SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 15, 2012, 04:21 PM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
6,583 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxguy1000 View Post
Did you make wish for Sax to have fewer problems?
Damn, forgot about the wish thing
North_of_49 is online now Find More Posts by North_of_49
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 15, 2012, 04:49 PM
Oviedo
Joined Jun 2010
2,283 Posts
Well .. not a good day for my 120SR..

went to fly it ... light breeze... it was all over the place but under control .. only it had its jumpiness arround thanks to its 45 flybar everytime i let go the stick.. but ok

then i was doing a circle circuit at high speed and then sudenly it just droped down.. i tried to raise the nose to regain altitude but no effect.. hitted the ground, bounced..

not any visible damage .. the Bell 412 fuse was a bit cracked (one engine "exhaust" missing) ok.. i take off again and as soon as it lefts the ground it rockets sideways to the right..

Now i have to apply full left trim just to have it under control... i cant see why.. no linkage poped out, nothing seems bent.. links seem ok..

i think im going to revert it to stock 120SR form (now its a Bell 412 twin huey) and begin troubleshooting from there...
JLT_GTI is online now Find More Posts by JLT_GTI
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: CL-415 GuanLi
Old Oct 15, 2012, 05:44 PM
in memory of dez RIP
USA, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Jun 2008
2,493 Posts
just throwing this out there has any one in here recived there heli with an eflight charger that does not fit the connector on the battery ????? i say this because i did a trade with a member and had never inspected or removed the stock supplied charger and he is saying it does not fit the battery whats up with that am i missing something ???? the only thing removed from the box as new was the heli and battery nothing else .. thanks for the replies
wayne .
rcphreak is offline Find More Posts by rcphreak
Old Oct 15, 2012, 05:48 PM
Oviedo
Joined Jun 2010
2,283 Posts
The stock charger comes with an adaptor since its plug is for the microbatteries.. so it comes with an adaptor micro-batt to JST
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 15, 2012, 06:04 PM
in memory of dez RIP
USA, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Jun 2008
2,493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLT_GTI View Post
The stock charger comes with an adaptor since its plug is for the microbatteries.. so it comes with an adaptor micro-batt to JST
great so they shorted me a plug why couldnt they just make it charge the stupid batt for this heli and piss on an adapter for what ever micro batt adaptor what a crock now im looking like an ass because of it . thanks for the reply my friend ill see if i can dig up an adaptor at my local lhs and send it to him .. they should give me one as i had bought it there but just never used the stock charger so i never knew .. agin thank you for the quick reply ..
Old Oct 15, 2012, 06:10 PM
Oviedo
Joined Jun 2010
2,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcphreak View Post
great so they shorted me a plug why couldnt they just make it charge the stupid batt for this heli and piss on an adapter for what ever micro batt adaptor what a crock now im looking like an ass because of it . thanks for the reply my friend ill see if i can dig up an adaptor at my local lhs and send it to him .. they should give me one as i had bought it there but just never used the stock charger so i never knew .. agin thank you for the quick reply ..
More exactly the stock charger looks like this:

you can see the adapter in the photo
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 15, 2012, 06:16 PM
in memory of dez RIP
USA, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Jun 2008
2,493 Posts
thank you ill have to buy one for him thank you verry much ..
Old Oct 15, 2012, 07:32 PM
Oviedo
Joined Jun 2010
2,283 Posts
Well .. seems that the damage was body related..

i just reconverted the 120 from the TwinHuey body to the stock form.. just tested ..it flew totally normal and quite stable (50% throotle to hover with the 950mAh battery ).. and it did it with trims neutraled... maybe the Huey body was giving it some wrong incidence with the tail rotor wich was 90 aligned with the main rotor.

Is that the correct angle by the way? tail rotor has to be totally perperndicular to main?
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 15, 2012, 08:28 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
6,583 Posts
Quote:
Well .. seems that the damage was body related..

i just reconverted the 120 from the TwinHuey body to the stock form.. just tested ..it flew totally normal and quite stable (50% throotle to hover with the 950mAh battery ).. and it did it with trims neutraled... maybe the Huey body was giving it some wrong incidence with the tail rotor wich was 90 aligned with the main rotor.

Is that the correct angle by the way? tail rotor has to be totally perperndicular to main?
Nope... perpendicular to the ground... regardless of the natural tilt of the heli to one side.

If you picture that... and think about hovering while giving left or right rudder... it's easy to see why that's just common sense... no voodoo here
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 15, 2012, 08:40 PM
Oviedo
Joined Jun 2010
2,283 Posts
So i do have to tilt the rotor a bit to one side?
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 15, 2012, 08:51 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,181 Posts
I have always checked to make sure my tail rotor is 90 to my main rotor. I also make sure my tail rotor blades are "shaped" and "formed" at 90 to the boom and main blades. IE: tail rotor blades should not be curled inward (the usual if not cared for). Work them with your thumb and finger to get a good pitch and the tail rotor spins true when flicked with your finger. Trust me....it will make a huge difference

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:21 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,400 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_of_49 View Post
Just stepped out the front door to have a smoke and saw a meteor streak across the sky right before me and fizzle out... that's a first, talk about timing. Local police heli was in the same area of the sky with nose toward it... he must have seen it too.

It didn't look very high ... man it was cruisin' fast and leaving a long bright sizzling trail behind it!
Are you sure it wasn't just some guy jumping from the stratosphere, burning up coming back to earth?
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:51 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,603 Posts
Well then it seems this behavior is normal, although CP helis don't do this and I don't recall anybody complaining of this over in the MJX F45 thread. We'll try it again when my parts come in.
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:02 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
6,583 Posts
Quote:
So i do have to tilt the rotor a bit to one side?
If the heli has a natural tilt to the side to stay hovered over a spot on the ground... to the right for example, and you put your tail rotor 90 degrees to your main rotor, and give right or left rudder and stay on it and try to spin in one spot like a top... your nose is going to end up pointed slightly toward the ground... then to the sky... then to the ground... then to the sky... in other words, the heli won't stay put over that one spot... it will move around laterally... the spinning axis is not truly vertical or perpendicular to the ground...

... if you set your tail rotor perpendicular to the horizon, regardless of how the heli wants to tilt to sit still in a perfect hands off hover (the reason it does that is a whole other discussion and it's natural) then any left or right rudder input will make the heli spin on a true imaginary vertical axis (truly perpendicular to the ground and slightly off from your main shaft axis) over that spot on the ground and not move around... it will spin in place like a top.

I think we discussed this here before. I seem to remember someone even called HH who confirmed... not that I need them to tell me that... that's just simple physics and a bit of common sense

I was just going to say search this thread for the word "horizon" and you should find the discussion... but just realized why that's not the best search term

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
Are you sure it wasn't just some guy jumping from the stratosphere, burning up coming back to earth?
I actually have that loaded up in another browser window right now... haven't watched it yet

Was just watching meteor streaks (fireballs) on YouTube... it was definitely that. I just did a report on a website for that stuff... a few others reported and described it too. Only lasted a couple of seconds but it was bright as fireworks and lit up the light cloud cover. Didn't have time to take a pic or video even though I had my iPod in my hand... it actually startled me... like, "holy ... what was that?!!!!"
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by North_of_49; Oct 15, 2012 at 10:07 PM.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 09:37 PM
United Kingdom, England, Kent
Joined Sep 2012
396 Posts
Eagerly awaiting my SR120 from BD. if they gave you a tracker mate can you message it to me so i can stalk it. Should be 16 digits. I also did the trick to get the HP6DSM to work on sims and its working with fms. Took bloody ages though. Will try the heli sim next. i will get phoenix eventually.
SR120 fan is offline Find More Posts by SR120 fan