HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 19, 2012, 06:08 AM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,807 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake8131 View Post
The DSMX are the newer models.....it will have th X on the next to the screen and a menu item called Modulation Type under the settings menu...you can toggle between DMS2 and DSMX...DSMX is backwards compatible with DSM2.
That's interesting... I didn't know that there are DSMX option on the DX6i. The only real difference is that you can fly up to 100 aircraft at the same area same time. Not really worth the money for a newbie doing park flying. Am I wrong? Is it worth it?
Saxguy1000 is offline Find More Posts by Saxguy1000
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 19, 2012, 06:10 AM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,807 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLT_GTI View Post
sometimes im having a hard time trimming the rudder...

its like slighty turning to one side , i do one click of rudder trim in the oposite direction and it begins slooowly turning the other way.. like if i cant get a neutral point..

any light on this?
I would say that it's your battery quality. My better batteries always solve problems like that.
Saxguy1000 is offline Find More Posts by Saxguy1000
Old Oct 19, 2012, 10:42 AM
Chesapeake Bay RC Club
USA, MD, Annapolis
Joined Feb 2005
4,823 Posts
Sounds pretty normal for this bird. My MSR does the same thing. Just fly it and remember that a heli will never stay in one place for very long. Nature of the beast.
Gary
Gary Hoorn is offline Find More Posts by Gary Hoorn
Old Oct 19, 2012, 10:43 AM
Easy on the Sticks!
United States, WY, Crowheart
Joined Aug 2011
2,923 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
I don't think FMS will work with Windows 7. At least it didn't for me.

Mike.
Found this on FMS and Win7 Mike and 120SR Fan:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1232609

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66807

BD
BattleDude is offline Find More Posts by BattleDude
Old Oct 19, 2012, 01:15 PM
Joined Nov 2009
55 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_of_49 View Post
Are you sure you're not looking at the version that comes with a receiver or the one with receiver and a servo?
Yes I'm looking at the correct one. The one with the reciever is even more.
Eastside777 is offline Find More Posts by Eastside777
Old Oct 19, 2012, 04:58 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
10,901 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleDude View Post
That is an April 2010 post I have Microsoft Flight Sim that Sonny let me download off his disc. I have to use my old 72mhz Esky TX though. I couldn't get it set up on my DX6i. If fact, there's a slot taken up on my DX6i with a sim I tried to download that another member pointed me to. One of those links sounds familiar. If I remember, it's not that simple and cut and dried. But then again, I'm a computer maroon

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Oct 19, 2012, 05:31 PM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
6,473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLT_GTI View Post
sometimes im having a hard time trimming the rudder...

its like slighty turning to one side , i do one click of rudder trim in the oposite direction and it begins slooowly turning the other way.. like if i cant get a neutral point..

any light on this?
The trim will change throughout your flight anyway as your battery gets used up... so I wouldn't worry about it. In fact, knowing it will do this, I usually trim it a bit off on purpose.
North_of_49 is offline Find More Posts by North_of_49
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 19, 2012, 08:44 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,133 Posts
Be forewarned.....weather is getting colder...any enemy to all lipo batteries....your outside flight times will most likely be cut in half when it gets cold...happens every year......embrace the 3 mins. fly times...that is all!
Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old Oct 19, 2012, 09:01 PM
Chesapeake Bay RC Club
USA, MD, Annapolis
Joined Feb 2005
4,823 Posts
I keep these little lipos in my pocket so they stay warm. Install them quickly and fly..
Gary
Gary Hoorn is offline Find More Posts by Gary Hoorn
Old Oct 19, 2012, 09:35 PM
Joined Mar 2008
10,901 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Hoorn View Post
I keep these little lipos in my pocket so they stay warm. Install them quickly and fly..
Gary
Good tip when you are flying out in the field. Some people even keep them in their breast pocket of their shirt, then zip your jacket/coat. I am blessed that I can step out back and fly the 120SR and my V4. I know people who live in apartments and need to travel to fly this class heli. I don't know about you Guys but, I prefer to fly outside. But a hall is nice to keep the thumbs agile, flexible and toned...

You Guys down Florida (south) have no worries. You just go from sandals to socks and sneakers and, change the color of your shorts from white to dark

Mike.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 11:02 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
6,473 Posts
My flight times were unaffected when flying my mcx2 and 120sr outdoors last January... about -3C to +3C (around freezing)... these are my 1S lipos that are around 150 and 500mah (give or take depending which brand).

There's an uninterrupted continuous video of the mcx2 on YouTube (linked in my blog) of me doing this... 6mins... which is almost what I was getting with it in the house at that time.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 19, 2012, 11:12 PM
Joined Mar 2008
10,901 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_of_49 View Post
My flight times were unaffected when flying my mcx2 and 120sr outdoors last January... about -3C to +3C (around freezing)... these are my 1S lipos that are around 150 and 500mah (give or take depending which brand).

There's an uninterrupted continuous video of the mcx2 on YouTube (linked in my blog) of me doing this... 6mins... which is almost what I was getting with it in the house at that time.
But, were your lipos sitting in the open cold for 15/20 minutes prior to flight? Or were they in your house nice and warm waiting patiently to serve

Just wondering

Mike.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 11:49 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
6,473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
But, were your lipos sitting in the open cold for 15/20 minutes prior to flight? Or were they in your house nice and warm waiting patiently to serve

Just wondering

Mike.
The latter
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 21, 2012, 08:07 AM
United Kingdom, England, Kent
Joined Sep 2012
396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleDude View Post
Thanks but I have given up trying to use FMS and helisim. I have used both XP and Win 7 using both the FMS USB dongle and the 3.5mm audio jack. I can get signals in using smartpropro and everything looks like it is going to work fine. But when calibrating and mapping signals are either all over the place and on heli sim i think it shows you how it sees the position of the control stick and they are not even close. Ive tried everything.

I've tried everything Ive heard about such as keeping recording and line in volumes down but when using smartpropro it looks like it should work perfectly as they are no stray signals.

Anyway. Although it is not my birthday yet my brother and sister in law came down as we went out on the town last night and I knew they had bought me a cheap chopper as I had asked for one and they insisted due to my obvious signs of withdrawels I opened it

It is really quite strange it is only three channel which I don't mind about as it is just for fun and better for training the wife but it doesnt use IR or 2.4GHz but the old 27MHz, it has a very long antenna with a 100 metre range and a 500mAH which says it gives a fly time of 10-12 mins!! So I finally have something to mess around with in the house and actually kind pf wondering what it will be like in a park with zero wind of course

So no more thought of sims probably till Christmas where I will get Phoenix and probably update to DX6i, and in the same vain of generosity I was shown my HP6DSM will go to a newbie who needs it.

In 10 tens days I should hopefully have three helis!!!!
SR120 fan is offline Find More Posts by SR120 fan
Last edited by SR120 fan; Oct 21, 2012 at 08:36 AM.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 09:53 AM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR120 fan View Post
It is really quite strange it is only three channel which I don't mind about as it is just for fun and better for training the wife but it doesnt use IR or 2.4GHz but the old 27MHz, it has a very long antenna with a 100 metre range and a 500mAH which says it gives a fly time of 10-12 mins!! So I finally have something to mess around with in the house and actually kind pf wondering what it will be like in a park with zero wind of course
So, what is "IT"?
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad