HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:12 AM
MCX2..120SR..NCPX..MQX..D X7s
United States, OR, Salem
Joined May 2012
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
I'm thinking that it may be neither - motor or board. It could be just as you said, the battery has gone south, and any significant current draw drops the voltage below the LVC. Have you tried testing the same with another battery?

But if another known good battery gave you the same result, then it would more likely be the motor, because a failing motor could have an exceptional draw on the battery.
Yes, and I know my Hyp's are good...all 6 of them check out fine on my computer charger. Anyway, just about finished installing the the original stocker. Will take it for a check ride and advise. Thanks for replies !
23DM is offline Find More Posts by 23DM
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:48 AM
United States, OR, Salem
Joined May 2012
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23DM View Post
Yes, and I know my Hyp's are good...all 6 of them check out fine on my computer charger. Anyway, just about finished installing the the original stocker. Will take it for a check ride and advise. Thanks for replies !
Well cool...it was my XTREME SR120 motor and not batts or board !
Now, do I order another from TMKARCHOBBY...hmmm. They are smoother, quieter, and IMO more powerful.
Read here a few mos. ago though that some either had quick failures or limited power. Or maybe I got lucky with the one I bought last Feb.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 02:04 PM
United States, OR, Lebanon
Joined Jul 2012
52 Posts
Found a fellow that repairs 5in1 boards for $25

FYI

I saw him months ago on eBay, but he stopped "advertising there" He does just about any of the Blade boards. He just repaired my 120 board and it works fine. It was driving one of the servos to full stop at power on. Here is his contact info if you are interested. "jason.b.snider@gmail.com"

Time to go flying, Fred
FredYates is offline Find More Posts by FredYates
Old Nov 18, 2012, 02:20 PM
Which way is up?
Michigan, USA
Joined Mar 2008
686 Posts
I thought that name sounded familiar for some reason. Ha, I just bought a MCP X V2 from him not an hour ago. Then I see this post, small internet, lol. The sale originated on Ebay, don't even know if he is a member on here or not.
stuball56 is offline Find More Posts by stuball56
Old Nov 18, 2012, 03:00 PM
United States, OR, Salem
Joined May 2012
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredYates View Post
FYI

I saw him months ago on eBay, but he stopped "advertising there" He does just about any of the Blade boards. He just repaired my 120 board and it works fine. It was driving one of the servos to full stop at power on. Here is his contact info if you are interested. "jason.b.snider@gmail.com"

Time to go flying, Fred
Hey Fred..is Jason local to the Salem area ? I have 2 120 boards smoked...
Old Nov 18, 2012, 08:29 PM
Which way is up?
Michigan, USA
Joined Mar 2008
686 Posts
Ok, so I saw this video on YouTube. Kid says he is "trying out" his Christmas present. ( I don't get that concept, but that's another topic, lol".) Anyway, as you can see he says
"I have never flown a heli before this one and have no simulator experience. The 120 SR is ideal for beginners - it is extremely stable - but is also quick and agile. I look forward to developing flying skills with this aircraft."

I found this to be both discouraging and unbelievable. The first time I flew my MCPX 2 It was all over the place, and I had a bit of Sim experience first. He is flying the 120 SR in a very small place and, well it just seems impossible to pick it up so quickly, either that or he is a prodigy. Hmmmm. Anyway, after seeing this I grabbed my 120 SR and flew it in my basement family room. 22 x 22, didnt crash once, which I was very happy with.
Blade 120 SR Beginner Flight (6 min 38 sec)
Old Nov 18, 2012, 08:50 PM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuball56 View Post
Ok, so I saw this video on YouTube. Kid says he is "trying out" his Christmas present. ( I don't get that concept, but that's another topic, lol".) Anyway, as you can see he says
"I have never flown a heli before this one and have no simulator experience. The 120 SR is ideal for beginners - it is extremely stable - but is also quick and agile. I look forward to developing flying skills with this aircraft."

I found this to be both discouraging and unbelievable. The first time I flew my MCPX 2 It was all over the place, and I had a bit of Sim experience first. He is flying the 120 SR in a very small place and, well it just seems impossible to pick it up so quickly, either that or he is a prodigy. Hmmmm. Anyway, after seeing this I grabbed my 120 SR and flew it in my basement family room. 22 x 22, didnt crash once, which I was very happy with.
http://youtu.be/cZ0hUcQ1KFo
If you have ideal eye/hand coordination, it's a plus in R/C. My 17-year-old son took his gas airplane with no sim experience and flew the sucker by himself to the great amazement of all the "mature" guys at the club. They all agreed that those who play a lot of games can do R/C with a headstart on it all. I, personally, struggled for months with trying to get my doggone thumbs to go left when want left and forward when I want up! Only now after 2 years can I use aileron to gracefully bank a turn on my SR 120 and I still crash the doggone thing.
Saxguy1000 is offline Find More Posts by Saxguy1000
Old Nov 18, 2012, 09:43 PM
Joined Feb 2012
471 Posts
Quote:

As you say, it is impossible to pick it up so quickly without any experience at all. He must have had experience.
The first time he brought it not the air he would have no idea at all where that heli would go or what its flying characteristics were - it would have been broken for certain. The fact also that he's catching it in flight is a good indicator that he has done this before.

Once you have experience it can be flown in a cupboard if anyone would want to do that.
midnite is offline Find More Posts by midnite
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:07 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,027 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnite View Post
As you say, it is impossible to pick it up so quickly without any experience at all. He must have had experience.
The first time he brought it not the air he would have no idea at all where that heli would go or what its flying characteristics were - it would have been broken for certain. The fact also that he's catching it in flight is a good indicator that he has done this before.

Once you have experience it can be flown in a cupboard if anyone would want to do that.
Shoot! Took me forever to fly my old air hogs havoc heli....!! LOL!!!
Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old Nov 20, 2012, 03:34 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
10,369 Posts
Quote:

IMHO, that vid was staged. That was a very experienced 120SR pilot on the sticks. The crashes were staged. Did anybody catch the credits at the end??? Oh Lord, someone gag me with a spoon. Worst "commercial" I've ever seen

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Nov 20, 2012, 05:33 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
Joined Dec 2010
3,027 Posts
What a beautiful autumn day.....64 degrees, 7 mph winds...took out the 120sr, MQX and MSRX for a few flights.....great time.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 06:00 PM
Which way is up?
Michigan, USA
Joined Mar 2008
686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake8131 View Post
What a beautiful autumn day.....64 degrees, 7 mph winds...took out the 120sr, MQX and MSRX for a few flights.....great time.
Same here, but even less wind! Which is a rarity around here. I flew my 120 SR outside too, and then even my MCX-2, which can handle NO wind, lol. Just a beautiful day, and two more coming up even nicer, if you believe the weathergirl. I may even take my boats out tomorrow along with my heli, one more run of the boats. Next year I hope to get some video of me flying one of my heli's along side one of my FE boats, that would look pretty cool.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 06:01 PM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,618 Posts
Ah, man, I'm jealous. It's been 10mph winds here for days and days.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 08:15 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
Joined Dec 2010
3,027 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxguy1000 View Post
Ah, man, I'm jealous. It's been 10mph winds here for days and days.
I thought you had an MQX???? They can handle the wind pretty darn well.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 09:08 PM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake8131 View Post
I thought you had an MQX???? They can handle the wind pretty darn well.
I understated the wind speed. It's also gusty and its not even slowing down much at dusk. I need a big warehouse.