HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 10, 2013, 05:43 PM
United States, NH
Joined Nov 2012
72 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleDude View Post
I broke one and then sent one right out to me. I changed it out no problem. Would send it to you Jake, but it is broke!

Now, recently, the menu switch under the upper part of the menu roller has gone bad. The spring in the switch is broken or something and it has no upward spring action against the roller.

It is a part of the menu PCB and the whole PCB has to be replaced. HH does not sell the PCB separately and requires me to send my radio in for them to repair it. Grrrrrrrr

Torques me off that they won't sell me the part to fix my radio as it is simple to do and takes about 5 minutes.

I tell you guys, I am about ready to try a Futaba or something other than this
Spektrum. Broken roller, broken menu switch, broken trim tab. Starting to wonder if other brands would be more durable.

Kyle
It may have one of these, which is easy enough to replace if you have soldering skills

DaveNH is offline Find More Posts by DaveNH
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 10, 2013, 05:51 PM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,411 Posts
Quote:
I broke one and then sent one right out to me. I changed it out no problem. Would send it to you Jake, but it is broke!

Now, recently, the menu switch under the upper part of the menu roller has gone bad. The spring in the switch is broken or something and it has no upward spring action against the roller.

It is a part of the menu PCB and the whole PCB has to be replaced. HH does not sell the PCB separately and requires me to send my radio in for them to repair it. Grrrrrrrr

Torques me off that they won't sell me the part to fix my radio as it is simple to do and takes about 5 minutes.

Spektrum. Broken roller, broken menu switch, broken trim tab. Starting to wonder if other brands would be more durable.

Kyle
i'm not having a go at you but! i have owned a dx6i, sold to my 19 yr old son and still running fine, 2 X DX7 one sold to my elder son and one i now use as my sim Tx, both still running fine and i now run a DX8 for my current Tx and have never had any problems.
With a name like BattleDude i take it your a gamer and just maybe and thats only a maybe, you are little too heavy handed with the controls??
I know the roller takes no pressure at all to work, but have heard of others that "Push it right through it's holder" by being to rough with it, it's not a game pad

anyway just a thought to why you might have had these troubles, because if they were the cause, changing brands will still have the same results

cheers chuck
ChuckTseeker is online now Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Old Jan 10, 2013, 05:53 PM
Joined Dec 2007
3,411 Posts
just got through flying with my 3 batts that arrived today, i thought i'd go with the Hyperions this time and i must say they seem a lot better than the $2 cheapies that have started to only give up half their amps

have never done a video of my flying my SR120 which i must say i love flying, so i might grab one this weekend when Corinnes up

cheers chuck
Old Jan 10, 2013, 06:32 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,247 Posts
Quote:

Kyle
Check into this...as soon as they get them in again...I am getting one..price is right too!

Has backlit screen....!

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...y_Mode_2_.html
Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old Jan 10, 2013, 08:14 PM
United States, FL, Hollywood
Joined Aug 2010
1,480 Posts
Here's a two year old video.
Blade 120 SR CX2 Seahawk body outdoors (2 min 54 sec)

All really remember is using the same rods and grommets that held on the stock canopy.

Here's some close ups if that will help those interested.

The rear rotor motor was hot glued in place and the hot glue was painted black. I also remember using a part of the tail boom rod and the part that holds the motor in place, fitting it into the fuselage tail.
urrl is offline Find More Posts by urrl
Last edited by urrl; Jan 10, 2013 at 08:20 PM.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 08:25 PM
United States, NH
Joined Nov 2012
72 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckTseeker View Post
just got through flying with my 3 batts that arrived today, i thought i'd go with the Hyperions this time and i must say they seem a lot better than the $2 cheapies that have started to only give up half their amps

have never done a video of my flying my SR120 which i must say i love flying, so i might grab one this weekend when Corinnes up

cheers chuck
Wow, I only have one video up and it's one you don't have?
I enjoyed the unboxing tonight BTW , looking forward to the first flight.
DaveNH is offline Find More Posts by DaveNH
Old Jan 10, 2013, 08:28 PM
United States, VT, Rutland
Joined Dec 2011
536 Posts
Quote:
...have never done a video of my flying my SR120 which i must say i love flying, so i might grab one this weekend when Corinnes up

cheers chuck
Wow ! I didn't expect to see you here. I've watched a ton of your tests/vids. Thanks.
I'd love to see one of yours with the 120SR. Don't hit Corinne while trying to get the little 120SR in closeups !
Brian VT is offline Find More Posts by Brian VT
Old Jan 10, 2013, 09:35 PM
Joined Dec 2007
3,411 Posts
Heck Yeah! guys i bought my SR120 when they first came out, years ago love it as it's great fun in the spare room and when the wind dies on dusk it becomes a real beast out side, easy to loose it when your so used to flying within the walls of a room

as said i'll get some inside footage this weekend as it's going to blow hot wind all weekend so there will be no outside flying this weekend

cheers chuck
Old Jan 10, 2013, 09:53 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,251 Posts
Quote:

cheers chuck
Quote:
Heck Yeah! guys i bought my SR120 when they first came out, years ago love it as it's great fun in the spare room and when the wind dies on dusk it becomes a real beast out side, easy to loose it when your so used to flying within the walls of a room

as said i'll get some inside footage this weekend as it's going to blow hot wind all weekend so there will be no outside flying this weekend

cheers chuck
Hi Chuck, nice of you to drop by and say hello. Hey what do you think

120SR at VFW 3.AVI (3 min 21 sec)

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:03 PM
Joined Dec 2007
3,411 Posts
Chap1012 ya didn't hit the wall i always hit the wall haha nice size room to fly in and some nice flying too this bird is a zippy flyer that's for sure and keeps you on ya toes

cheers chuck
Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:14 PM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
6,679 Posts
Quote:

Kyle
My next Tx will be a Futaba. Probably this one (by the way, these guys,and Chuck's, are my favorite YouTube channel, )...

Flite Test - Futaba T8FG Super - REVIEW (12 min 58 sec)
North_of_49 is online now Find More Posts by North_of_49
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by North_of_49; Jan 10, 2013 at 11:20 PM.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:21 PM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
6,679 Posts
Nice to see you here, Chuck... rememeber this?

North_of_49 is online now Find More Posts by North_of_49
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 11, 2013, 12:13 AM
Easy on the Sticks!
United States, WY, Crowheart
Joined Aug 2011
3,269 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
Kyle, right here for a better roller.
http://www.eastrc.org/estorerollerbutton.htm

It's suppose to be a piece of pie....aahhh..cake, to replace. I'm ready to start jumping on this stuff like a bobcat very soon

Mike.
Mike, I already have the aluminum roller installed, the switch underneath the roller on the menu PCB is whats bad.
Kyle
BattleDude is offline Find More Posts by BattleDude
Old Jan 11, 2013, 12:23 AM
Easy on the Sticks!
United States, WY, Crowheart
Joined Aug 2011
3,269 Posts
Quote:
i'm not having a go at you but! i have owned a dx6i, sold to my 19 yr old son and still running fine, 2 X DX7 one sold to my elder son and one i now use as my sim Tx, both still running fine and i now run a DX8 for my current Tx and have never had any problems.
With a name like BattleDude i take it your a gamer and just maybe and thats only a maybe, you are little too heavy handed with the controls??
I know the roller takes no pressure at all to work, but have heard of others that "Push it right through it's holder" by being to rough with it, it's not a game pad

anyway just a thought to why you might have had these troubles, because if they were the cause, changing brands will still have the same results

cheers chuck
Yes you hit the nail right on the head Chuck, I am a gamer and you correctly stated that gamers can be too heavy on the controls, and I am guilty of that.

But I still think they should build them to take that kind of heavy handed use.
I have seen so many posts about broken rollers and the switch below it that too me it seems it should be more durable.

But the real issue is them not selling me parts, and wanting me to send my radio in for a repair that any 12 year old could do, just so they can make more money off of me.

I simply do not like it when I can not get the parts I want/need.

So durability issues aside, if Futaba or any others will sell me the parts I need, I would be inclined to purchase their product.

But anyway, cheers to you also Bro!

Kyle
BattleDude is offline Find More Posts by BattleDude
Old Jan 11, 2013, 01:23 AM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_of_49 View Post
Nice to see you here, Chuck... rememeber this?

Bought my first plane...it is the Great Planes F-86 Super Sabre and came with the any-link adapter.
Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131