HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 15, 2011, 02:14 PM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,806 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
No pics in your blog???? I've been trying to fly my 120 SR in my back yard. My yard is not the biggest. I think I have to get her in open grounds. I had to switch back to the little boy links and low rate I'm having fun (a little unnerving at times) but, I feel I'm just uncomfortable with her. Most of my landings are a throttle chop

Mike.
Pix coming soon to a blog near you.
Saxguy1000 is online now Find More Posts by Saxguy1000
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 15, 2011, 02:20 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
10,895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxguy1000 View Post
Pix coming soon to a blog near you.
Cool. We are all waiting

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Aug 18, 2011, 08:17 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Apr 2010
114 Posts
Help with 'clicking' servo

Good morning, all.
I have finally got around to the first flight of my 120SR (I also have an mSR and an mCX), and have what appears to be a servo problem.
The large cog on the left servo clicks at the same place on every revolution, and the little cog on the servo motor appears not to have enough power to get around the problem.
I can turn it by hand and feel the click, and watch it catch when using the transmitter.
Obviously, it's pretty hard to change pitch (let alone trim the bird) with a jammed servo
It was my Xmas present from me to me, and I treated myself to a delayed Xmas present by opening it in August(!), but it's not a happy present...
Any solutions appreciated; arthritis and failing eyesight don't help!
Chris
ChrisLevo is offline Find More Posts by ChrisLevo
Old Aug 18, 2011, 09:48 PM
Heli's rule!
Midvale, Utah, USA
Joined Mar 2005
8,580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLevo View Post
Good morning, all.
I have finally got around to the first flight of my 120SR (I also have an mSR and an mCX), and have what appears to be a servo problem.
The large cog on the left servo clicks at the same place on every revolution, and the little cog on the servo motor appears not to have enough power to get around the problem.
I can turn it by hand and feel the click, and watch it catch when using the transmitter.
Obviously, it's pretty hard to change pitch (let alone trim the bird) with a jammed servo
It was my Xmas present from me to me, and I treated myself to a delayed Xmas present by opening it in August(!), but it's not a happy present...
Any solutions appreciated; arthritis and failing eyesight don't help!
Chris
Get a magnifying glass and an exacto knife, pull off the gear (it will just slide off) and use the knife to clean up the gear.....
dacaur is offline Find More Posts by dacaur
Old Aug 18, 2011, 11:12 PM
Joined Jan 2011
181 Posts
The servo is reasonably priced and not too hard to fix if the gear cleanup doesn't work.

You could also call HH. and tell them this was the first flight. They'll probably send you a new servo. If you get lucky, they'll give you a new 5 in 1
donmei is offline Find More Posts by donmei
Old Aug 19, 2011, 01:28 AM
Fly Runaway Fans
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2009
9,373 Posts
It doesn't take much more than a flake of dandruff to glom that gear.
arbilab is offline Find More Posts by arbilab
Old Aug 19, 2011, 01:39 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Apr 2010
114 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions.

The gear is fine, so I suspect something jamming inside the servo

Email sent to HH, but their Customer Service would be stratospheric if they shipped a replacement to Australia!

Local spare prices here are horrendous....

Chris
Old Aug 19, 2011, 02:27 AM
Fly Runaway Fans
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2009
9,373 Posts
Horizon support is superb in north America but varies by continent.
arbilab is offline Find More Posts by arbilab
Old Aug 19, 2011, 05:38 AM
Joined Jan 2011
181 Posts
I'd still take the big gear off. It slides right off. And see if the motor/small gear turn smoothly. If it spins freely, there is something wrong with the gear interaction that you missed.

by the way, get some reading glasses, even if you don't need them to read. It helps to work on this small stuff.

The part number for the servo is BLH1066B. Its about $9 in the US, although one place lists it for $7
Old Aug 19, 2011, 12:34 PM
Almost expert level crasher
Canada, ON, Perth
Joined Apr 2011
170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLevo View Post
Thanks for the suggestions.

The gear is fine, so I suspect something jamming inside the servo

Email sent to HH, but their Customer Service would be stratospheric if they shipped a replacement to Australia!

Local spare prices here are horrendous....

Chris
Swap gears side to side and see if the problem follows
Mikey1 is offline Find More Posts by Mikey1
Old Aug 19, 2011, 01:35 PM
Joined Jan 2011
181 Posts
Great idea
Old Aug 20, 2011, 01:02 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Apr 2010
114 Posts
Excellent advice from all, thanks.

Will try swapping gears when I get to work on Monday - I have been flying my mSR in the warehouse at work, so took the SR there.
BTW, I use a big illuminated magnifying glass to work on the mSR, so also have it for the SR.

Thanks again - Chris
Old Aug 20, 2011, 01:04 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,131 Posts
I should have mine back in the air soon.
New control unit on route; I flew my buddies today whom I am help learning to fly and I realized how much I missed it
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Aug 20, 2011, 08:26 AM
Joined Jan 2011
181 Posts
Chris,

Go easy with teh 120 in the warehouse. It WILL break parts if it crashes onto a concrete flooor. Its not quite as durable as the MSR. I crashed once in my barn and did more damage than I had done in 20 crashes into my grass.
Old Aug 20, 2011, 09:17 AM
United States, FL, Bradenton
Joined Jul 2008
56 Posts
Eflite Blade 120SR "Wobble"

Hi Guys,

Yes I already searched this thread as well as other threads on this forum regarding 120SR wobble (the last thread specific to this topic was in 2010). But I am stumped. After a pretty hard crash I replaced the flybar, ball link connectors and even installed Xtreme blade holders and rear motor mount. But the heli simply wants to fly in large circle and requires constant cyclic input for FF. It almost looks like the internal circuit board may be damaged. What do you guys think?
carthagenj is offline Find More Posts by carthagenj