Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 14, 2012, 08:28 PM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,817 Posts
The price of the R/C hobby came down considerably for me this month. At least, when you take the relative value.

3 weeks ago, I splurged and finally got the new guttering around the house. Price? Just $3800. That's when everything hit the fan!! ...
2 weeks ago, I "fixed" the dishwasher for $200.
Last week, got the car's engine light to go out for $300.
This week, I got two estimates for my home furnace that went out: $850.
Next week, I need to get two 18" tires for my wife's car: $300+.

Hey, what's the price of an SAB Goblin 770? Just a measly $ 1,199.99!!! What am I waiting for?????

Is there anybody out there who can predict the future to let me know if there is any more of this crap on the way?????? No, don't tell me: I LIKE surprises!!!!!
Saxguy1000 is offline Find More Posts by Saxguy1000
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 14, 2012, 09:44 PM
Look ma, no hands!
United States, WI, Sheboygan
Joined Aug 2011
1,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxguy1000 View Post
The price of the R/C hobby came down considerably for me this month. At least, when you take the relative value.

3 weeks ago, I splurged and finally got the new guttering around the house. Price? Just $3800. That's when everything hit the fan!! ...

Hey, what's the price of an SAB Goblin 770? Just a measly $ 1,199.99!!! What am I waiting for?????

Is there anybody out there who can predict the future to let me know if there is any more of this crap on the way?????? No, don't tell me: I LIKE surprises!!!!!
So how old did you say your refrigerator/washer/dryer/microwave/hot water heater are? HOW old? Ooh, that's bad!
1Pilgrim is offline Find More Posts by 1Pilgrim
Old Oct 14, 2012, 09:48 PM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,817 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Pilgrim View Post
So how old did you say your refrigerator/washer/dryer/microwave/hot water heater are? HOW old? Ooh, that's bad!
Ha! I was worried about the hot water heater... piece of cake!!!!
Old Oct 14, 2012, 10:13 PM
Easy on the Sticks!
United States, WY, Crowheart
Joined Aug 2011
3,094 Posts
Quote:

I am thinkin you need a raincoat.... when it rains, it pours. But don't worry, the rain always stops! Eventually!
BD
BattleDude is offline Find More Posts by BattleDude
Old Oct 14, 2012, 11:30 PM
St. Louis, Mo.
Joined Jun 2008
394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
It works great on the ground. It's something in the geometry that makes it bank hard right in forward flight. I will try the mix suggested but this heli should NOT need a mix to fly. Maybe something is binding in the swash under forward flight. Need to hold it in my hand and power it up hard. Of course it may act normal held still. Might be another funny video!!!
I had the same problem with mine and I posted on here for answers. I searched for it tonight and found it. Go to page 967 post 14501 and it is explaned why this occurs. Hope this helps.
Ron
rwek is offline Find More Posts by rwek
Old Oct 15, 2012, 01:44 AM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
6,560 Posts
Just stepped out the front door to have a smoke and saw a meteor streak across the sky right before me and fizzle out... that's a first, talk about timing. Local police heli was in the same area of the sky with nose toward it... he must have seen it too.

It didn't look very high ... man it was cruisin' fast and leaving a long bright sizzling trail behind it!
North_of_49 is online now Find More Posts by North_of_49
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 15, 2012, 06:12 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,599 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_of_49 View Post
Just stepped out the front door to have a smoke and saw a meteor streak across the sky right before me and fizzle out... that's a first, talk about timing. Local police heli was in the same area of the sky with nose toward it... he must have seen it too.

It didn't look very high ... man it was cruisin' fast and leaving a long bright sizzling trail behind it!
It was likely quite high, these things rarely make it past the upper atmosphere
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Oct 15, 2012, 06:15 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,599 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwek View Post
I had the same problem with mine and I posted on here for answers. I searched for it tonight and found it. Go to page 967 post 14501 and it is explaned why this occurs. Hope this helps.
Ron
Thanks for that, but this is severe. I have watched many videos of this and other FP helis and none do it. When my parts arrive I will install the links, new main and tail blades and flybar and try again with the mix. We shall see.
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Oct 15, 2012, 06:15 AM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,817 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_of_49 View Post

Did you make wish for Sax to have fewer problems?
Old Oct 15, 2012, 06:30 AM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,184 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for that, but this is severe. I have watched many videos of this and other FP helis and none do it. When my parts arrive I will install the links, new main and tail blades and flybar and try again with the mix. We shall see.
My brand new MSR when given FFF wants to go to the right and into the ground with actually 'FLYING' it...everyone thinks that a FP will fly like a coax...no...the FP has to be flown with both hands making corrections, applying correct cyclic and just plain flying it..
Jake8131 is offline Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old Oct 15, 2012, 07:36 AM
Wind you go around in circles
United States, FL, Middleburg
Joined Jan 2012
1,362 Posts
Quote:
Hi, I had the same problem. I use a Dx6i and some settings in it helped, also time on the sticks will help as the 120sr is different in it own way than other birds. With mine that right turn was severe and it seemed others did not have the problem. What made a big difference for me is when I did my flybar mod, "See my Blog". I dont use paddles at all and the cost was very little. I love the way she flies. This mod may or may not work for you, just something you could try. The 120sr is a very good little heli when you get her setup the way you like. Hope this helps, WS
Wind Spirit is offline Find More Posts by Wind Spirit
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:06 AM
United Kingdom, England, Kent
Joined Sep 2012
396 Posts
My radio has finally made it here from BD.!!! Thanks a lot buddy and for the linkages

Can't wait to try it out
SR120 fan is offline Find More Posts by SR120 fan
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:38 AM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,115 Posts
Quote:

Why do you need a dishwasher? You're married right!

That's why they make black electrical tape. Cover the light!

If the black smoke is going up the chimney...don't worry!

You never been to a junk yard???

And you are still thinking of a new heli? You want your dishwasher to stay around right?

So many choices

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Oct 15, 2012, 12:50 PM
Easy on the Sticks!
Joined Aug 2011
3,094 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR120 fan View Post
My radio has finally made it here from BD.!!! Thanks a lot buddy and for the linkages

Can't wait to try it out
Sweet! Yo welcome Bro. You will like it me thinks!
Your 120SR went out this AM. Don't, I repeat, DO NOT wreck this one ! lol jk!

BD
Old Oct 15, 2012, 12:57 PM
Easy on the Sticks!
Joined Aug 2011
3,094 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake8131 View Post
My brand new MSR when given FFF wants to go to the right and into the ground with actually 'FLYING' it...everyone thinks that a FP will fly like a coax...no...the FP has to be flown with both hands making corrections, applying correct cyclic and just plain flying it..
I flew 2 of my 120's this AM in a vacant 32x40 shop with a 12' ceiling. I trimmed them out perfectly. (could hover hands off at least 10 seconds) I then experimented with short bursts of FFF. Sure enough, when I hit the throttle lightly and nosed down, the bird pulled noticeably to the right, and this was just a very small burst. Just the nature of the beast with all default settings.