HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 05, 2010, 07:42 PM
Charlotte Douglas, NC
Joined Sep 2003
3,011 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
is it fairy quick or slower?
I have had a couple things shipped via EMS and considering it was coming from overseas, took about a week. give or take a day or two in customs. That was with standard shipping so it seems about normal. Tracking can be an issue however, In my cases, tracking was rather slow in updating.
DoomsDay is offline Find More Posts by DoomsDay
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 05, 2010, 08:43 PM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
United States, IA, Grinnell
Joined Aug 2007
4,003 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technica View Post
Let's see....

Buy the 120SR for $180, or the Quark for $210.

The Quark is a far, far superior helicopter. I'll buy the 120SR only because I already have a Quark, but anyone that does not have a Quark should be look at that first. Trust me on this. I was not a believer until I flew one, and now it's my favorite FP heli.
Where do you get a Quark for $210?
Thanks
Ron
A Rdnek is offline Find More Posts by A Rdnek
Old Jul 06, 2010, 10:44 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technica View Post
Let's see....

Buy the 120SR for $180, or the Quark for $210.

The Quark is a far, far superior helicopter. I'll buy the 120SR only because I already have a Quark, but anyone that does not have a Quark should be look at that first. Trust me on this. I was not a believer until I flew one, and now it's my favorite FP heli.
That's what I've been thinking as well. The MSR doesn't come close to the handling of a Quark. It's hard to imagine a larger version being much better, without seriously redesigning the head. I can't see why anyone would choose this over a Quark.

Heliproz had the Quark for around $210 - $219. But, it's gone from their website, now. Many of us got our Quarks here: http://shop.yrbuy.com/product.sc?cat...2&productId=2; he ships real fast and does great follow-up.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Last edited by Balr14; Jul 06, 2010 at 10:54 AM.
Old Jul 06, 2010, 10:56 AM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
I can't see why anyone would choose this over a Quark
Local support, parts, DSM compatible, brand loyalty, to try something new, it looks cool, 72MHz sucks... etc, etc...
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Jul 06, 2010, 11:05 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,026 Posts
True

The Quark is great as I am told. But I also hear it can't handle much wind wereas the new Blade might have an edge.

[/B]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
Local support, parts, DSM compatible, brand loyalty, to try something new, it looks cool, 72MHz sucks... etc, etc...
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Jul 06, 2010, 11:15 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
True

The Quark is great as I am told. But I also hear it can't handle much wind wereas the new Blade might have an edge.

[/B]
As I recall, the original claims for the MSR were claims of handling up to 10 mph winds. The reality is closer to 0 mph. The SR120 will be no different. It's light weight, low headspeed, low torque and FP. The laws of physics don't pay much attention to outlandish claims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
As far as support goes, most LHS do not supply any, they tell you to talk to Horizon. There's no way Horizon support comes close to what MRC provides. Quarks are designed so most parts should not be damaged in a crash. If you break any of these parts, they replace it. But, you are right. That is the perception of most.
Old Jul 06, 2010, 11:54 AM
Up Up and Away!
Joined May 2008
1,922 Posts
Quote:
As I recall, the original claims for the MSR were claims of handling up to 10 mph winds. The reality is closer to 0 mph. The SR120 will be no different. It's light weight, low headspeed, low torque and FP. The laws of physics don't pay much attention to outlandish claims.

As far as support goes, most LHS do not supply any, they tell you to talk to Horizon. There's no way Horizon support comes close to what MRC provides. Quarks are designed so most parts should not be damaged in a crash. If you break any of these parts, they replace it. But, you are right. That is the perception of most.
my blade msr can handle winds up to 10 mph.... it just cuts through the wind
lightspeeddud is offline Find More Posts by lightspeeddud
Old Jul 06, 2010, 12:04 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightspeeddud View Post
Well, me and everyone else must be doing something wrong, then. A 5 mph sidewind hits it and I have to fish it out of a bush or tree.
Old Jul 06, 2010, 01:08 PM
Charlotte Douglas, NC
Joined Sep 2003
3,011 Posts
Quote:

I have to say that I dont remember any claims of the msr handling winds up to 10mph. I pretty much watched every vid that HH put out and don't remember them saying anything more than flying it on calm days. Even what little stuff has been mentioned about the 120 doesn't say your going to be flying in 20mph winds. I think its going to handle low winds better than the msr just due to its weight, but thats just my opinion.
DoomsDay is offline Find More Posts by DoomsDay
Old Jul 06, 2010, 01:58 PM
Up Up and Away!
Joined May 2008
1,922 Posts
Quote:
Well, me and everyone else must be doing something wrong, then. A 5 mph sidewind hits it and I have to fish it out of a bush or tree.
dunno

all I know my msr can handle more wind than any of my micros
lightspeeddud is offline Find More Posts by lightspeeddud
Old Jul 06, 2010, 02:01 PM
Blade mSR freak
Irish Hills - SE Michigan
Joined Jan 2010
2,054 Posts
Once again,the mSR can be easily modded to hold its own in 12 mph winds or better once you learn how to fly it to the fullest.
I'm sure the new 120 heli will also have some potential for improvement once everyone gets a taste of the stock setup...
hydro_pyro is offline Find More Posts by hydro_pyro
Old Jul 06, 2010, 03:51 PM
DT (Dart Tin) 550E, mCPX BL
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Jun 2009
500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydro_pyro View Post
Once again,the mSR can be easily modded to hold its own in 12 mph winds or better once you learn how to fly it to the fullest.
I'm sure the new 120 heli will also have some potential for improvement once everyone gets a taste of the stock setup...
True... very true. All I can say is that to me (who's started out with the Blade CX2 and mCX S300 and onto the mSR), the new 120 looks like it is a plastic version of the Walkera 4#6 which I have. Different styling, but there is no doubt in my mind that they were trying to get in the action and are trying to compete with Walkera. I love my 4#6, but keep in mind of the availablity issues of shipping vs. the direct lhs way. You can call your lhs to make sure they have the parts you need and get them that day... can't do that with online stores unless they are close enough for overnight delivery (are based within one's own country) and pay way more for the shipping. The 4#6 btw is a torque tube tail heli and not the less accurate direct drive ETRM. I say you get the 120 if you're a fairly accomplished beginner, and then get the 4#6 to really get some accuracy in the air. If you're above said level, get the 4#6 for FP or a 4G6 for CP and more durability then if you were to get a bigger micro or mini heli.
helinewbie617 is offline Find More Posts by helinewbie617
Old Jul 06, 2010, 04:01 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,026 Posts
My MSR can handle winds, not any more than 10 kms per hour but still not bad

Quote:

Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Jul 06, 2010, 11:38 PM
Tail-in hover expert ;)
United States, LA, Shreveport
Joined Aug 2006
936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightspeeddud View Post
I would probably believe that if I don't have an MSR. Oh, and I use this thingy to know when the MSR is flyable or not:
mediclavina is offline Find More Posts by mediclavina
Old Jul 06, 2010, 11:55 PM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,082 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediclavina View Post
I would probably believe that if I don't have an MSR. Oh, and I use this thingy to know when the MSR is flyable or not:
I usually look outside and see if the tops of the trees are swaying before i go out flying. If there still then im good to go.

I found a cheap wind meter on ebay though. I might get one soon

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Digital-Wind-...item335c7371f3
stalyoni is offline Find More Posts by stalyoni