Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 01, 2011, 07:20 PM
Easy on the Sticks!
United States, WY, Crowheart
Joined Aug 2011
2,954 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
I have this little guy I bought at Harbor Freight for 5 bucks.
http://www.harborfreight.com/7-funct...ter-90899.html
A little warning here Guys. Watch those test leads while performing a test on your batts (especially UM batts). If these test leads accidently touch each other while the leads are on the batt...your batt will smoke then puff. Ask me how I know

Mike.
True story Mike, I accidently touched the pos to the neg when hooking up my 450 batt(3s 2200) to the Thunder AC6 charger, and smoke appeared right now. Kinda spooked me. Lucky it was just for an instant.
Kyle
BattleDude is offline Find More Posts by BattleDude
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 02, 2011, 08:33 AM
Stand up and fly!
Germany
Joined Feb 2011
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxguy1000 View Post
There is now a new flybarless version of the mSR: http://bladehelis.com

Could there be a flybarless 120 SR on it's way after the 1st of the year? One could only hope!!!
Quite certain, they have business competition, they have the electronic parts, they have the experience and they have a lot of customers who want immeditately this flybarless 120SR X !!
photoart is offline Find More Posts by photoart
Old Nov 02, 2011, 11:08 AM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by photoart View Post
Quite certain, they have business competition, they have the electronic parts, they have the experience and they have a lot of customers who want immeditately this flybarless 120SR X !!
yea thats what i would want a flybarless
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface
Old Nov 02, 2011, 09:16 PM
Joined Aug 2011
230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoned doggie View Post
yea thats what i would want a flybarless
Although I know what a flybar does, I would really appreciate a couple words from more experienced flyers (that's pretty much anyone to me) on how a flybarless 120SR would perform. If I landed mine and took off on one without a flybar, what would I notice?

Better? Harder to control? Cooler?

Thanks in advance for shared wisdom!
teflon97239 is offline Find More Posts by teflon97239
Old Nov 02, 2011, 09:21 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teflon97239 View Post
Although I know what a flybar does, I would really appreciate a couple words from more experienced flyers (that's pretty much anyone to me) on how a flybarless 120SR would perform. If I landed mine and took off on one without a flybar, what would I notice?

Better? Harder to control? Cooler?

Thanks in advance for shared wisdom!
well the msr also has gyro's to so basicaly that would be the flybar kind off. ( it does the same kind of job i think but im sure it still handles different)
Old Nov 02, 2011, 11:03 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,137 Posts
If you took the flybar off and tried to fly it, it wouldn't. The flybar is for stability. The gyro keeps the heli pointing true and straight. On a flybarless system the flybar is replaced by a few chips making it a virtual flybar. Gone will be TBE, Pendulum effect and more precise control, like the new msr-x will be.
Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old Nov 02, 2011, 11:09 PM
United States, AK, Cordova
Joined Oct 2011
153 Posts
I had the same question teflon so I took mine off and tried to fly around. The result was heavy laughter and about 30 minutes of wasted time
Didgeridood is offline Find More Posts by Didgeridood
Old Nov 03, 2011, 01:52 AM
Stand up and fly!
Germany
Joined Feb 2011
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Didgeridood View Post
I had the same question teflon so I took mine off and tried to fly around. The result was heavy laughter and about 30 minutes of wasted time
You canīt do that on a 120SR because the heli has only a 2-axis control system, the 3rd axis is stabilized by the flybar. A new 120SR X need the new AS3X 3-axis digital flybarless system (from MSR X, MCP X) for stabilisation.
As Jake8131 wrote without a flybar the toilet boil effect is all water under the bridge, no more pendulum effect, much better wind performance, precise control, a better look and very important no longer "dive of death" under high speed flight. All downside from the 120SR are gone with the flybar....Iīm waiting.....e-flite....Come On !
photoart is offline Find More Posts by photoart
Old Nov 03, 2011, 03:18 AM
United States, CT, Berlin
Joined Jun 2011
238 Posts
The 120sr without flybar, but with the proper electronics woud be a far superior heli. Not only is tbe gone, but it would fly so smooth. It would continue a given direction without the tendency to pitch up or slow dow even under command to go foward. It would also fly far better in wind, though it would still "ballon up" with throttle, it would not get buffeted around so much and would be far easier to keep directed in wind. It also would probably fly longer given the same size battery due to less mass and weight in the head. It would be even more durable, given the simpler head set up. Also the ability to turn in both directions during high speeds wthout any unwanted added effects would be possible. Also it would be faster in all manuvers and far more acrobatic. it would fly much more like the mcpx but without the ability to rise up as quick, but more like a cp than its current version with fly bar. It would be more stabile, but not necessarily easier to fly. If you get into trouble and take the fingers off the collective as you can do now, it will probably end in a crash. 45 degree flybar head helis fly more like a coax than a regular fp or cp heli. unfortunately people get good with the 120 sr or msr and think they have mastered fp helis, try a honey bee fp2 or a ufly, you will feel as if you are flying for the first time! This heli in a flybarless would truely be a great starter heli that would train people for cp helis later
helimaniac8 is offline Find More Posts by helimaniac8
Old Nov 03, 2011, 03:58 AM
Phoenix,Arizona, United States
Joined Jun 2002
4,634 Posts
Some of the main benefits of FBL besides how they fly is the lighter weight, less drag, more power, longer flights, less parts count, less parts to wear out.... FBL is the future.

I'd bet it cost Blade much less to engineer the MCPx main board than it cost them just for the flybar moulds on the 120SR.....

Dylan
Dylwad is offline Find More Posts by Dylwad
Old Nov 03, 2011, 05:50 AM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by photoart View Post
You canīt do that on a 120SR because the heli has only a 2-axis control system, the 3rd axis is stabilized by the flybar. A new 120SR X need the new AS3X 3-axis digital flybarless system (from MSR X, MCP X) for stabilisation.
As Jake8131 wrote without a flybar the toilet boil effect is all water under the bridge, no more pendulum effect, much better wind performance, precise control, a better look and very important no longer "dive of death" under high speed flight. All downside from the 120SR are gone with the flybar....Iīm waiting.....e-flite....Come On !
Thats exactly what i was trying to say i knew the 120 sr now wouldent fly with out a flybar but the msr does because they put gyro's in it to take over the job that the flybar had.
Old Nov 03, 2011, 10:54 AM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,807 Posts
Helimaniac8, you sound like you are a Horizon Hobby promoter preparing us for the announcement due out very soon!!!

HH - We're ready to buy! C'mon, what you waiting' for?
Saxguy1000 is offline Find More Posts by Saxguy1000
Old Nov 03, 2011, 11:09 AM
Look ma, no hands!
United States, WI, Sheboygan
Joined Aug 2011
1,252 Posts
120 SR flybarless rollout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxguy1000 View Post
Helimaniac8, you sound like you are a Horizon Hobby promoter preparing us for the announcement due out very soon!!!

HH - We're ready to buy! C'mon, what you waiting' for?
Christmas, maybe?
1Pilgrim is offline Find More Posts by 1Pilgrim
Old Nov 03, 2011, 11:18 AM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Pilgrim View Post
Christmas, maybe?
This coming spring i bet they would have released it in november if it was for christmas
Old Nov 03, 2011, 12:54 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
10,945 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoned doggie View Post
This coming spring i bet they would have released it in november if it was for christmas
Black Friday

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012