SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 28, 2012, 03:03 PM
Joined Jan 2005
657 Posts
I've got a trim problem...no, not that trim, get yer mind outta the gutter LOL! I've got the trim for my ailerons set all the way to the left on the Tx and the heli still wants to go right...not a lot, but enough that I have to hold a little left stick to keep it straight...are there any other adjustment that can be made to correct this?
grampi is offline Find More Posts by grampi
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 28, 2012, 03:16 PM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grampi View Post
I've got a trim problem...no, not that trim, get yer mind outta the gutter LOL! I've got the trim for my ailerons set all the way to the left on the Tx and the heli still wants to go right...not a lot, but enough that I have to hold a little left stick to keep it straight...are there any other adjustment that can be made to correct this?
See what I wrote at this post: 12555.
Saxguy1000 is offline Find More Posts by Saxguy1000
Old Dec 28, 2012, 03:23 PM
Look ma, no hands!
United States, WI, Sheboygan
Joined Aug 2011
1,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grampi View Post
Take a look at the swashplate; it may be "tilted" in the unwanted direction of flight.

The plastic link at the top of each pushrod (between the servos and swash) is threaded onto the rod; the overall length can be adjusted by twisting the link in half-turn increments. The idea is to adjust the rod lengths until the swash is level, i.e. at right angles to the main shaft.

After each mechanical adjustment, center the trim on your tx and go fly. It may take a few tries but you should be able to get the heli pretty close to a hands-off hover with little or no tx trim.

Let us know how it works out!
1Pilgrim is offline Find More Posts by 1Pilgrim
Old Dec 28, 2012, 04:33 PM
United States, CA, Orange
Joined Jan 2012
10 Posts
Just an update...

I asked a few weeks back about beginner planes and got some really good advice here. I added a couple planks to my Christmas list. But I guess Santa was in a whirly bird kinda mood, and I ended up getting an MCPX. Woohoo! Only a few flight so far, but it's tons of fun. The 120SR clearly helped train me for CP. Planes will have to wait for now.

So, I don't know if I'll be lurking here as often (you wouldn't know anyway)... But, in the meantime, to finally contribute something on-topic, here's some video I shot flying my 120SR after-hours at the office a couple months ago. I managed to get a few decent crashes in... 'cause it's not a good flight, without a good crash.

120SR: Flying [and crashing] at the Office (7 min 1 sec)
chimivee is offline Find More Posts by chimivee
Old Dec 28, 2012, 04:42 PM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,820 Posts
Wow! That's some great flying Chimivee. Extremely narrow walk ways and great landing/take off control. Landing on slick surface you still kept it from spinning when you landed. Great video.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 04:51 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,206 Posts
Arrggghhh..

SNOW (0 min 53 sec)
Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old Dec 28, 2012, 05:13 PM
Gaui X3, Blade 150X
United States, MO, KC
Joined Jun 2011
3,037 Posts
I had this, it was a truly amazing heli. Well, until I tried too advanced for this and kind of broke it... my fault.
BladeScraper is offline Find More Posts by BladeScraper
Old Dec 28, 2012, 05:34 PM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake8131 View Post
Jake - You can't let a little snow stop you!! No, brother, just go out there and let that rotating fan blow it away! I've even been flying from the garage in a misty rain! Heli flying must go on!
Old Dec 28, 2012, 05:52 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxguy1000 View Post
Jake - You can't let a little snow stop you!! No, brother, just go out there and let that rotating fan blow it away! I've even been flying from the garage in a misty rain! Heli flying must go on!
I'll wait till it melts a little bit...

Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old Dec 28, 2012, 06:05 PM
Joined Feb 2012
486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chimivee View Post
Just an update...

I asked a few weeks back about beginner planes and got some really good advice here. I added a couple planks to my Christmas list. But I guess Santa was in a whirly bird kinda mood, and I ended up getting an MCPX. Woohoo! Only a few flight so far, but it's tons of fun. The 120SR clearly helped train me for CP. Planes will have to wait for now.

So, I don't know if I'll be lurking here as often (you wouldn't know anyway)... But, in the meantime, to finally contribute something on-topic, here's some video I shot flying my 120SR after-hours at the office a couple months ago. I managed to get a few decent crashes in... 'cause it's not a good flight, without a good crash.

http://youtu.be/-rmVcy6Emhw
Very nice and excellent control. It shows clearly that this is a good indoor flyer and durable - just takes a little practise.

I'm sure you'll really enjoy the mCP x - higher head speed good for outdoor flying even in moderate wind. I've had mine for over a year but haven't spent much time with it - went to fixed wing instead. Winter's a good time for these though when the planes can't be flown. You've inspired me.
midnite is offline Find More Posts by midnite
Old Dec 28, 2012, 06:41 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,400 Posts
Jake, I'd kill for a white Christmas like that!

But then, the day after Christmas, you could take all the snow back with you, bro!

It's 65F and I'm going flying tonight. Hehehe.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Dec 28, 2012, 07:12 PM
United States, NH
Joined Nov 2012
72 Posts
Well, seeing as how we're posting pics and videos, here's a bit of indoor flight, this is about a months worth of practice .

Blade 120 SR (6 min 43 sec)
DaveNH is offline Find More Posts by DaveNH
Old Dec 28, 2012, 07:30 PM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveNH View Post
Well, seeing as how we're posting pics and videos, here's a bit of indoor flight, this is about a months worth of practice .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ogzu6cRgaBs
I see you still have picture frames and such on tables, no big gashes in the drywall. I would say that is success.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 07:54 PM
United States, CA, Orange
Joined Jan 2012
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxguy1000 View Post
Landing on slick surface you still kept it from spinning when you landed.
Thanks! But apparently you missed the end, where I land on the table, spin 180, take off again and proceed to bounce off the bowl and into the window shade.... I was aiming for the toaster oven.
chimivee is offline Find More Posts by chimivee
Old Dec 28, 2012, 07:56 PM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chimivee View Post
Thanks! But apparently you missed the end, where I land on the table, spin 180, take off again and proceed to bounce off the bowl and into the window shade.... I was aiming for the toaster oven.
Hey, compared to the way I fly, the first 30 seconds was terrific.