I will be getting extra batts

But what else is essential for spares
Razors edge 29 is offline Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 15, 2010, 11:16 AM
Thorndale
Joined Mar 2009
71 Posts
The carbon fiber canopy support rods would probably be a good thing to have.
fishysteve is offline Find More Posts by fishysteve
Old Oct 15, 2010, 11:31 AM
VAPORIZED
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined May 2010
1,276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
I am getting mine tomorrow I think

Spare tail assembly with motor mount, spare tail motor spare flybar since the rtf bnf dont come with it.Ive heard people breaking the battery holder,so you might need one of them.some tail rotors but the are pretty strong but then again i havent crashed much.
pappy1 is offline Find More Posts by pappy1
Old Oct 15, 2010, 11:32 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,252 Posts
Quote:

I think a spare tail rotor and motor might be wise, and blade grips. And perhaps a pair of skids. So standard parts for most FPs...

And perhaps if your luck hasn't changed, a new receiver brick as well...
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Oct 15, 2010, 11:34 AM
Off we go.............
Seattle, WA. USA
Joined Jan 2006
3,325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishysteve View Post
The carbon fiber canopy support rods would probably be a good thing to have.
Yes in fact those, and the battery mount are the only two things I've broken so far. Yup im proud of myself, and the 120SR.

But do be careful removing and replacing the rods(actually they are tubes, and is why they are so fragile.)
They are in there quite tight and require tapping on one end till flush, and then verrrry carefully twsiting and pulling to get it out.
SabreHawk is offline Find More Posts by SabreHawk
Old Oct 15, 2010, 01:19 PM
Joined Oct 2010
25 Posts
I've seen a bunch of mods for dual batteries, rigging up cells from SR batteries, etc...

Does anyone have a source in north america for JST-RCY male and female connectors and the pins needed?

I checked with a few electronics shops and they seem to only be able to order bags of 1000. I found a few places in the Netherlands selling connectors and cables but they don't seem to ship outside of europe.

I'm looking to make a couple of Y-adapters and parallel charging cables so I'm looking for a source for the connectors without having to put new ends on all my batteries and heli.

Anyone have any info?
Unsta is offline Find More Posts by Unsta
Old Oct 15, 2010, 01:20 PM
Can't get enough
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,341 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreHawk View Post
Yes in fact those, and the battery mount are the only two things I've broken so far. Yup im proud of myself, and the 120SR.

But do be careful removing and replacing the rods(actually they are tubes, and is why they are so fragile.)
They are in there quite tight and require tapping on one end till flush, and then verrrry carefully twsiting and pulling to get it out.
I agree the battery mount broke just from putting and taking out batteries. Also I tried to take one of the mounts off and it split. Other than that I chipped a blade, and my tail motor went bad.
jabsten is offline Find More Posts by jabsten
Old Oct 15, 2010, 01:42 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,151 Posts
Lol

Smart ass

[/B]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPro View Post
I think a spare tail rotor and motor might be wise, and blade grips. And perhaps a pair of skids. So standard parts for most FPs...

And perhaps if your luck hasn't changed, a new receiver brick as well...
Old Oct 15, 2010, 01:54 PM
Go Fly Yourself...!!
United States, WA, Bonney Lake
Joined Oct 2004
1,562 Posts
Picked mine up last night...

Yep the Heli Devil won... Picked mine up last night from a LHS.
Also bought 2 extra batteries.

Was lucky enough to have two Thunder AC6 chargers that (as I found out) will charge a 1 cell no problem. Takes about 30min at a 2c charge on the stock batteries. And I'm getting 8-9 min of in the house hovering type flight. That means I can fly non stop!!

Have got 8 batteries through her now.... everything y'all are saying about the120 over the MSR is true. Ohh and I mixed in some thottle curve on my DX7 I read about on another forum: 0-0, 25-25 50-40 75-55 100-80. Makes for easer in the house flying.

Hope to take her outside this afternooon and see what kind of trouble I can get in.

D-Man
xxD-Manxx is offline Find More Posts by xxD-Manxx
Old Oct 15, 2010, 01:57 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,151 Posts
Ok thanks guys

I want to keep it minimum if I cAn lol
Old Oct 15, 2010, 02:19 PM
Joined Oct 2010
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy1 View Post
Ahh flew the 120 last night with super glued tail motor mount,put four batts through,i must say i enjoyed it so much,she flew perfectly wind was almost next to nothing,thought something was wrong with the heli at the start,but it was my thumbs doing the wrong thing,because i have been flying the champ so much lately my fingers were getting lazy,so much more effort to control the 120,but once you get back in the rythm of things it great.
I've super-glued my tail motor mount about 4 times now. Most recent one snapped one of the thin wires from the motor off the connector, so I snapped the other one off to and soldered the wires to the connector for now and siliconed the the area ( didn't have any shrink wrap ). That'll do till I get a new tail assembly.

Repairing is half the fun - I suggest everyone keep a tube of Krazy Glue Advanced formula in their kit.
Unsta is offline Find More Posts by Unsta
Old Oct 15, 2010, 02:21 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,151 Posts
Which mods are absolutely necessary ?
Old Oct 15, 2010, 03:29 PM
Off we go.............
Seattle, WA. USA
Joined Jan 2006
3,325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFloth View Post
Yep the Heli Devil won... Picked mine up last night from a LHS.
Also bought 2 extra batteries.

Was lucky enough to have two Thunder AC6 chargers that (as I found out) will charge a 1 cell no problem. Takes about 30min at a 2c charge on the stock batteries. And I'm getting 8-9 min of in the house hovering type flight. That means I can fly non stop!!

Have got 8 batteries through her now.... everything y'all are saying about the120 over the MSR is true. Ohh and I mixed in some thottle curve on my DX7 I read about on another forum: 0-0, 25-25 50-40 75-55 100-80. Makes for easer in the house flying.

Hope to take her outside this afternooon and see what kind of trouble I can get in.

D-Man
Hah! And another soul for the collection........ Glad ya did bro, and just wait till ya get it oudoors, thats where it really wants to be. I found me nice newly redone park down the road from me here in Shoreline and is soooo perfect for it. A nice sized softball field with a nice big grass outfield with a 5ft high burm at the outer edge of it that I fly it from.
I'll be out at Marymoor this weekend, so may see ya there if your in the area.
SabreHawk is offline Find More Posts by SabreHawk
Old Oct 15, 2010, 03:49 PM
I'll try to fly anything.....
nr Leeds UK
Joined Aug 2010
17 Posts
Quote:

rotor blades a canopy and a flybar are the only replacements I have needed to use.

Don't ask how many spares I have though
newtoblade120sr is offline Find More Posts by newtoblade120sr
Old Oct 15, 2010, 03:57 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,151 Posts
I hope she flies with more authority than MSR outside and no mega death dives!