United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
Maybe there're not "fully" charged
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
That's what I thought, and I do the same thing with my 120SR, flying it with 500, 550, & 600. But I like Mike's explanation the best.
You gotta maintain a "battery" diet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleDude View Post
Me2. +1 ^^^ Mike's "explanation's" are always so "colorful". LOL

C'mon, ya making me blush...BTW, you gonna share that awesome "first ever" vid of you flying your plank

So, Mike, how much does a half charged batt weigh?
BD
Half the voltage you put into it silly azzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind Spirit View Post
Yep Mike, You nailed it.
I hope nobody is taking me seriously

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:02 AM
Easy on the Sticks!
United States, WY, Crowheart
Joined Aug 2011
3,784 Posts
Quote:
C'mon, ya making me blush...BTW, you gonna share that awesome "first ever" vid of you flying your plank

Mike.
Well... I sure can as long everyone doesn't mind if I am WAY off topic?
Oh well, here goes, my first ever YouTube video, the maiden flight of my PBY Catalina:
Dynam PBY Catalina Maiden Flight.AVI (5 min 26 sec)

Was alot of fun!

BD
BattleDude is offline Find More Posts by BattleDude
Old Jan 21, 2013, 06:13 AM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,864 Posts
That looks like the Wyoming I know! But, are those natural rock formations that you land in front of? With a sphere on top? It's looks as if the aliens from Devils Tower may have stopped there. (See Close Encounters of the Third Kind to know what I refer to!)
Saxguy1000 is offline Find More Posts by Saxguy1000
Old Jan 21, 2013, 06:35 AM
Wind you go around in circles
United States, FL, Middleburg
Joined Jan 2012
1,369 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleDude View Post
Well... I sure can as long everyone doesn't mind if I am WAY off topic?
Oh well, here goes, my first ever YouTube video, the maiden flight of my PBY Catalina:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiCmve4-Rcg

Was alot of fun!

BD
Great video, What camera did you use? WS
Wind Spirit is offline Find More Posts by Wind Spirit
Old Jan 21, 2013, 09:49 AM
Epilepsy Awareness
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxguy1000 View Post
That looks like the Wyoming I know! But, are those natural rock formations that you land in front of? With a sphere on top? It's looks as if the aliens from Devils Tower may have stopped there. (See Close Encounters of the Third Kind to know what I refer to!)
Nice flying Kyle

I know how small rock spheres are formed (like bowling balls) but, that's the biggest I've ever seen. Or it's just an optical illusion
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:12 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,369 Posts
Sale

Hey Guys, Just wanted to let you know HeliDirect is having a 10% off sale today only, if you had a need for something from them.WS
Old Jan 21, 2013, 11:13 AM
United States, PA, Schellsburg
Joined Jan 2013
56 Posts
hey guys! got the 120 out of the box last night and gave it a try. to my surprise, i think i did pretty well. took 3 tries to get if off the ground the right way but the 4th was fairly easy. had it in my family room which is somewhat full. the room is 24x24 but the space i had was only about 10x9. had a nice long hover until the air from my eden pure heater made it move in another direction and i had to cut throttle.

got it up again and had it going forward and back, and side to side and back to hover. even did a 180 and flew it back to myself.( my fingers still remember from flying planes that everything is in reverse when its comming to you.)

all in all, it was a nice 1st time
lx2008 is offline Find More Posts by lx2008
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:01 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,369 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lx2008 View Post
hey guys! got the 120 out of the box last night and gave it a try. to my surprise, i think i did pretty well. took 3 tries to get if off the ground the right way but the 4th was fairly easy. had it in my family room which is somewhat full. the room is 24x24 but the space i had was only about 10x9. had a nice long hover until the air from my eden pure heater made it move in another direction and i had to cut throttle.

got it up again and had it going forward and back, and side to side and back to hover. even did a 180 and flew it back to myself.( my fingers still remember from flying planes that everything is in reverse when its comming to you.)

Welcome, Glad your first flight was a good one. I am sure you will have many more.WS
Old Jan 21, 2013, 01:42 PM
Look ma, no hands!
United States, WI, Sheboygan
Joined Aug 2011
1,252 Posts
Quote:
You gotta maintain a "battery" diet.
Mike.
Is that the low proton diet? I hear the gassers have a low carb diet. And the planks have the South Beechcraft diet.
1Pilgrim is offline Find More Posts by 1Pilgrim
Last edited by 1Pilgrim; Jan 21, 2013 at 01:49 PM.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 01:49 PM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,864 Posts
Quote:

Congratulations for the maiden!
Saxguy1000 is offline Find More Posts by Saxguy1000
Old Jan 21, 2013, 02:44 PM
United States, WI, Appleton
Joined Jul 2012
262 Posts
Freaked out my older son. Tammy and Peanut were in the recliner. 2 of my boys and the oldests girlfreind was on couch watching TV. Fired up the 120 and zipped all over the living room last night.
Rich Knapp is offline Find More Posts by Rich Knapp
Old Jan 21, 2013, 03:17 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Knapp View Post
Freaked out my older son. Tammy and Peanut were in the recliner. 2 of my boys and the oldests girlfreind was on couch watching TV. Fired up the 120 and zipped all over the living room last night.
Bwa ha ha ha! You know the 120 can carry a camera, right? Next time, post the heli's eye view to Youtube...lol! That is assuming they don't catch the heli first!
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 21, 2013, 03:24 PM
Easy on the Sticks!
Joined Aug 2011
3,784 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxguy1000 View Post
The rocks are natural but not placed naturally. My buddy has collected them and stacked them that way. He likes to balance them on other rocks and fenceposts. It has always amazed me how they stay balanced without the wind we have here, blowing them over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind Spirit View Post
Great video, What camera did you use? WS
Thanks WS! I used this cam:
http://www.amazon.com/HobbyCAM-Mini-...ingtote+camera
And mounted it as you see in theses pics. Kinda handy and easy to mount on a PBY Catalina anyway.

Quote:
Nice flying Kyle

I know how small rock spheres are formed (like bowling balls) but, that's the biggest I've ever seen. Or it's just an optical illusion
Nope, not an optical illusion! I know, my plane about kissed one of them! This plane comes in fast, have to learn to slow it down on a longer approach!
Last edited by BattleDude; Jul 22, 2013 at 03:52 PM.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 03:25 PM
Easy on the Sticks!
Joined Aug 2011
3,784 Posts
Quote:

Sweet! That's what we like to hear! Good job with the maiden voyage!

Kyle