Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:13 AM
Easy on the Sticks!
United States, WY, Crowheart
Joined Aug 2011
3,339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake8131 View Post
Still no go....hmmmmmm.
My HeliFreak works fine Jake. Did you try contacting HeliFreak to see if they have any ideas for a solution?

BD
BattleDude is offline Find More Posts by BattleDude
Old Oct 12, 2012, 03:01 PM
United Kingdom, England, Kent
Joined Sep 2012
396 Posts
The solder surgery turned out to be a disaster and I don't really know where I went wrong. I have spent the last 6 hours on it and it has never been in a better state then it was when I started the repairs and I never thought I went wrong.

If anyone is interested I can discuss it tomorrow as I have had enough tonight and have pretty much written the heli off for spares as BD is sending me another one.

Just a quick question. What does it mean when the red LED on the computer board is always on? I tried rebinding and everything but i never had control of any component.

Something even smouldered. I could do probably do with a plan layout of the servos and rear boom wires as even though i wrote everything down I would hate it to be something as simple as wiring it up wrong but I'm sure its more then that

A very frustrating day to say t he least.

ps. What is that gold wire being the track on the servo that is in a kind of box in which the rods attach for?
SR120 fan is offline Find More Posts by SR120 fan
Old Oct 12, 2012, 03:19 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,267 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleDude View Post
My HeliFreak works fine Jake. Did you try contacting HeliFreak to see if they have any ideas for a solution?

BD
I guess my router is banned..my son can get on with his phone...I need some one to leave TowPilot an message saying that PFloyd cannot get on.
Jake8131 is offline Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old Oct 12, 2012, 04:06 PM
Registered Abuser
Kelowna, BC Canada
Joined Nov 2010
270 Posts
Quote:
I guess my router is banned..my son can get on with his phone...I need some one to leave TowPilot an message saying that PFloyd cannot get on.
You're PFloyd? I "recognize" you...

I can send that msg for ya. I'll just link him to your profile here to contact you.
Chris.S. is offline Find More Posts by Chris.S.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 04:08 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Aug 2011
637 Posts
Quote:
Try resetting your modem, you should get a new IP addy. If you are using a wireless router, after the reset, you may have to re configure your wireless router.
Blackanthem is online now Find More Posts by Blackanthem
Old Oct 12, 2012, 04:18 PM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
6,744 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackanthem View Post
Try resetting your modem, you should get a new IP addy. If you are using a wireless router, after the reset, you may have to re configure your wireless router.
That usually doesn't work these days unless he's on some sort of dynamic IP dial-up, if he's on any kind of broadband his IP will only change maybe twice a year... meaning... technically it is dynamic but behaves more like a static IP.

my money is on that it's a local security software related issue (firewall, antivirus, spyware/malware blocker etc,)
North_of_49 is offline Find More Posts by North_of_49
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 12, 2012, 04:24 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,538 Posts
Sometimes web site would ban a block of IP addresses, fending off virus attacks. I think Jake has the unfortunate scenario of having one of those IP addresses.

I don't know enough to solve it, but I think Jake needs to find out what his IP addy is and Email the web master over at HeliFreak.
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Oct 12, 2012, 04:54 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Aug 2011
637 Posts
From a command prompt type IPCONFIG you will find your IP
Blackanthem is online now Find More Posts by Blackanthem
Old Oct 12, 2012, 08:26 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
Joined Dec 2010
3,267 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR120 fan View Post
The solder surgery turned out to be a disaster and I don't really know where I went wrong. I have spent the last 6 hours on it and it has never been in a better state then it was when I started the repairs and I never thought I went wrong.

If anyone is interested I can discuss it tomorrow as I have had enough tonight and have pretty much written the heli off for spares as BD is sending me another one.

Just a quick question. What does it mean when the red LED on the computer board is always on? I tried rebinding and everything but i never had control of any component.

Something even smouldered. I could do probably do with a plan layout of the servos and rear boom wires as even though i wrote everything down I would hate it to be something as simple as wiring it up wrong but I'm sure its more then that

A very frustrating day to say t he least.

ps. What is that gold wire being the track on the servo that is in a kind of box in which the rods attach for?
Box?????
Old Oct 12, 2012, 08:27 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
Joined Dec 2010
3,267 Posts
I got on helifreak on my sons 3g phone...and left the webmaster mail....Chris S. and a few others left messages (thanks)....they are working on it I guess.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 09:58 PM
Joined Sep 2012
396 Posts
Quote:
Box?????
Behind where the rod links attach to. They look like brushes. You have to take the servo off.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:03 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
Joined Dec 2010
3,267 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR120 fan View Post
Behind where the rod links attach to. They look like brushes. You have to take the servo off.
Those are called fingers...don't mess with those....or the servo will never operate correctly..do not bend or even look funny at them.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 12:17 AM
Joined Sep 2012
396 Posts
Quote:
Those are called fingers...don't mess with those....or the servo will never operate correctly..do not bend or even look funny at them.
Say one had not only looked funny at them, but had outrightly insulted their mother

i played with them with my screw driver Should they be flat or protrudimg a bit or is it just too late for me?

What is their role?
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:14 AM
Joined Sep 2012
396 Posts
also can anyone point me in the direction of a photo of a 120SR computer board with all the wiring connections to the servos and rear motor. i stupidly didnt take a photo before i started this calamitous adventurel. one component burnt out and was removed. to me this means the board is screwed.

i was also wiring everything into tne back but im going to try and wire them how they should be to the fromt.

i know im clutching at straws but i do have another coming from the states and a MCX2 here but can't touch for 20 days so things aren't so bad but i would really like to know where i went wrong.

if anyonther has the time would they be kind enough to take a photo front and back of the board showing where each coloured wired get soldered to. remember i have no connectors and everything is soldered.

i know its a lot to ask but would be so grateful.

im going to get me a modelling soldering iron today or order one online