Old Nov 08, 2011, 08:07 PM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Firemouth View Post
This is not true.
First, ALL aluminum upgrade swashplates have more throw. Hence more intense forward flight, more roll, and more backward flight control. Then, the flybars are stiffer which helps with stabilization and pendulum affect. Aluminum main shaft upgrades are more durable than CF shafts and help prevent TBE that is common with cracked CF main shafts. Aluminum anti-rotation collars and rotor heads have smaller/tighter clearances for the links and this causes more stability and less wear of the links. Finally, aluminum rotor heads do not crack and help with TBE also. These aluminum parts are also more durable than plastic.

Bling parts are blade grips, tail boom struts, tail motor holders.
+1. That is exactly what I have decided, just like you said. Tonight I was flying with just this combination + my stupid Xtreme canopy --and having the time of my life! It was the best flying I've had ever! I need to crash and rebuild more often because you tend to straighten out all the problems you were putting up with for weeks.
Saxguy1000 is offline Find More Posts by Saxguy1000
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 08, 2011, 08:52 PM
United States, FL, West Melbourne
Joined May 2011
1,500 Posts
OK, two questions. First shows I bought mine used ($80 with a Sukhoi xp) and i love it.

What is the correct way to mount the rear rotor and bearing. I just lost a new rear motor and I wonder if I had them reversed.

How good is the Xtreme ball bearing motor?

Rick
Rickflaguy is offline Find More Posts by Rickflaguy
Old Nov 08, 2011, 08:55 PM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,618 Posts
The Xtreme motor is great. I really enjoy the extra power, about 10-20% more. I asked the same question about the rear rotor and bearing about 8 months ago. The exposed part of the bearing faces rotor. The rotor has a raised "X" in the middle and it faces the bearing.
Old Nov 08, 2011, 08:59 PM
Joined May 2011
1,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxguy1000 View Post
The Xtreme motor is great. I really enjoy the extra power, about 10-20% more. I asked the same question about the rear rotor and bearing about 8 months ago. The exposed part of the bearing faces rotor. The rotor has a raised "X" in the middle and it faces the bearing.
Does the motor give longer flight times?
Old Nov 08, 2011, 09:02 PM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,618 Posts
No, you use the same mah for the most part. Theoretically, it should give you more time because you need less mah, but I like to put it in FFF a lot, and I haven't seen an improvement on time. It just handles a lot sweeter being much easier to pull out of troubles, dives and such.
Old Nov 08, 2011, 09:13 PM
Joined May 2011
1,500 Posts
Quote:
No, you use the same mah for the most part. Theoretically, it should give you more time because you need less mah, but I like to put it in FFF a lot, and I haven't seen an improvement on time. It just handles a lot sweeter being much easier to pull out of troubles, dives and such.
Just lost my lead to the motor. Time for soldering. Next paycheck. Do you like any of the other parts aside from bling?
Old Nov 08, 2011, 09:20 PM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,618 Posts
I just soldered my motor after my big crash. Works like new. Yeah, see my "+1" response to Firemouth above for what I have.
Old Nov 08, 2011, 09:35 PM
Joined May 2011
1,500 Posts
Quote:
I just soldered my motor after my big crash. Works like new. Yeah, see my "+1" response to Firemouth above for what I have.
Favorite suppliers?

Batteries?
Old Nov 08, 2011, 10:22 PM
Joined Mar 2011
196 Posts
Thinkin of this or the mSR x. Can this guy handle wind well?
Dittsboylogan is offline Find More Posts by Dittsboylogan
Old Nov 09, 2011, 05:12 AM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickflaguy View Post
Favorite suppliers?

Batteries?
I buy from the lowest bidder! Right now, eBay has several very dependable vendors in America and I have not ever had a problem with the vendors in China--it just takes longer to receive stuff from there. ValueRC in New York has the CNC parts, but HopMeUp in North Carolina is my favorite for the OEM parts. I personally have found the 550mah batteries from all of the makers to be good.
Old Nov 09, 2011, 05:13 AM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dittsboylogan View Post
Thinkin of this or the mSR x. Can this guy handle wind well?
A mild breeze, but not a wind.
Old Nov 09, 2011, 04:07 PM
MJF
Waiting Fer Da SEFF
United States, GA, Perry
Joined Jul 2010
1,318 Posts
Still doing rather well with the Blade SR 120. Only had a few little crashes at first. Broke canopy...understandable .....maybe one day soon I will grow some nuts nuts and try the SR.....so far have only hovered the SR a few times about 5 inches off the ground....

and then got the 120 and the utter one is sitting up on shelf.....

still pretty sure its gonna crash when I give it another go.....

just gotta get more bats this weekend for the 120
MJF is offline Find More Posts by MJF
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: got another plane
Old Nov 09, 2011, 04:15 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJF View Post
Still doing rather well with the Blade SR 120. Only had a few little crashes at first. Broke canopy...understandable .....maybe one day soon I will grow some nuts nuts and try the SR.....so far have only hovered the SR a few times about 5 inches off the ground....

and then got the 120 and the utter one is sitting up on shelf.....

still pretty sure its gonna crash when I give it another go.....

just gotta get more bats this weekend for the 120
my dad went from the mcx to the blade 450 and he puts the 450's blade into the irt twice and cement once then he got the 120 sr and put the 450 on the self lol.
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface
Old Nov 09, 2011, 04:54 PM
MJF
Waiting Fer Da SEFF
United States, GA, Perry
Joined Jul 2010
1,318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoned doggie View Post
my dad went from the mcx to the blade 450 and he puts the 450's blade into the irt twice and cement once then he got the 120 sr and put the 450 on the self lol.
smart man...lol
MJF is offline Find More Posts by MJF
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: got another plane
Old Nov 09, 2011, 05:11 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Aug 2011
614 Posts
Quote:
I buy from the lowest bidder! Right now, eBay has several very dependable vendors in America
I bought a few "Tenergy 1S 3.7V 500mAh LiPo Battery for Eflite Blade 120SR #30536" from all-battery on E-bay. Nothing shipped after a day. Might want to stay clear of them in your hunts,,, just saying.
Blackanthem is offline Find More Posts by Blackanthem