HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 01, 2012, 04:41 PM
Look ma, no hands!
United States, WI, Sheboygan
Joined Aug 2011
1,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackanthem View Post
Tested a new Camera platform this morning. I need to adjust my angle, but otherwise I am happy with it. Very little jello effect and the camera is upside down. A lot easier to get at the buttons and see what the camera is doing with this set up.
I really need pics of your new camera mount. I Velcroed the battery to the bacb of the 5-in-1 case like you, and the camera is Velcroed to the underside of the Astroid Designs battery mount (I'm flying the camera without the canopy). The vibration is awful.
1Pilgrim is offline Find More Posts by 1Pilgrim
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 01, 2012, 05:05 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Aug 2011
642 Posts
Hey Pilgrim. The trick is to get it tight to the frame. However you do it, your mount has to one with the frame. I have mine attached to the bottom of the stock canopy. Taking some clear tape, I wrap it around the camera onto the canopy pulling it tight into the bottom outside of the battery mount. It has zero movement, it becomes one with the frame.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=9515
Blackanthem is offline Find More Posts by Blackanthem
Last edited by Blackanthem; Jan 01, 2012 at 05:25 PM.
Old Jan 01, 2012, 05:58 PM
Look ma, no hands!
United States, WI, Sheboygan
Joined Aug 2011
1,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackanthem View Post
Hey Pilgrim. The trick is to get it tight to the frame. However you do it, your mount has to one with the frame. I have mine attached to the bottom of the stock canopy. Taking some clear tape, I wrap it around the camera onto the canopy pulling it tight into the bottom outside of the battery mount. It has zero movement, it becomes one with the frame.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=9515
I figured out how to wind a fairly heavy rubber band around the camera and battery mount; that helped a lot. Now I can't remember how to upload the video - it's on youtube but I can't attach it to this post - keep getting the error message "invalid file".

EDIT: The MOV files coming off the #16 are huge, probably too big to upload here.
1Pilgrim is offline Find More Posts by 1Pilgrim
Old Jan 01, 2012, 06:21 PM
Joined Aug 2011
642 Posts
Do you have windows 7? If you do you want to get Windows Live Movie Maker (free). Move your .mov file into a folder on your desktop. Add the .mov file in Windows Live Movie Maker.
Old Jan 01, 2012, 07:41 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
What batteries do you guys use? I found these is this a good website or is there another one thats better and has the same or better batteries.

http://www.wowhobbies.com/hp25c05501...elicopter.aspx
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface
Old Jan 01, 2012, 07:45 PM
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Jun 2009
148 Posts
How to replace the tail boom on SR 120 ?

I broke the motor bracket off the tail boom and have a replacement boom/ motor bracket. How to get the old one out ? Don't see a screw. Is it a press fit ? I don't want to do anymore damage. Thanks for any help.

Charlie
cbinfl is offline Find More Posts by cbinfl
Old Jan 01, 2012, 08:24 PM
Joined Aug 2011
642 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbinfl View Post
I broke the motor bracket off the tail boom and have a replacement boom/ motor bracket. How to get the old one out ? Don't see a screw. Is it a press fit ? I don't want to do anymore damage. Thanks for any help.

Charlie
The Boom will come out of the frame, it is a press fit. Like pulling a tooth
Old Jan 01, 2012, 08:27 PM
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Jun 2009
148 Posts
Many thanks.
cbinfl is offline Find More Posts by cbinfl
Old Jan 01, 2012, 09:11 PM
United States, IL, Manteno
Joined Dec 2006
723 Posts
I highly recommend the Hyperion batteries for the 120 SR. I'm very pleased with their performance, plus they're even less expensive than the stock EFlites!

I purchased mine from All E RC for $6 each which is even less expensive than the store Stoned doggie mentioned in his post.

Don
Digital Don is offline Find More Posts by Digital Don
Old Jan 01, 2012, 10:04 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
thanks just orderd 4 of them for my dad.
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface
Old Jan 01, 2012, 10:21 PM
Joined Dec 2011
25 Posts
Any chance someone on the list has a good SPM file for a DX8? Coming from the coax beginning step, I got a 120 SR and a DX8 (Phoenix v3 also) for Christmas! I am not looking for an extremely aggressive setup...
cwall64 is offline Find More Posts by cwall64
Old Jan 01, 2012, 11:28 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,986 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt View Post

Nice!!! It says that that body is a rotor diameter of 8" though, might be a bit small?
How much did you pay shipped to the US?
The Huey is a bit bigger:
http://www.heli-scale-quality.com/co...art/Itemid,43/

Would LOVE a Huey, but it would have to be OD green which would make flying in my wooded backyard tricky...
Did you translate this with google or something similar Kurt? I dont exactly know which distance they mean, but the 205mm is some rotordistance, not the rotordiameter. The kit is suitable for the 120SR and definitely has the right size - it is about 12" long and fits SR120, V120 and similar size.

All the kits come unassembled and clear - you can paint them whatever way you like - the also come in stages, so if you only want parts of the kit, you can do that as well.

Shipping from Germany to here (Europe in general and vice versa from here to there) is the total killer!!! ...
(I am going to get 2 kits at once [the second one is hopefully for my BOL] but it always is at least 20$ ... I only got a combined price, so I will have to get the shipping cost individually - or wait until the package is here.)

Just today I ordered some rotor blades from the czech republic - was the same ... shipping was 30$ and the blades were only 10 more ... but what am I going to do? In this case it would have been almost as expensive if I had had them shipped to Germany ...

Anyway - this will be a rather extensive, time consuming project, but I will keep a tab on it on my blog

E2
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I "JUST" made a blog post ...
Old Jan 01, 2012, 11:31 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,986 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helohead View Post
Erdnuckel2,

64 X 35 X 5mm
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idproduct=7573

Randy
Hi Randy, I emailed the company to find this out for you. Unfortunately the battery would not fit - it is no problem to fit a 35mm wide battery (so I was told) but only if it is no longer than 44mm - after that the fuselage gets to tight ... as you have to install the battery in front of the motor/frame ...
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I "JUST" made a blog post ...
Old Jan 02, 2012, 07:10 AM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwall64 View Post
Any chance someone on the list has a good SPM file for a DX8? Coming from the coax beginning step, I got a 120 SR and a DX8 (Phoenix v3 also) for Christmas! I am not looking for an extremely aggressive setup...
See post #8574. Feel free to PM me. I've changed up the settings since this post, but just for my personal preferences.
Saxguy1000 is offline Find More Posts by Saxguy1000
Old Jan 02, 2012, 01:05 PM
Joined Jan 2012
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Don View Post
I highly recommend the Hyperion batteries for the 120 SR. I'm very pleased with their performance, plus they're even less expensive than the stock EFlites!

I purchased mine from All E RC for $6 each which is even less expensive than the store Stoned doggie mentioned in his post.

Don
Can they be used with the EFlite charger?
taz291819 is offline Find More Posts by taz291819