SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 08, 2013, 09:20 AM
Joined Jan 2013
17 Posts
Is there any place where I can buy the 1s batteries for 120 SR with the mini deans connectors; I don't mind changing the connector on my heli but it is too much work to change the connector on the battery.
speedchase is offline Find More Posts by speedchase
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 08, 2013, 09:23 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedchase View Post
Is there any place where I can buy the 1s batteries for 120 SR with the mini deans connectors; I don't mind changing the connector on my heli but it is too much work to change the connector on the battery.
No offense, but if it is too much work, then I guess that means stick with JST

OR ... you could go and make yourself ONE adapter from JST to mini deans (umhh yeah, that might weigh an extra 0.77g (.) but it saves you A LOT of work
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E2's canopy thread
Old Feb 08, 2013, 09:35 AM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,850 Posts
There are a lot of adapters out there or find a mini deans deal on eBay and solder on. It's all easy. There are no 1s 500-600 batteries this size with mini-deans. The other option is to get a new set of skids that allow different size batteries. Then, you could find other 500-1300mah batteries to fly with mini-deans.
Saxguy1000 is offline Find More Posts by Saxguy1000
Old Feb 08, 2013, 09:55 AM
Joined Jan 2013
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxguy1000 View Post
There are a lot of adapters out there or find a mini deans deal on eBay and solder on. It's all easy. There are no 1s 500-600 batteries this size with mini-deans. The other option is to get a new set of skids that allow different size batteries. Then, you could find other 500-1300mah batteries to fly with mini-deans.
Seems like I have not searched hard enough but I did try researching instructions and video to convert JST to Mini-deans on RCG & other forums with no luck. Can you please refer me to any good source.
Old Feb 08, 2013, 10:03 AM
Joined Jan 2013
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
No offense, but if it is too much work, then I guess that means stick with JST

OR ... you could go and make yourself ONE adapter from JST to mini deans (umhh yeah, that might weigh an extra 0.77g (.) but it saves you A LOT of work
No offense at all; I am very new to this hobby recently since Dec (got hooked flying my 3yr old's Christmas gift - a toy grade 2-ch coax).

It is not about too much work but rather I am complete noob although I have read a lot recently and have some knowledge of the heli types, battery types, power supplies, etc.. I have a soldering gun but barely soldered anything with it...

I have now new 120 SR, DX8, Phoenix Sim and BF-109 which I am too scared to fly right now... Would like to graduate to the CP helis and build my own 3D planes at some time in future; the thing that stops me are my children (4yr & 2yr old).... Not to forget my other time hoggers - motorcylces and car fixes (you can imagine amount of work maintaining a BMW 540 ... phew...

Bottom line... I am a noob, crunched for time and cannot wait to graduate further...
Last edited by speedchase; Feb 08, 2013 at 10:11 AM.
Old Feb 08, 2013, 10:15 AM
Easy on the Sticks!
United States, WY, Crowheart
Joined Aug 2011
3,486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedchase View Post
No offense at all; I am very new to this hobby recently since Dec (got hooked flying my 3yr old's Christmas gift - a toy grade 2-ch coax).

It is not about too much work but rather I am complete noob although I have read a lot recently and have some knowledge of the heli types, battery types, power supplies, etc..

I have now new 120 SR, DX8, Phoenix Sim and BF-109 which I am too scared to fly right now... Would like to graduate to the CP helis and build my own 3D planes at some time in future; the thing that stops me are my children (4yr & 2yr old)....

Bottom line... I am a noob, crunched for time and cannot wait to graduate further...
Hey Noob JK LOL

I noticed your fear of the maiden on your BF109. I was wondering if it happens to be a Parkzone. If not, I don't know much about your plane. If so, your fear is probably a good thing or you may have crashed it allready.

I have a PZ BF109G and it is a bugger to take off and land. It has a mean LH torque factor that pulls the plane hard left on take-off.
Phoenix sim has this model and you can see what I am talking about by flying the sim. I would not put the plane in the air until you have mastered the sim, or a crash is highly likely.

Good Luck from a Fellow Noob!
BattleDude is offline Find More Posts by BattleDude
Old Feb 08, 2013, 10:50 AM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,633 Posts
FYI, the NanoTech 600mAh is back in stock.
I know that some of you have been waiting for this. So get them before they are OOS again!!

Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Feb 08, 2013, 02:03 PM
Heli's rule!
Midvale, Utah, USA
Joined Mar 2005
9,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
wouldnt that sort of defeat the purpos, which is to get rid of the JST connector?

In any case, I dont see the point either way. mini deans are LAME. its not only possible but probable to short out a battery with them. Because of the designe, its possible to have the pin on one side touch both the socket and the pin on the battery at the same time.... Years ago there was a guy whos model burned up in his car do to this. After that and having my own battery short (BIG spark) I got rid of all my mini deans.

In this application, the JST work fine. If I decided I just HAD to change, I would probably go with a losi style.
dacaur is offline Find More Posts by dacaur
Old Feb 08, 2013, 02:57 PM
Joined Jan 2013
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacaur View Post
wouldnt that sort of defeat the purpos, which is to get rid of the JST connector?

In any case, I dont see the point either way. mini deans are LAME. its not only possible but probable to short out a battery with them. Because of the designe, its possible to have the pin on one side touch both the socket and the pin on the battery at the same time.... Years ago there was a guy whos model burned up in his car do to this. After that and having my own battery short (BIG spark) I got rid of all my mini deans.

In this application, the JST work fine. If I decided I just HAD to change, I would probably go with a losi style.
Thanks for the info & advice; for now I think it is best to put off plans switching to mini deans.
Old Feb 08, 2013, 04:44 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacaur View Post

that is something that should be found on youtube ..
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E2's canopy thread
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:27 AM
United States, FL, North Port
Joined Jun 2012
173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxguy1000 View Post
Say, Bill, good to have you back! Hope you have been doing all right? I still say the mSR is a great indoor trainer for small rooms. Trainer for the SR 120, that is. I'm selling my mSRX because it's a better trainer for the mCPX--which a couple cars ran over--so, I don't need it!
Correct SAX the msr is a great trainer indoors for the 120SR the msrx was too much for me to handle for my flying skills..Thanks I have been doing quite well for 89 and a half yrs now..Good to be back on the thread ..all the best .Happy flying
venicebill is offline Find More Posts by venicebill
Old Feb 11, 2013, 12:11 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,518 Posts
Hey Bill. How ya doing? Don't know how I missed your post last week I've been kinda busy trying to get my Super Cub modded for the spring maiden.

I hope you've been well and life is treating you good. 89 huh? My flying partner just turned 74 and I 60. We are just kids

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Feb 11, 2013, 12:40 PM
United States, LA, Westwego
Joined Jan 2013
28 Posts
broken wire

Hello to everyone. the wire on my sr120 has been broken from the plug. does any one know if this can be replaced thanks.
joe langlois is offline Find More Posts by joe langlois
Old Feb 11, 2013, 01:12 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe langlois View Post
Hello to everyone. the wire on my sr120 has been broken from the plug. does any one know if this can be replaced thanks.
Hi Joe and welcome. Exactly which plug are you referring to? A pic would be a plus.

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Feb 11, 2013, 01:16 PM
Joined Dec 2011
87 Posts
Hello,

My father broke 3 tail rotors in an afternoon (don t ask me how), and when I tried to buy some, the good surprise, 4 euro a rotor... A bit the impression of being stolen.. So I would like to know if some other rotors are compatible with the sr120 tail motor ? As for example some Walkera rotors ? Or NE solo pro 328 rotor ?

Thank you
Flo38 is offline Find More Posts by Flo38