Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 19, 2011, 05:46 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Aug 2011
630 Posts
Exactly the same settings I have. Nope, did not get a box as I imagine it came in the same box as the RTF CP pro 2. Remember,.. I could use switch #4 up. I had to throw switch #7 up, engage the throttle and then throw #7 down. It's a Chinese puzzle lol!
Blackanthem is offline Find More Posts by Blackanthem
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 19, 2011, 06:33 PM
Joined Aug 2011
630 Posts
Thought I would share something. I have a MCX2, and the batteries come with a little rubber cap. I "stuck" slid 4 of them on the 120 skids. No slip skids.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 07:20 PM
Easy on the Sticks!
United States, WY, Crowheart
Joined Aug 2011
2,951 Posts
Hi Guys,
I had the same trouble with the HP6DSM, not being able to find much info for it. The brand new ones dont even come with any documentation in the box. Thats bizarre, I thought.

But I read thru this Blade SR manual and there is some helpful stuff. One has to keep in mind that the TX that comes with the SR is supposed to be SR specific and not to be used on any other aircraft(so they say, anyway). I actually called HH and they said dont try to use the HP6DSM with the 120SR. But they made no mention of the two different TX's.

Anyway there is some dip switch info in the SR manual, surely dip switch settings would not change between the two different TX's would they?

The posts I read say the SR TX is a "dumbed down" version of the standard HP6DSM.

Does a person have to re-bind after changing dip switches or not?

This is good reading anyway:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/ProdInfo...onalManual.pdf

Kyle
BattleDude is online now Find More Posts by BattleDude
Old Sep 19, 2011, 07:35 PM
Joined Aug 2011
630 Posts
I really cant answer anything other than, No I did not have to re bind when changing the dip switches. So far I like the radio, the 120 appears to respond a lot better.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 08:49 AM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
United States, IA, Grinnell
Joined Aug 2007
4,011 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackanthem View Post
I really cant answer anything other than, No I did not have to re bind when changing the dip switches. So far I like the radio, the 120 appears to respond a lot better.
You may not "have" to rebind, but you probably should.
According the HH service.
Ron
A Rdnek is online now Find More Posts by A Rdnek
Old Sep 20, 2011, 09:15 AM
Joined Aug 2011
630 Posts
After I found the correct settings, I did do a re bind.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 10:12 AM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
10,940 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Rdnek View Post
You may not "have" to rebind, but you probably should.
According the HH service.
Ron
Quote:
After I found the correct settings, I did do a re bind.
I am desperately tying to wrap my brain around why my TX; the exact same model I have as BlackAnthem has different settings; [this] just for starters. Now I'm confused about this binding thing. BalckAnthem, exactly what do you have to do before flying? The reason I ask is because I find the posts that I quoted a tad confusing. Futhermore, I don't understand why HH can't give an explanation as to "WHY" these TX's have different setting BUT, are the same model. I'm beginning to think both HH and Efight has their head where the sun don't shine. This makes absolutely no sense

Mike.
Chap1012 is online now Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Sep 20, 2011, 10:41 AM
Joined Aug 2011
630 Posts
Well,.... I plugged in the 120, waited for the flashing red LED, pulled the trainer switch on the TX towards me, held the trainer switch while turning on the TX. Waited for the red LED on the 120 to turn solid. A word of caution!!! If you do not have throttle control at this point. DO NOT flick the throttle hold switch back and forth. Woooshhhhhhhhh!!!! Away the 120 will go. Just saying.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 06:31 AM
Joined Aug 2011
630 Posts
Time to re build

The 120 has the shakes. My research leads me to believe that I have a cracked main shaft. So, while I am going to replace that with a Microheli Aluminum Main Shaft. Any other recommendations on upgrades? Microheli CNC Swashplate?? I figure while I have it torn down, might as well do it right.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 05:17 PM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,807 Posts
Quote:
The 120 has the shakes. My research leads me to believe that I have a cracked main shaft. So, while I am going to replace that with a Microheli Aluminum Main Shaft. Any other recommendations on upgrades? Microheli CNC Swashplate?? I figure while I have it torn down, might as well do it right.
I am liking my MH swashplate and the anti-rotation collar. I also am really enjoying the new Xtreme Ball Bearing Upgraded Main Motor. I am looking now for an alternative to the tail motor, but haven't decided what to try. I have the MH main shaft and it works fine, too.
Saxguy1000 is offline Find More Posts by Saxguy1000
Old Sep 21, 2011, 06:52 PM
Joined Aug 2011
630 Posts
Nice. I have been looking at the Xtreme Motor, you see an improvement with it?
Old Sep 21, 2011, 07:26 PM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,807 Posts
Yes, I was saying earlier in the thread that I have a bit more power over the stock. The only thing is that the tail motor is barely keeping up at times and I don't know if it's just wearing down, or if it's because I need a stronger one. Either way, the motor is nice. It's sound is smoother and gives you the impression it's not running as hard.
Saxguy1000 is offline Find More Posts by Saxguy1000
Old Sep 21, 2011, 07:46 PM
Joined Aug 2011
630 Posts
The tail motor not keeping up... does not / would not surprise me. I think I am going to pick one up, and check it out. Very cool.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 03:58 PM
Is it Friday yet?
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Jun 2008
690 Posts
Just back from the LHS and brought home a 120 SR. It's little windy so it looks like i'll have to wait to try it out.
DropTank is offline Find More Posts by DropTank
Old Sep 22, 2011, 04:20 PM
Electrif(r)ied nitroman
BelgiŽ, Vlaams Gewest, Putte
Joined Jun 2004
1,002 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
Danny, it looks like that manual is for the SR. If you look at the pic in the manual it's stamped right on the TX "HP6DSM SR." I have heard that these TX's are set up different from the other HP6DSM TX's. No? This whole thing is ready to make my head explode I can't even imagine what it's like setting up a DX6i

Mike.
Mike,

Sorry for the late reply,

Then You must have the pure "HP6DSM" wich came with the Blade CP Pro2:
HP6DSM manual,
Binding procedure is on page 59(You don't need the bind plug for the SR120) of this manual:
http://www.heliproz.com/images/BladeCPPro2Manual.pdf

On front of the CP Pro HPSDSM transmitter, at lower right , it says just "HP6DSM" without the addition of the "SR" indication.

regards,
Danny.
danny.act is offline Find More Posts by danny.act
Last edited by danny.act; Sep 22, 2011 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Binding procedure info