cleveland oh
Joined Mar 2009
627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickflaguy View Post
Favorite suppliers?

Batteries?
http://www.allerc.com/hyperion-g3-cx...li-p-6265.html

best batteries out there , but out of stock right now, i just bought 8, should be back in stock in a week, this vender is the best and the batteries cant be beat
xlrDALLAS is online now Find More Posts by xlrDALLAS
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 09, 2011, 05:40 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJF View Post
smart man...lol
thanks for telling me im a smart man. haha he relys on me to do his picking out and everything i told him about the 120 sr and the next day he got it lol. im new to so i ddient know how hard the 450 was going to be but he said he think the 120 sr was a great step up from the mcx and if after mastering the 120 sr if he still cant fly the 450 all that well than i thik he is going to get the mcpx.
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface
Old Nov 09, 2011, 05:50 PM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,807 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackanthem View Post
I bought a few "Tenergy 1S 3.7V 500mAh LiPo Battery for Eflite Blade 120SR #30536" from all-battery on E-bay. Nothing shipped after a day. Might want to stay clear of them in your hunts,,, just saying.
I've bought from them before and they were not fast, but I got them in reasonable time. They have a good policy for backing their batteries. I had a DOA and they replaced it for me no questions asked.
Saxguy1000 is offline Find More Posts by Saxguy1000
Old Nov 09, 2011, 05:51 PM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,807 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlrDALLAS View Post

best batteries out there , but out of stock right now, i just bought 8, should be back in stock in a week, this vender is the best and the batteries cant be beat
+1 I have had great batteries from them.
Old Nov 09, 2011, 05:58 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Aug 2011
631 Posts
Cool. I thought that they looked on the up.
Blackanthem is offline Find More Posts by Blackanthem
Old Nov 09, 2011, 10:28 PM
Look ma, no hands!
United States, WI, Sheboygan
Joined Aug 2011
1,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlrDALLAS View Post

I ordered 4 Hypes from allerc yesterday and they shipped today. I also got 4 of Quantum Hobby's last 7 last week - these things must be the hot ticket right now!

Still waiting for Tiny Brite Lights to ship my nav package; their site says they normally have a two-week backlog which wouldn't be too bad but it's been three since I placed the order. I've been happy with the quality, the price is right and they shipped my first two sets within a week. Anyone else have recent experience with them?
1Pilgrim is offline Find More Posts by 1Pilgrim
Old Nov 10, 2011, 07:55 AM
Space Cowboy
United States, CA, Vandenberg Air Force Base
Joined Jan 2007
1,123 Posts
Again, I just picked up some of the 550mah 25c Packs from ebay (Flytown packs)

Shipped fast and was a dang good price!

4 days from order to door!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280764966886...84.m1497.l2649

Both packs were at shipping voltage, i'll be charging them up tonight to test them out.
ShoGinn is offline Find More Posts by ShoGinn
Old Nov 10, 2011, 06:44 PM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,807 Posts
ValueRC sent me one of these batteries and I just flew it twice. Very good response. I'll have to see how long it lasts, but I'm pleased so far.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 08:24 PM
Look ma, no hands!
Joined Aug 2011
1,252 Posts
Flying indoors is a challenge for me; after hitting the wall (unfortunately literally, not figuratively ) I'm seeing some TBE for the first time. Up to now I've only replaced a canopy, the flybar and a couple of blades, and that was before these more recent mishaps. What are the likely sources of TBE in the SR 120? What's the most efficient way to pin it down, i.e. what should I check/replace first?
Old Nov 10, 2011, 08:31 PM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,807 Posts
Check:

o Blade and flybar tracking
o Blade nicks or dents
o The balls on the flybar (they have bent on me throwing it off)
o The linkages (bent)
o The linkage guides (arms can bend too wide)
o The swashplate arms (they can bend)
o Also check main shaft for a bend in the top centimeter.

This is why mine flew better after replacing all these parts.
Last edited by Saxguy1000; Nov 10, 2011 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Forgot: Check the main shaft for bending.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 08:40 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Pilgrim View Post
Flying indoors is a challenge for me; after hitting the wall (unfortunately literally, not figuratively ) I'm seeing some TBE for the first time. Up to now I've only replaced a canopy, the flybar and a couple of blades, and that was before these more recent mishaps. What are the likely sources of TBE in the SR 120? What's the most efficient way to pin it down, i.e. what should I check/replace first?
Make sure that the head rocks back and forth very easy with no friction at all.... if not,,,, fine and fix why not..
livonia bob is online now Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Nov 10, 2011, 08:45 PM
Look ma, no hands!
Joined Aug 2011
1,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxguy1000 View Post
Check:

o Blade and flybar tracking
o Blade nicks or dents
o The balls on the flybar (they have bent on me throwing it off)
o The linkages (bent)
o The linkage guides (arms can bend too wide)
o The swashplate arms (they can bend)
o Also check main shaft for a bend in the top centimeter.

This is why mine flew better after replacing all these parts.
I know how to check and correct blade and flybar balance and blade tracking; how do I check and correct flybar tracking?

I'm thinking about replacing the main shaft with aluminum. Are there any other upgrades that you feel are essential? I'd rather not break the bank on upgrades that are of marginal value - saving up for a camera
Old Nov 11, 2011, 12:01 AM
Joined Aug 2011
230 Posts
Iíve read more than a few accounts of broken canopies here, so Iím in good company.

Broke my stock green one a couple times last summer, managing to glue/tape it back together. But when I completely ripped the starboard mounting hole off, it was time to go buy a red replacement canopy. (Used a black sharpie to obliterate the green on the tail so it goes with either one.)

But rather than just toss the broken greenie aside, I started eyeing the perfectly contoured wrapper the new red canopy came in. Did some measuring and marking to get the mounting grommet in the right place. Just a couple dabs of CA and some scotch tape. Itís ugly for sure, but works just fine. Maybe time for a stealth paint job?

So thereís my spare if the red one meets a similar fate.

teflon97239 is offline Find More Posts by teflon97239
Old Nov 11, 2011, 01:00 AM
Somewhere in central Oklahoma
Joined Oct 2007
835 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Pilgrim View Post
Make sure all four of the links are there. Two from the swash to the flybar, and two from the flybar to the head. If one of the two from the flybar to the head is missing you will get TBE BIGTIME!
cbxer55 is offline Find More Posts by cbxer55
Old Nov 11, 2011, 06:43 AM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
10,945 Posts
Happy Veterans Day...Thank you
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012