIRST??
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jun 2009
24,641 Posts
BTW...me glasses-cam still hasn't arrived yet...

Was hoping to have them for the weekend...and film a few things...

BJ
BJ64 is online now Find More Posts by BJ64
Old Sep 03, 2010, 08:16 AM
Joined Jun 2009
24,641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPro View Post
...If you loaded the battery so I couldn't see which one you put into my heli, and then handed me the TX, I would within 10 seconds know which battery I had in the heli.
...and I reckon I could pick the Hyperion 160 on lift-off alone...

BJ
Old Sep 03, 2010, 08:21 AM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,127 Posts
phoenix bj?
stalyoni is offline Find More Posts by stalyoni
Old Sep 03, 2010, 08:54 AM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
United States, IA, Grinnell
Joined Aug 2007
4,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy1 View Post
Your dog looks funny
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
He is funny, likes to chase helis though.

Pappy, you are too generous. That is not what I said about that dog! On the other hand my dog is beautiful.
Ron
A Rdnek is offline Find More Posts by A Rdnek
Old Sep 03, 2010, 09:08 AM
Joined Jun 2009
24,641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Rdnek View Post
Pappy, you are too generous. That is not what I said about that dog! On the other hand my dog is beautiful.
Ron
I think what he means is that your Dawgie looks kinda scrawny. A bit like a startled Elf - but I'm sure she's gorgeous just the same...

BJ
Old Sep 03, 2010, 09:09 AM
Joined Jun 2009
24,641 Posts
Quote:
phoenix bj?
K...

You dial it, I'll wind it...

BJ
Last edited by BJ64; Sep 03, 2010 at 09:15 AM.
Old Sep 03, 2010, 09:28 AM
Joined Jun 2009
24,641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ64 View Post
I think what he means is that your Dawgie looks kinda scrawny. A bit like a startled Elf - but I'm sure she's gorgeous just the same...

BJ
*whoops*....wrong post.

I meant Jasmine's pooch

Looks like she's really fangin for a Schmako's or somethin..

BJ
Old Sep 03, 2010, 09:42 AM
Joined Jun 2009
24,641 Posts
Quote:
phoenix bj?
Hmmm....

Looks like you've fallen of your perch...

Tummurah then...

BJ
Old Sep 03, 2010, 10:26 AM
Charlotte Douglas, NC
Joined Sep 2003
3,015 Posts
Quote:
i set the timer for 6:30mins. I have never flown the champ till its dead cause i dont want to risk a death drop. I can assure you that there not counterfit. Its just in Australia we get ripped off on the price mate. This is the whole point I have been trying to make and the reason that im not getting hyperions as they cost to much.

Fingers crossed the weathers good tomorrow.
Stal, the champ will float in dead stick, it doesn't need power at all. With my nanotech 160's at full throttle the entire flight I can get 12 minutes flight time with with just enough power to bring it in for a landing within 30 seconds. I get 9 minutes on the p51 with full throttle out of the same batteries. On the p51 though, 9 minutes of fast flight is about its limit. I never get the pulsing sound from the p51 as these batteries are full power right up to the end and boom they are done.

Anyways, you can get them dirt cheap from hk when they are in stock.
DoomsDay is offline Find More Posts by DoomsDay
Old Sep 03, 2010, 10:33 AM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,127 Posts
doomsday i will try setting my timer for 9mins and see how it goes. Its raining now so its not looking good right now.
Old Sep 03, 2010, 12:52 PM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ64 View Post
Hmmm....

Looks like you've fallen of your perch...

Tummurah then...

BJ
How rude invites you, then phucks off with no explanation BAD GOLLUM !
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Old Sep 03, 2010, 01:14 PM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRIS... View Post
How rude invites you, then phucks off with no explanation BAD GOLLUM !
yeah sorry i had to play a scrim with my clan. Then i guess i got a little distracted. Oh well, next time gadget.

Should be 2 more sleeps till i get my sr 120 "sack". Cant wait now.

I think i might go pick up the new sukhoi xp 4ch stunt plane in the morning. Who says i need to eat. I need a new plane first.
Old Sep 03, 2010, 04:22 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,386 Posts
Well he just had a bath in that picture and he was standing up, which gives an odd look...

Anyway... you guys do realize that, if you see an increase in performance with a new battery, it means the old one was inadequate. If you take two batteries with adequate performance, you won't notice any difference, even if one of them is higher quality.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Sep 03, 2010, 04:43 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,568 Posts
With my Champ full out on hyp 160's I can fly for 7-8 minutes

Suk xp i can fly for 6-7 minutes of mixed but mostly full throttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPro View Post
Ah, you'd rather hit some pole or yourself than hit LVC, right?

I believe I have read a while ago that one can fly over 10 minutes with the Champ with 160's, so it must draw less current. And the difference is most noticable with high currents. One comment on Hobby King on the Turnigy 160 says it can only deliver full capacity at 10C. At 15 or 20 C discharge the capacity is 150 mah at most. So if you stay below that figure, you may not notice much difference. But in a Solo Pro, it's like day and night.

I need 10 to 15 % less throttle for hover with Intellect. And when I fly alternating between Turnigy and Intellect, I find that after a Turnigy I need to ease up on the throttle, or before I know it I find my bird above the trees. When I take a Turnigy after an Intellect, I almost crash into the ground on FFF because I need to adjust to having to mash the throttle stick further up to maintain altitude. And flight times for Turnigy 160 hardly ever exceed 5 minutes, while with the Intellect 130 I easily get over 6 minutes. If you loaded the battery so I couldn't see which one you put into my heli, and then handed me the TX, I would within 10 seconds know which battery I had in the heli.

But 15 dollar for one battery is a rip off.
Razors edge 29 is offline Find More Posts by Razors edge 29