HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 13, 2012, 06:32 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,037 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR120 fan View Post
also can anyone point me in the direction of a photo of a 120SR computer board with all the wiring connections to the servos and rear motor. i stupidly didnt take a photo before i started this calamitous adventurel. one component burnt out and was removed. to me this means the board is screwed.

i was also wiring everything into tne back but im going to try and wire them how they should be to the fromt.

i know im clutching at straws but i do have another coming from the states and a MCX2 here but can't touch for 20 days so things aren't so bad but i would really like to know where i went wrong.

if anyonther has the time would they be kind enough to take a photo front and back of the board showing where each coloured wired get soldered to. remember i have no connectors and everything is soldered.

i know its a lot to ask but would be so grateful.

im going to get me a modelling soldering iron today or order one online
early morning and I'm not quite awake yet, but here ya go (best I could do right now )
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 13, 2012, 07:04 AM
United Kingdom, England, Kent
Joined Sep 2012
396 Posts
EDrdnuckel that's brilliant!! Thanks a lot. just one last thing please. On the left hand servo from the front. Can you tell me which coloured wire (red or blue) is attached higher then the other. Cheers Bud
SR120 fan is offline Find More Posts by SR120 fan
Old Oct 13, 2012, 07:34 AM
MJF
Waiting Fer Da SEFF
United States, GA, Perry
Joined Jul 2010
1,319 Posts
mine still flys.....even with all the dust on it....

missed this lil heli....
MJF is offline Find More Posts by MJF
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: got another plane
Old Oct 13, 2012, 07:34 AM
MJF
Waiting Fer Da SEFF
United States, GA, Perry
Joined Jul 2010
1,319 Posts
how you guys been
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 13, 2012, 07:35 AM
MJF
Waiting Fer Da SEFF
United States, GA, Perry
Joined Jul 2010
1,319 Posts
oh crap.....its time to leave for HHAEFI 7...........yehawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 13, 2012, 07:40 AM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,115 Posts
Don't know if you realize it but, the board is flipped up-side-down in the second pic..

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Oct 13, 2012, 07:42 AM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJF View Post
oh crap.....its time to leave for HHAEFI 7...........yehawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Have fun Guy. I'm jealous...green with envy

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Oct 13, 2012, 10:52 AM
Joined Sep 2012
396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
Don't know if you realize it but, the board is flipped up-side-down in the second pic..

Mike.
yeah I made sense of it.

Sorry guys one more question. As I don't have have connectors anymore and everything is soldered. Could someone please tell me in regards to the rear boom which wire colour (gold or red) goes into what colour in the connector that enters the board (black or red).

Thanks
Old Oct 13, 2012, 10:56 AM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,184 Posts
Thanks everyone

thanks to all the helped me....i am back on helifreaks and am enjoying myself to no end...thanks again!
Jake8131 is offline Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old Oct 13, 2012, 10:56 AM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
Joined Dec 2010
3,184 Posts
Quote:
yeah I made sense of it.

Sorry guys one more question. As I don't have have connectors anymore and everything is soldered. Could someone please tell me in regards to the rear boom which wire colour (gold or red) goes into what colour in the connector that enters the board (black or red).

Thanks
black on top, red on bottom.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 11:04 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,037 Posts
Quote:
yeah I made sense of it.

Thanks
on the one I have here in front of me, gold goes to black and red goes to red - seems kind of the most logical way to me, but then again, with this stuff you never know ...
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 13, 2012, 12:13 PM
Joined Sep 2012
396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
on the one I have here in front of me, gold goes to black and red goes to red - seems kind of the most logical way to me, but then again, with this stuff you never know ...
Thanks a lot. I'm good to give it a go now. I think I may have damaged the board anway but I'm going to give it one more shot and am going to do it properly.

Cheers

ps

If anyone sees a used 5in1 board for sale anywhere can they send me a private message please, unless of course i get this one working. Stranger things have happened. How bad can a burnt out and removed component really be
Last edited by SR120 fan; Oct 13, 2012 at 02:40 PM.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:09 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
Joined Dec 2010
3,184 Posts
Quote:
Thanks a lot. I'm good to give it a go now. I think I may have damaged the board anway but I'm going to give it one more shot and am going to do it properly.

Cheers

ps

If anyone sees a used 5in1 board for sale anywhere can they send me a private message please, unless of course i get this one working. Stranger things have happened. How bad can a burnt out and removed component really be
As my daddy once said:

IF IT AINT BROKE, DON'T FIX IT!!!!
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:55 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
Joined Dec 2010
3,184 Posts
SR120FAN,

Some advice when you get your new 5n1:

Old Oct 13, 2012, 04:10 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,599 Posts
OK, I still need help. My 120 SR dive bombs to the right when I fly fortward. It banks hard to the right and goes downward. You guys said you needed a video. Well I FINALLY had a chance to make one, my 8 year old son with the camera, and it was a fiasco to say the least. I got the sun in my eyes and put it in a tree. When I got it out, one of the flybar to blade links was missing, so I could not redo the video. I hate to order a link for a heli that can't fly. This heli is dead simple like a solo pro, the flybar is perfect, can't imagine what is up. It goes in the direction the swash tilts, being a 45 degree swashplate. I have no mixing on my Tx, it is in heli mode and when I give it elevator, only that servo moves. The video is not much help but you can kinda see it do it at :08. The rest of the video is funny for those of you who have kids.Getting it stuck in a tree, my little girl calls me a big monkey when I try to shake the limbs, my wife yelling at her to get out of the street, and my hyperactive boy filming it all. Priceless...

Blade 120SR dive bombs to the right in forward flight (1 min 53 sec)
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72