HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 28, 2012, 09:35 PM
Joined Jan 2005
657 Posts
Good news, bad news. I found the trim problem and it was a part that was apparently about the break. I removed the aileron ball link that's connected to the swashplate. I was going to lengthen the link by unscrewing it, but when I went to re-attach the link to the ball on the swashplate, the ball broke off. It must have been damaged in a crash and that's what threw my trim way outta whack. Looks like another trip to the hobby shop tomorrow and hopefully they have a complete precision swashplate cuz I'm grounded 'til I get one....
grampi is offline Find More Posts by grampi
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 28, 2012, 09:50 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,325 Posts
Actually, we just have a few inches so far..here is my dog doing her thing in the snow...

Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old Dec 28, 2012, 10:04 PM
Wind you go around in circles
United States, FL, Middleburg
Joined Jan 2012
1,368 Posts
Used 120 Update

Well, I went to the 2nd hand store and took my TX to see if the $60 120 would bind & fly. Bind it did, but did not try to fly it. When I spooled it up it wanted to do the funky chicken dance. I think the shaft was split, had hair around the swash but I dont think that was the main problem. It seems the brick was good, but the bird had been road hard and put up wet. I told the man that ran the store to tell the Lady that had the bird for sell that I would offer $20. I was going to offer $40 but she was in sad shape.
Anyway I went to WalMart and bought "WE WERE SOLDIERS" with Mel Gibson, Great movie. Has a lot of good clips of the Huey, the fuselage I put on my T-rex 450, UH1B I think. If you guy's haven't seen it you should.
So, looking for a new brick for a spair 120 if anyone knows where a good deal is.Thanks,WS
Wind Spirit is offline Find More Posts by Wind Spirit
Old Dec 28, 2012, 10:27 PM
Which way is up?
Michigan, USA
Joined Mar 2008
686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake8131 View Post
Actually, we just have a few inches so far..here is my dog doing her thing in the snow...

I'm north of you in Michigan. We didnt get as much as you I don't think. I havent tried to fly outside with snow, but the winds have been super calm at times, tempting. My dog hates the cold, short hair and only a 10 pounder.
stuball56 is offline Find More Posts by stuball56
Old Dec 28, 2012, 10:49 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuball56 View Post
I'm north of you in Michigan. We didnt get as much as you I don't think. I havent tried to fly outside with snow, but the winds have been super calm at times, tempting. My dog hates the cold, short hair and only a 10 pounder.
I used to live in the UP!!!!
Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old Dec 29, 2012, 07:29 AM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,862 Posts
Virginia Beach is rainy today and rather cold. I got in some good flying last night before dusk, though. Hey, who was trying to do a loop? Was that you, Jake? I did it on the sim night before last. I am waiting for decent weather to get a video of the real thing!
Saxguy1000 is offline Find More Posts by Saxguy1000
Old Dec 29, 2012, 08:09 AM
United States, NH
Joined Nov 2012
72 Posts
I found some goodies on sale recently so I bought myself some late x-mas presents, got the Dynam 6 channel USB transmitter for $15, a Thunder AC6 for $39, and a lipo sack. I was using a cable with my DX5e on the sim but after a whopping 8 or so uses it stopped working and was past it's 30 day warranty. I also took some time and upgraded my Media Center PC so it can run Phoenix, will be sweet sitting on the couch in front of a 40" widescreen and getting in some sim time!
DaveNH is offline Find More Posts by DaveNH
Old Dec 29, 2012, 08:31 AM
Which way is up?
Michigan, USA
Joined Mar 2008
686 Posts
That's a fine idea! I do have a 28" monitor, but hooking up a really large LED screen would be the ticket. Hmmm, the big one is upstairs in the living room, wife won't appreciate me hooking up LOUD huge computer. So, I'll have to use one of the smaller ones, a 32" for now. Untill I can upgrade the one upstairs and then I can use that one.
Sheesh, thanks alot! Now I have a whole new reason to spend more money, lol.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 08:34 AM
United States, NH
Joined Nov 2012
72 Posts
Quote:
That's a fine idea! I do have a 28" monitor, but hooking up a really large LED screen would be the ticket. Hmmm, the big one is upstairs in the living room, wife won't appreciate me hooking up LOUD huge computer. So, I'll have to use one of the smaller ones, a 32" for now. Untill I can upgrade the one upstairs and then I can use that one.
You're welcome I'm just trying to be a useful contributor to the forum
DaveNH is offline Find More Posts by DaveNH
Old Dec 29, 2012, 08:50 AM
Joined Jan 2005
657 Posts
How many swashplates have broken on you? Is this part a weak link? Just curious....
Old Dec 29, 2012, 08:59 AM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,862 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grampi View Post
How many swashplates have broken on you? Is this part a weak link? Just curious....
All of them! That is why I sought out aluminum versions. You can try them--many have their opinions on their worth. I think most agree that RakonHeli's is a good one. I've used Microheli, but I wasn't too satisfied with its durability. Xtreme has one, too, and I suggest dealing with Value RC (where the link takes you.)
Old Dec 29, 2012, 09:02 AM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,862 Posts
Quote:
Last year I got this brainy idea: get your son a great monitor for college--and I can use it until he leaves! Ha! My wife agreed, so I bought a 32" HD 1080p TV for his monitor. Oh, man, does it work with Phoenix! It's great!

And, the best part of it? He was a freshman in high school... I get to use it for 4 years!!!!
Old Dec 29, 2012, 09:11 AM
Joined Jan 2005
657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxguy1000 View Post
All of them! That is why I sought out aluminum versions. You can try them--many have their opinions on their worth. I think most agree that RakonHeli's is a good one. I've used Microheli, but I wasn't too satisfied with its durability. Xtreme has one, too, and I suggest dealing with Value RC (where the link takes you.)
What was the issue with the one you're not satisfied with?
Old Dec 29, 2012, 09:16 AM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,862 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grampi View Post
What was the issue with the one you're not satisfied with?
It may have been a fluke, but I had two MicroHeli swashes break on me. First one had a ball break off as I was putting on the first link, and the second one broke not much longer after that. The good thing I can say is that MicroHeli was real good in replacing them. The 3rd one worked fine... I just can't recommend them from my experience.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 09:23 AM
Which way is up?
Michigan, USA
Joined Mar 2008
686 Posts
I have (had) a blue one on a used heli I bought. A ball broke off and is not repairable. That's $29 down the drain. I'm pretty much off the aluminum parts now, at least for the micro/mini's.