SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 21, 2013, 10:37 AM
United States, FL, North Port
Joined Jun 2012
173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
Hi Bill, how are you today? I think I seen a post by you that you have 2 120SR's. Try the battery in the other. Sometimes it's not the battery going south but, other issues such as a motor. Good luck with your new MSR

Mike.
Hi Mike thanks for the post yes I believe you are correct about the motor going bad..have suspected that for a while and will have to order a replacent or two Happy flying
venicebill is offline Find More Posts by venicebill
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 21, 2013, 03:48 PM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,850 Posts
Guys, I'm sorta over my bling days now, but I saw this and thought I'd pass it on:

J Jetski Carbon Fiber Parts

I thought that these skids might be good on our SR 120s:

http://clubheli.com/images/products/2781.jpg

They say this:

Designed by Tattooface (RCGroups) and manufactured by JJetski, these skids not only look awesome, they perform great too. Assembly is required, and some canopy trimming is necessary. Designed for the 4#3B, CB100 and V100D01.
Available in Lowrider, Regular and Large Size

Lowriders are LOW!
Regular size is 7-8mm higher than Walkera landing gear and weigh 3.6 grams
Large size is 12-13mm higher than Walkera landing gear and weigh 3.8 grams

Kit includes;
  • Delrin landing gear
  • CF battery tray
  • Screws
  • (2) Battery holders
The tail fins look cool, too. Let me know if works. I may go back to bling in my post mid-life crisis sure to occur at some point in the near future!
Saxguy1000 is offline Find More Posts by Saxguy1000
Last edited by Saxguy1000; Feb 21, 2013 at 06:51 PM.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 06:23 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxguy1000 View Post
Guys, I'm sorta over my bling days now, but I saw this and thought I'd pass it on:

J Jetski Carbon Fiber Parts

I thought that these skids might be good on our SR 120s:

They say this:

Designed by Tattooface (RCGroups) and manufactured by JJetski, these skids not only look awesome, they perform great too. Assembly is required, and some canopy trimming is necessary. Designed for the 4#3B, CB100 and V100D01.
Available in Lowrider, Regular and Large Size

Lowriders are LOW!
Regular size is 7-8mm higher than Walkera landing gear and weigh 3.6 grams
Large size is 12-13mm higher than Walkera landing gear and weigh 3.8 grams

Kit includes;
  • Delrin landing gear
  • CF battery tray
  • Screws
  • (2) Battery holders
The tail fins look cool, too. Let me know if works. I may go back to bling in my post mid-life crisis sure to occur at some point in the near future!
The helis those are designed for are the same size as the mSR - so for the SR120, they are surely TOO small!!
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E2's canopy thread
Old Feb 21, 2013, 06:52 PM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,850 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
The helis those are designed for are the same size as the mSR - so for the SR120, they are surely TOO small!!
OK, well that sucks. Looks great to me, but I don't know have the helis they are for.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 09:33 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,518 Posts
Quote:
OK, well that sucks. Looks great to me, but I don't know have the helis they are for.
You have "planks" on the mind
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Feb 22, 2013, 04:52 AM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,850 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
You have "planks" on the mind
That's got to be the worst sentence I've ever written while not drinking a beer!
Old Feb 22, 2013, 09:16 AM
United States, FL, North Port
Joined Jun 2012
173 Posts
Quote:
That's got to be the worst sentence I've ever written while not drinking a beer!
Agree
venicebill is offline Find More Posts by venicebill
Old Feb 22, 2013, 09:37 AM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,518 Posts
Quote:
So, what are you waiting for? It's noon time somewhere and you'er retired

You too Bill

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Feb 22, 2013, 09:46 AM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,850 Posts
Now that I have all the time I ever wanted, I haven't the budget for both beer AND heli parts!! Best to wait to drain all the batteries BEFORE draining the six-pack! . Saves on parts!!
Old Feb 22, 2013, 08:14 PM
Canada
Joined May 2009
1,252 Posts
Just ordered one of these today. Its my first RC purchase in over 2 years. I temporarily left the hobby, and I'm so excited for this!

I'm going to read through this thread the best i can, but 1000 pages is a little intimidating. Any quick tips on flying this thing? Any recommended mods? I have previous 4ch heli experience so not worried about the control.

Thanks!
Energy is offline Find More Posts by Energy
Old Feb 22, 2013, 08:34 PM
United States, CA, Clovis
Joined Mar 2004
3,250 Posts
I'm having a blast with my 120SR... and now my mSRx.. they hit the ball out of the park on these. Enjoy!
DGrant is offline Find More Posts by DGrant
Old Feb 22, 2013, 08:36 PM
Heli's rule!
Midvale, Utah, USA
Joined Mar 2005
9,019 Posts
This heli is really great out of the box, you wont be sorry you go it. For flying, when flying outside, if the wind catches it, it can be tough to get down, unless you know the secret, full forward cyclic and full throttle will bring it down QUICK.... Keep that in mind when trying FFF too.... it likes to dive into the ground unless you are ready for it. Other than that.... just have fun and fly over grass....
dacaur is offline Find More Posts by dacaur
Old Feb 22, 2013, 08:40 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,836 Posts
I got my 120SR for xmas this year and haven't been able to take it outdoors yet. I flew it in a gym and that was fun but I sooooo cannot wait for spring.
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 22, 2013, 09:02 PM
Canada
Joined May 2009
1,252 Posts
Sweet! Can't wait. theres 2 feet of snow here so probably have to fly it inside for a while. Have a pretty large open room in the house that should be fine.

Non of those CNC "hop up" parts are worth getting? Guessing they would just take away from the durability of everything else, but just checking. Will definitely order a spare pair of blade when I pick it up at the LHS.
Energy is offline Find More Posts by Energy
Last edited by Energy; Feb 23, 2013 at 09:58 PM.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 10:10 PM
United States, CA, Clovis
Joined Mar 2004
3,250 Posts
I was very surprised at the lift created just by flying into the wind.. and it almost has to be forced down. Its easy to get the thing 50' or higher.. and its also easy to lose perspective at altitude..... but cruising around at altitude is very enjoyable...

and as stated.. it does come down as fast, or faster then it goes up.. I cart-wheeled mine a few times a week or so ago... and it took it all in stride, with only a slight crack in the canopy.. no biggie at all though.. thats what I got for is to teach me.. I might replace the canopy if it gets worse.. but I know I've got some more crashing to do... that all takes place at the park though... I can hover/fly around my back yard all day doing spot/touch-n-go landings..... without having to go anywhere.. backyard crashes aren't near as spectacular as park crashes though, alot of you know what I mean..... ... great fun.. You'll love it.. its so freakin addicting!..
DGrant is offline Find More Posts by DGrant