Old Aug 29, 2010, 10:25 PM
LiPo Cursed but Still Electric
Northern Illinois, USA
Joined Aug 2010
368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Rdnek View Post
Great videos. I like this stuff.
How are you fellows mounting your cameras? I just tried my keychain camera on my 120 tonight. I just used a bit of velcro on the bottom of the canopy. It held OK, but I got some vibration. Your mounts seemed to be much smoother.
Thanks
Ron
Hi Rdnek, I kept things simple for this first video and mounted my camera with blue masking/painters tape cut into thin strips. This was only my 4th time flying this heli and my first payload flight period. I have a feeling that my camera is clunky weighing in at 20 grams. I mounted it to the front of the skids and balanced it the best I could by letting the battery hang out of it's mount by all but 1 cm and trimming the elevator back 4 clicks on my cheapie blade RTF 4 ch TX.

I'm 7 mo new to this hobby and have only flown my MCX and MSR indoors before buying the 120 SR.
isogloss3d is offline Find More Posts by isogloss3d
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 30, 2010, 12:54 AM
Mr. Wizzard
USA, MN, Coon Rapids
Joined Jun 2010
9 Posts
[QUOTE=isogloss3d;15917622]Great video FoxintheDen. I gave it a go as well, results not as good as yours. I will say that this bird is durable. I've crashed 12 times and luckily no apparent damage.

Thank you I think it's the difference in our camera's may account for your misfortune my friend. If I am not mistake the keycam I am using is lighter then the upright style camera you have. Although your is much nicer then mine I also mounted mine using cardboard wedged in between the landing gear with the camera paper taped directly under the main gear to the cardboard to keep the CG relatively the same. Just a thought, but your video quality is much better and then mine and it's a great video either way, nice work bro! Keep them coming! Hopefully the weather will be better the next few days so I can get out and make another video as well
FoxintheDen is offline Find More Posts by FoxintheDen
Old Aug 30, 2010, 12:56 AM
Mr. Wizzard
USA, MN, Coon Rapids
Joined Jun 2010
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Rdnek View Post
Great videos. I like this stuff.
How are you fellows mounting your cameras? I just tried my keychain camera on my 120 tonight. I just used a bit of velcro on the bottom of the canopy. It held OK, but I got some vibration. Your mounts seemed to be much smoother.
Thanks
Ron
Hey Ron I mounted mine using cardboard wedged in between the landing gear with the camera paper taped directly under the main gear to the cardboard to keep the CG relatively the same. Worked pretty well for me although I was thinking about getting some dense foam to wrap the camera in to help with the vibration a little more. I will get some pics up soon.
Fox
FoxintheDen is offline Find More Posts by FoxintheDen
Old Aug 30, 2010, 10:10 AM
Fort Myers FL
Joined Jun 2009
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalyoni View Post
yet another unboxing

i must admit i hate this douchebag and think hes a total cockhead (rob) but i thought i would post this link up anyways.
You can't please everybody. I forgive you for hating me without even knowing me.
Zephrus is offline Find More Posts by Zephrus
Old Aug 30, 2010, 10:58 AM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,083 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephrus View Post
You can't please everybody. I forgive you for hating me without even knowing me.
ROFL we cant like everyone in the world now can we?

GG buddy GG
stalyoni is offline Find More Posts by stalyoni
Old Aug 30, 2010, 01:37 PM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalyoni View Post
ROFL we cant like everyone in the world now can we?

GG buddy GG
Bet you feel a right t-wat now
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Old Aug 30, 2010, 01:46 PM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,083 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRIS... View Post
Bet you feel a right t-wat now
no why would i. I dont like this guys reviews and im entitled to my opinion. He tries way to hard and impersonates someone else who i will leave unmentioned here. Good luck to him for having a go though. I think thats what this hobby is all about.
stalyoni is offline Find More Posts by stalyoni
Old Aug 30, 2010, 03:42 PM
Joined Jan 2009
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog-Chief View Post
Can you post a picture of it? Mine has a screw on top of the main gear through the gear collar and main shaft just below the lower shaft bearing, but there is about 1/32 clearance between the screw head and any plastic other than the sleeve of the main gear that it is holding in place.
Here's some pics of my sr-120.

The frame looks warped in picture of side shot of screw head, it's not it's
straight, camera was too close when I took the picture.

You can see the rubbing on the plastic from the screw head, in the angle picture of the screw head.

Other pic is difference heights of the main gear and pinon gear.

Heavy Barrel is offline Find More Posts by Heavy Barrel
Old Aug 30, 2010, 05:07 PM
Love my scale Whirlybirds
Mississauga, Ont., Can.
Joined Sep 2009
2,376 Posts
Today, I took my 120 out in winds that would have normally been a no go for me, not that I can't fly in them, but I felt that the helicopter could not take it. I was wrong. At the park, the winds were a steady 10 mph with gusts up to 15. The helicopter had the most trouble trying to pierce into the gusts and for the most part, it was a stand-off, with the helicopter not being able to push forward, but the wind not able to move the 120 back. I have not seen the tendency for the pendulum effect when coming to a standstill in mid-air, but maybe when it is dead calm, I might find it. I did deck the heli at least three times but I was having so much fun, I couldn't care less about it. I just dusted it off, spun it up, and up it went. I did loose the thrust bearing from the tail motor but that didn't stop it from operating and also chipped a blade tip.

I think HH and their Blade division hit a home run with this heli. Afterwards, I visited a friend and after seeing me fly this 120 (chipped blades, missing bearing, and all), my Ecureuil, and my 250, he is considering dumping his monster truck to get some coin for an indoor trainer. Take care.

Don
Keyrigger is online now Find More Posts by Keyrigger
Old Aug 30, 2010, 06:11 PM
Joined Oct 2008
305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Barrel View Post
Here's some pics of my sr-120.

The frame looks warped in picture of side shot of screw head, it's not it's
straight, camera was too close when I took the picture.

You can see the rubbing on the plastic from the screw head, in the angle picture of the screw head.

Other pic is difference heights of the main gear and pinon gear.

WOW! Mine has more clearance between the blaclk plastic mainframe and the gear than that. is your shaft tight or does it have some verticle play? Mine has no play and the gears match up perfectly. For some reason it looks like your main gear is riding too close to the frame. From the exploded view in the manual it looks like it may be able to be adjusted by loosening the screw, sliding the gear down and retightening the screw. I'm not for sure since I haven't taken mine apart yet and it is aligned perfectly. LOL
SeaDog-Chief is offline Find More Posts by SeaDog-Chief
Old Aug 30, 2010, 06:42 PM
Joined Apr 2010
632 Posts
Quote:
WOW! Mine has more clearance between the blaclk plastic mainframe and the gear than that. is your shaft tight or does it have some verticle play? Mine has no play and the gears match up perfectly. For some reason it looks like your main gear is riding too close to the frame. From the exploded view in the manual it looks like it may be able to be adjusted by loosening the screw, sliding the gear down and retightening the screw. I'm not for sure since I haven't taken mine apart yet and it is aligned perfectly. LOL
Is yours aligned perfectly? Just making sure. LOL!
Technica is offline Find More Posts by Technica
Old Aug 30, 2010, 08:20 PM
Joined Oct 2008
305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technica View Post
Is yours aligned perfectly? Just making sure. LOL!
The main gear meshes centered on the pinion gear. There is equal amounts of pinion above and below the main gear and clearance between the screw head and the mainframe, no rubbing, no stiff turning rotor shaft. Looks like perfect alignment to me.
SeaDog-Chief is offline Find More Posts by SeaDog-Chief
Old Aug 30, 2010, 08:37 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,069 Posts
looks like they are not placing the pinion correctly on the motor shaft amongst other things

Quote:
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Aug 30, 2010, 10:12 PM
LiPo Cursed but Still Electric
Northern Illinois, USA
Joined Aug 2010
368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydro_pyro View Post
They have replaced mine five times. I was also nice and pleasant on the phone, and I also gave them a boat load of design suggestions.
Yeah same here. I was pleasant and honest on the phone and they replaced 2 of my 5-in-1 boards free of charge.
isogloss3d is offline Find More Posts by isogloss3d
Old Aug 30, 2010, 11:32 PM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
United States, IA, Grinnell
Joined Aug 2007
4,009 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
looks like they are not placing the pinion correctly on the motor shaft amongst other things
What other things?
Ron
A Rdnek is offline Find More Posts by A Rdnek