Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 27, 2010, 09:48 AM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
United States, IA, Grinnell
Joined Aug 2007
4,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy1 View Post
Hi still havent bought it yet,just going to watch and wait for a while,i found a video with that clicking sound someone mentioned before,your heli dont sound like this do they?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yots1...eature=related

NO they do not all sound like that. Mine, and most others, are very quite.
That youtube example has a bad gear, or maybe a piece of grit in the main gear.
Ron
A Rdnek is offline Find More Posts by A Rdnek
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 27, 2010, 09:50 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,450 Posts
My LHS let us fly one INSIDE the shop... No clickity noise. Flew VERY MUCH like the mSr!

I'm not crazy about the set up on the PDF... Travel adjust at %125 should be done gradually. On those small servos, increasing travel by an extra %25 or even less may sometime cause servo lock-up!

And sure enough, the beauty of being able to play with so many parameters is the fact that it does become everybody's taste. It does seem like a good starting point though. (With plain travel instead of %125)
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Aug 27, 2010, 10:12 AM
The wheels touch down FIRST??
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jun 2009
23,956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalyoni View Post
sorry, i miss read. I though your saying you can get one from the UK or US delivered for that price. Ill be interested what you think of it BJ.
Me too...

Once I get my hot sweaty little hands on it, I'll let you know.

From what I saw when they demo'd it at the LHS, it's gonna be a complete Riot.

Till then, my patience is gonna be wearing thin...

BJ
BJ64 is online now Find More Posts by BJ64
Old Aug 27, 2010, 01:57 PM
Heli's rule!
Midvale, Utah, USA
Joined Mar 2005
8,574 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalyoni View Post
[

STAY AWAY FROM THE GLOW IN THE DARK PARTS

There to brittle and brake real easy.
Yea, they're kinda brittle and break more easily than the normal stuff. Horizon has it on their website, but not on the package for some reason
Quote:
Note: Due to the nature of the glow in the dark plastic material, the parts may not be as durable as the standard plastic parts.
I personally just assumed the glowy parts would be more brittle... Learn to not crash, then get the glowy stuff
dacaur is offline Find More Posts by dacaur
Old Aug 27, 2010, 01:59 PM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Its a shame you lot get robbed so bad in AuS I was starting to thing it would be cheaper for me to get you one BJ and send it to ya
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Old Aug 27, 2010, 02:06 PM
The lunatic is on the grass
Joined Aug 2008
4,843 Posts
I wonder how much it would cost to send a box that weighs the same as the 120 sr box from here to Aus.?
Is it cheaper for a regular joe to to send something from your house than if your ordering something online?
ridgewalker is offline Find More Posts by ridgewalker
Old Aug 27, 2010, 02:15 PM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgewalker View Post
I wonder how much it would cost to send a box that weighs the same as the 120 sr box from here to Aus.?
Is it cheaper for a regular joe to to send something from your house than if your ordering something online?
I dont know RW but I willing to look into for BJ or Stal there getting taxed big style !
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Old Aug 27, 2010, 05:03 PM
Flying Monkey
Lexington, KY
Joined Aug 2010
307 Posts
Light me up!

120 SR Small dark spaces (2 min 51 sec)
Here is the canopy, skids, and fin, to part 1 of my 120 cosmetic MOD. The lights were last minute, for shits and giggles.
heli-yeah is offline Find More Posts by heli-yeah
Last edited by heli-yeah; Aug 27, 2010 at 05:11 PM.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 05:08 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,056 Posts
What are some must have replacement parts?
Razors edge 29 is offline Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Aug 27, 2010, 05:18 PM
Joined Oct 2008
305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Rdnek View Post
NO they do not all sound like that. Mine, and most others, are very quite.
That youtube example has a bad gear, or maybe a piece of grit in the main gear.
Ron
It is obvious that the main blade is NOT hitting the tail rotor blade. if it is not a damaged gear I would guess it is a bearing or the motor. Try taking back to LHS or call Horizon customer service. It is a flaw!
SeaDog-Chief is offline Find More Posts by SeaDog-Chief
Old Aug 27, 2010, 05:26 PM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
Oh, ya had ta know I'd like THAT...have the lighted-flybar things gone away? Seemed they were everywhere, then, poof!
killbucket is offline Find More Posts by killbucket
Old Aug 27, 2010, 05:34 PM
Joined Aug 2008
4,843 Posts
Whatcha got all bundled up top the head......reminds me of santa with a sled full of presents..lol

I had thought of doing that and useing an msr battery 120 mah to power the lights.The msr battry fits nice between the main blade bolt holes on the grips.

So hows it fly?
I would imagine it might be a bit different than stock.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 06:03 PM
United States, OR, Hillsboro
Joined Dec 2009
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog-Chief View Post
It is obvious that the main blade is NOT hitting the tail rotor blade. if it is not a damaged gear I would guess it is a bearing or the motor. Try taking back to LHS or call Horizon customer service. It is a flaw!
The clicking sound is the motor. I have two 120's; one clicks, the other one doesn't (not as loud anyway). The motor on the one that clicks is stiffer to turn by hand and seems to have stronger magnets--- the plus is that the one that clicks has a little more power than the one that doesn't ( so I don't think it's a bearing problem.)
There is no blade strike or any problem with the main gear and I'm pretty sure the only difference between the two heli's is the slight difference in the motors.
I'm not worried about the clicking,I just consider "normal" for this heli.
Ron244 is offline Find More Posts by Ron244
Old Aug 27, 2010, 07:04 PM
Joined Aug 2008
4,843 Posts
How can you tell that the magnet is stronger in one than the other?
I mean no disrespect...But just because it is stiffer does not always mean it has stronger magnets,mabey something is adding extra friction?

On the outside of the main motor on mine there was a short straight peace of wire about 1/4'' long.
It was stuck to the motor because of the magnet.I pulled it off the can and tossed it,never thought anymore about it.
But with you saying the motor is stiffer than the other it makes me think that mabey...somehow a small peace of wire...or somthing could be stuck inside..from the magnet causeing one motor to be stiffer.

But that wouldn't explain you saying that the stiffer motor seems to have more power????
Thats strange.
Be sure to keep us updated on how that motor is going.I would be curious when it dies to take it appart and have a look see and compare it with a non clicking motor...Strange.

As long as it is working i would keep flying and have fun with it.

Ridgewalker
Old Aug 27, 2010, 07:08 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,056 Posts
so yeah, if i get a blade SR 120 tomorrow - what replacement parts are a must to have in stock?
Razors edge 29 is offline Find More Posts by Razors edge 29