HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 28, 2010, 06:47 PM
Vanadu
Canada, YT, Whitehorse
Joined Dec 2008
3,832 Posts
Funcopter looks neat. I bet it would be a great choice for winter flying too as it is well insulated.
Heavy Chevy is online now Find More Posts by Heavy Chevy
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 28, 2010, 07:31 PM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
United States, IA, Grinnell
Joined Aug 2007
4,011 Posts
I haven't researched it yet, but i don't think it has been released yet.
I may be wrong, there might be a huge thread some here about it.
It really does look neat, and I really like the idea about the direct drive motor, but pretty expensive.
Maybe Heavy Chevy is right. Maybe it will keep the batteries warm.
Ron
A Rdnek is online now Find More Posts by A Rdnek
Old Aug 28, 2010, 11:10 PM
Joined Jan 2009
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
Well i looked at the 120 today; was gunna buy one BUT opted not to because I want something bigger.
It looks nice though.
I also inspected the gear to see if it would make that "clicking" noise but turning the mast and didn't hear anything but normal gear mesh noise. Now it might Make noise at higher RPMs.
I did notice though that the piņon gear meets with the main gear at the bottom of the piņon and not in the middle.
Are they all like that?
Got the sr 120 this week, flew it four times (battery charges) so far. First and second batt. flight, there was no clicking, third flight started getting the clicking, but I also changed the linkage to the advance mode. Fourth flight clicking got louder, like in the video by pappy1. Changed the linkage back to factory setting, same clicking.
The screw head that attaches through the main gear and shaft, looks like it has been rubbing against bottom of frame, and made a few small shavings that might be getting into the lower bearing. I did loosen the screw, quarter turn, and the blades turned easier. Not sure if the clicking was quieter, maybe. Going to fly it awhile, maybe till it breaks, then start tearing it apart.

The pinon gear on mine also is not centered with the main gear, it also is at the bottom and some of the main gear is a bit past the pinon gear.
Heavy Barrel is offline Find More Posts by Heavy Barrel
Old Aug 28, 2010, 11:43 PM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
I had the clicking from new with my 120SR and I thinks its the screw head that attaches through the bottom of the main shaft.
It seems to have gone now as the screw head has shaved through the plastic.
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Old Aug 29, 2010, 12:13 AM
The wheels touch down FIRST??
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jun 2009
24,231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Rdnek View Post
Hmm. Something bigger, quite, stable,............OK! FOUND it.
Here ya go Razor get this.
http://www.bphobbies.com/view.asp?id...E0545693&img=l
Ron
That's actually quite a nice looking Bird.

But hell, 230 bucks and:

To complete this kit - you will need a 6 channel Tx/Rx, 37 Amp minimum brushless ESC ( Castle Creations Thunderbird-36 Brushless Speed Controller (TB-36)), 3 servos ( HS-82MG Micro Metal Gear Servo (32082S)), a gyro ( Funcopter Gyro (M755034)), and a battery.

*Eeeeesh*....

BJ
BJ64 is offline Find More Posts by BJ64
Old Aug 29, 2010, 12:44 AM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,083 Posts
the funcopter is crap, have you acually seen them on youtube?

They have anti crash blades that fold up when they hit something. LOLS.

Im with BJ its going to cost a small fortune for not that much FUN of a COPTER.
stalyoni is offline Find More Posts by stalyoni
Old Aug 29, 2010, 12:47 AM
Joined Jun 2009
24,231 Posts
Dunno...can't really comment, as I haven't seen one fly yet.

But they're a good lookin dude...

BJ
Old Aug 29, 2010, 12:56 AM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,083 Posts
yeah but you should know by now it all comes down to money in this hobby and thats way to expensive for what it is. If it was $100 BNF with a spektrum RX then i might get one.
stalyoni is offline Find More Posts by stalyoni
Old Aug 29, 2010, 01:03 AM
Joined Jun 2009
24,231 Posts
The price wouldn't really faze me so long as it flew sweet...

BJ
Old Aug 29, 2010, 01:25 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,258 Posts
Thanks for info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Barrel View Post
Got the sr 120 this week, flew it four times (battery charges) so far. First and second batt. flight, there was no clicking, third flight started getting the clicking, but I also changed the linkage to the advance mode. Fourth flight clicking got louder, like in the video by pappy1. Changed the linkage back to factory setting, same clicking.
The screw head that attaches through the main gear and shaft, looks like it has been rubbing against bottom of frame, and made a few small shavings that might be getting into the lower bearing. I did loosen the screw, quarter turn, and the blades turned easier. Not sure if the clicking was quieter, maybe. Going to fly it awhile, maybe till it breaks, then start tearing it apart.

The pinon gear on mine also is not centered with the main gear, it also is at the bottom and some of the main gear is a bit past the pinon gear.
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Aug 29, 2010, 08:44 AM
Joined Oct 2008
307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRIS... View Post
I had the clicking from new with my 120SR and I thinks its the screw head that attaches through the bottom of the main shaft.
It seems to have gone now as the screw head has shaved through the plastic.
Can you post a picture of it? Mine has a screw on top of the main gear through the gear collar and main shaft just below the lower shaft bearing, but there is about 1/32 clearance between the screw head and any plastic other than the sleeve of the main gear that it is holding in place.
SeaDog-Chief is offline Find More Posts by SeaDog-Chief
Old Aug 29, 2010, 12:40 PM
EDF Junkie
Pacific Northwest
Joined Oct 2007
1,496 Posts
Flying in the wind with the E-Flite Blade 120 SR

Here are a couple of videos of my 120 SR at a nearby park. The wind was 16 mph with gusts to 21 at the time I was flying (from Weather.COM). This is a fun heli. I feel that many people dismissed this heli prior to release thinking it was just a bigger mSR. It flies much better than in mSR in my opinion. It doesn't spin out like the mSR does in a tight turn and you don't have to fight it as much for fast forward flight and it will handle some wind.

I lucked out and was able to buy two extra E-Flite batteries when I bought the 120. A couple more wouldn't hurt but three makes the walk to the park worthwhile.

Flight #1 with durability testing at the end (crash).

E-Flite Blade 120 SR Micro Helicopter (BNF) (1 min 47 sec)

Flight #2
E-Flite Blade 120 SR Micro Helicopter (BNF) at the Park (2 min 42 sec)

Have fun!
NwRcFlight is offline Find More Posts by NwRcFlight
Last edited by NwRcFlight; Aug 29, 2010 at 12:51 PM.
Old Aug 29, 2010, 09:16 PM
LiPo Cursed but Still Electric
Northern Illinois, USA
Joined Aug 2010
368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxintheDen View Post
Hey all, I just shot this video today of my 120 with a keycam in WNW winds around 9mph. It was a blast! I did have a harsh landing due to the battery died and the wind kicked it around a bit but it was awesome! This is one fun heli!

http://vimeo.com/14438761
Great video FoxintheDen. I gave it a go as well, results not as good as yours. I will say that this bird is durable. I've crashed 12 times and luckily no apparent damage.

Blade 120 SR RC Heli Cam - Flight #5 - No crashing! (3 min 16 sec)
isogloss3d is offline Find More Posts by isogloss3d
Old Aug 29, 2010, 09:44 PM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
United States, IA, Grinnell
Joined Aug 2007
4,011 Posts
Great videos. I like this stuff.
How are you fellows mounting your cameras? I just tried my keychain camera on my 120 tonight. I just used a bit of velcro on the bottom of the canopy. It held OK, but I got some vibration. Your mounts seemed to be much smoother.
Thanks
Ron
A Rdnek is online now Find More Posts by A Rdnek
Old Aug 29, 2010, 10:06 PM
Suspended Account
Ohio
Joined Aug 2008
1,288 Posts
Ok I'll admit it I might have been harsh on the SR120...

But I'm still not in the market (hint to HH)
Metieval is offline Find More Posts by Metieval
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)