HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 11, 2012, 08:02 AM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,820 Posts
This is interesting news, guys. Thanks for illuminating me on the status. It really kills me that the Mysore hobbies--R/C and rocketry--are primarily based on lipo batteries and rocket propellant. Both, of which, the government has been striving to abolish if they had their way.
Saxguy1000 is offline Find More Posts by Saxguy1000
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 11, 2012, 08:22 AM
Joined Jan 2005
657 Posts
I need some ideas for flight batteries. I was gonna place some Turnigy Nano-Tech 600s on order through Hobbyking (they're on backorder), but I'm having a problem getting my payment info to go through with them. What are some other good batteries and what places are you guys (and gals) orderig them from?
grampi is offline Find More Posts by grampi
Old Dec 11, 2012, 08:26 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grampi View Post
I need some ideas for flight batteries. I was gonna place some Turnigy Nano-Tech 600s on order through Hobbyking (they're on backorder), but I'm having a problem getting my payment info to go through with them. What are some other good batteries and what places are you guys (and gals) orderig them from?
what my suggestion would be is to go on eBay and order yourself some hyperion 550s - they are decent batteries as well (actually most people talk rather highly of them to all I can see) and you get them from NY, the 3pack for 16$ within a few days ...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360421009026

(would also be interesting to see how those guys circumvent this stupid#$### LiPo ban ... ...)
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 11, 2012, 08:29 AM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
6,589 Posts
I got great prices on Hyperions (160's for my small birds and 550's for the 120sr) last spring on ebay from gonitrohobbies.
North_of_49 is offline Find More Posts by North_of_49
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 11, 2012, 09:28 AM
Look ma, no hands!
United States, WI, Sheboygan
Joined Aug 2011
1,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind Spirit View Post
Pilgrim, Another thing that will work well but cost more is photo paper.WS
Thanks WS, that crossed my mind - will give it a shot.
1Pilgrim is offline Find More Posts by 1Pilgrim
Old Dec 11, 2012, 09:42 AM
Registered Abuser
Kelowna, BC Canada
Joined Nov 2010
270 Posts
Quote:
I think this is it. http://www.tdmsoftware.com/tdmmodels/MCPX-MD500.html.
WS Looks like it worked. Here you go my friend.

Close, but not quite. I posted them on the page that they were asked but this thread moves so fast no-one saw it.

Go back and look, P.1078 or 1079 I think. I attached 2 versions of it.
Chris.S. is offline Find More Posts by Chris.S.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 01:51 PM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grampi View Post
Let me recommend the Tigers battery to you. You'll find a deal on eBay here. You'll hear some griping about these batteries, but for the price, I thought I got a great deal. They lasted a long time.
Saxguy1000 is offline Find More Posts by Saxguy1000
Old Dec 11, 2012, 03:23 PM
Joined Jan 2005
657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
what my suggestion would be is to go on eBay and order yourself some hyperion 550s - they are decent batteries as well (actually most people talk rather highly of them to all I can see) and you get them from NY, the 3pack for 16$ within a few days ...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360421009026

(would also be interesting to see how those guys circumvent this stupid#$### LiPo ban ... ...)
Just ordered some...thanks!
grampi is offline Find More Posts by grampi
Old Dec 11, 2012, 04:03 PM
Look ma, no hands!
United States, WI, Sheboygan
Joined Aug 2011
1,252 Posts
Quote:
Pilgrim, Another thing that will work well but cost more is photo paper.WS
We bought a new printer recently that came with some photo paper - wow does the fuse look great on decent paper! Of course I'll need to practice the build on some cheaper stuff.

Being as how I'm basically an "off the shelf" type consumer I'll be stepping outside my comfort zone with this one. Would you mind posting a few views of your machine besides the side view, e.g. front, top, bottom, isometric, just to get me started?
1Pilgrim is offline Find More Posts by 1Pilgrim
Old Dec 11, 2012, 07:47 PM
Wind you go around in circles
United States, FL, Middleburg
Joined Jan 2012
1,362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Pilgrim View Post
We bought a new printer recently that came with some photo paper - wow does the fuse look great on decent paper! Of course I'll need to practice the build on some cheaper stuff.

Being as how I'm basically an "off the shelf" type consumer I'll be stepping outside my comfort zone with this one. Would you mind posting a few views of your machine besides the side view, e.g. front, top, bottom, isometric, just to get me started?
I have mine off now but I will take some pics. and post them. It is real easy if you just glue a little at a time. There are two peices in the back that if you glue only one side and tape the other you will be able to take it on and off. Also i think I use super, the cheap stuff from the dollar store. I also had to trim a little for my skids which are not stock. If you practice with just paper like you said you will get it down in no time. I
Wind Spirit is offline Find More Posts by Wind Spirit
Old Dec 11, 2012, 07:57 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,362 Posts
Quote:

Pics.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 08:12 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,362 Posts
Quote:

Sorry my internet will only let me download one at a time.WS
Old Dec 11, 2012, 08:20 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,362 Posts
Quote:

This and one more.WS
Old Dec 11, 2012, 08:24 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,413 Posts
FYI, if anyone has been waiting to buy the NanoTech 600mAh battery that was out of stock, it came back in stock today. $2.58 ea. plus shipping. Get them while they last. They typically go out of stock quickly. I've been using these several months now, and I'm very happy with them.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Dec 11, 2012, 08:43 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,362 Posts
Quote:

Sorry, the time between post is how long its taking to upload one pic. This one wouldnot work, will try later. WS