HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 11, 2012, 08:55 PM
Which way is up?
Michigan, USA
Joined Mar 2008
686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
FYI, if anyone has been waiting to buy the NanoTech 600mAh battery that was out of stock, it came back in stock today. $2.58 ea. plus shipping. Get them while they last. They typically go out of stock quickly. I've been using these several months now, and I'm very happy with them.
For that price they could only last half as long and still be worth it. But they usualy last very well. For those having trouble with your CC company and your order, yes, I do too. They see the order as originating in Hong Kong or China and that puts a red flag on the order. I have to use Paypal and have it taken from checking account, then no problem.
stuball56 is offline Find More Posts by stuball56
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 11, 2012, 09:19 PM
Look ma, no hands!
United States, WI, Sheboygan
Joined Aug 2011
1,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind Spirit View Post
This and one more.WS
Thanks! Don't know why but when I click on one pic I can then scroll thru all the pics posted to the same page.
1Pilgrim is offline Find More Posts by 1Pilgrim
Old Dec 12, 2012, 06:35 AM
Wind you go around in circles
United States, FL, Middleburg
Joined Jan 2012
1,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Pilgrim View Post
Thanks! Don't know why but when I click on one pic I can then scroll thru all the pics posted to the same page.
Last pic.WS
Wind Spirit is offline Find More Posts by Wind Spirit
Old Dec 12, 2012, 06:40 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Pilgrim View Post
I could not get it to do that for me but when I click to make the pic. large I could click again and make the pic. real close "zoom" , thats good. Anyway hope this helps you. WS
Old Dec 12, 2012, 07:15 AM
Joined Jan 2005
657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuball56 View Post
For that price they could only last half as long and still be worth it. But they usualy last very well. For those having trouble with your CC company and your order, yes, I do too. They see the order as originating in Hong Kong or China and that puts a red flag on the order. I have to use Paypal and have it taken from checking account, then no problem.
I was gonna put some of the Nano-Techs on backorder at Hobbyking.com, but they wanted me to provide them with a photo of my debit card and a copy of my bank statement in order to verify my payment. Who does this? I've never had a business ask for this before and I constantly buy stuff online. Have they done this to any of you?
grampi is offline Find More Posts by grampi
Old Dec 12, 2012, 07:41 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grampi View Post
I was gonna put some of the Nano-Techs on backorder at Hobbyking.com, but they wanted me to provide them with a photo of my debit card and a copy of my bank statement in order to verify my payment. Who does this? I've never had a business ask for this before and I constantly buy stuff online. Have they done this to any of you?
Never, Does your card have a Visa logo? If so it should be just like a credit card. I would not send all of that to them. Have you talked to them by phone? I would ask to speek to the Boss about that. WS
Old Dec 12, 2012, 08:57 AM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
6,468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grampi View Post
I'm using paypal these days for most onine purchases. Most online hobby stores have it as a payment option... HK does. Paypal and Credit cards give you some protection as a buyer. Paypal payments can be funded through your credit card or instant direct bank transfer which is the way I fund my Paypal purchases these days (my default setup but I can change it to credit card on the fly at payment time)... that makes it just like using a debit card.
North_of_49 is offline Find More Posts by North_of_49
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 12, 2012, 09:04 AM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
10,895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_of_49 View Post
I'm using paypal these days for most onine purchases. Most online hobby stores have it as a payment option... HK does. Paypal and Credit cards give you some protection as a buyer. Paypal payments can be funded through your credit card or instant direct bank transfer which is the way I fund my Paypal purchases these days (my default setup but I can change it to credit card on the fly at payment time)... that makes it just like using a debit card.
Exactly! I have a Paypal account that draws on my Capital One CC. A couple years ago I was a little apprehensive about a Paypal account. Now I think it's the best thing since sliced bread. Zero hassles!

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Dec 12, 2012, 09:08 AM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,807 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
Exactly! I have a Paypal account that draws on my Capital One CC. A couple years ago I was a little apprehensive about a Paypal account. Now I think it's the best thing since sliced bread. Zero hassles!

Mike.
I do this also. It's the best thing. I ordered from two hobby vendors in the last 3 years who didn't deliver. All I had to do is go back to my Visa and they refunded my money for me. Then, they went to PayPal who went to the vendor and, I ultimately got my revenge!
Saxguy1000 is online now Find More Posts by Saxguy1000
Old Dec 12, 2012, 09:09 AM
Joined Jan 2005
657 Posts
I've had problems in the past using Paypal...mainly when trying to have my orders sent to a different address than my billing address...I usually have to have my orders sent to my work address because nobody's ever at my home address during the day to sign for packages...Paypal doesn't like it when you don't send your orders to your billing address...
grampi is offline Find More Posts by grampi
Old Dec 12, 2012, 09:11 AM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,807 Posts
I might add, I only decided to go to VISA because PAYPAL () wouldn't do a thing for me. Dumb . I LOVE what PayPal does, but I REALLY hate PayPal. A stereotypical love/hate relationship.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 09:20 AM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
6,468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxguy1000 View Post
I might add, I only decided to go to VISA because PAYPAL () wouldn't do a thing for me. Dumb . I LOVE what PayPal does, but I REALLY hate PayPal. A stereotypical love/hate relationship.
Paypal disputes do work better when using it on ebay. Credit card (used anywhere) gives you the best protection. Although I don't do it this way anymore... funding your paypal payment through your credit card gives you an extra layer of protection if one of the two won't help you out.

grampi... I'm pretty sure you set up alternate shipping addresses in your paypal account. The only thing I can't do is set up an alternate address in the U.S. with ny Canadian paypal account.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 12, 2012, 10:37 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
8,862 Posts
considering that paypal infact IS ebay eversince it got bought by them, the paypal disputes BETTER work better on ebay ... as it is technically "company internal dispute" ...

just sayin´ ...
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014
Old Dec 12, 2012, 10:50 AM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,807 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
considering that paypal infact IS ebay eversince it got bought by them, the paypal disputes BETTER work better on ebay ... as it is technically "company internal dispute" ...

just sayin´ ...
I think that that's why they wouldn't help me resolve things--because they are the same company. I really liked my Chase VISA service. They kicked PayPal's butt.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 10:56 AM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
6,468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post

just sayin´ ...
Yeah, that's what I was getting at

I do know of people who have received action from certain online hobby stores once threatened with a paypal dispute though.
RCG Plus Member