HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 10, 2012, 05:03 PM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,865 Posts
@Jake: I guess RCGroups will have to be good enough for you!!!
Saxguy1000 is offline Find More Posts by Saxguy1000
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2012, 05:16 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxguy1000 View Post
@Jake: I guess RCGroups will have to be good enough for you!!!
Yep!!!
Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:30 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,763 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake8131 View Post
I STILL can't get on Helifreak. com!!!
Looks like you've been banned! Just hang with us.
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:57 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
Joined Dec 2010
3,391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
Looks like you've been banned! Just hang with us.
I can't take it anymore....help!

Old Oct 11, 2012, 08:13 AM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,865 Posts
When I have this problem--can't get to certain wep pages--at work, I just call the IT dude. Have you tried that?
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:02 AM
Registered Abuser
Kelowna, BC Canada
Joined Nov 2010
270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake8131 View Post
I can't take it anymore....help!

I got locked out for a little while too but I'm back on now.

Apparently someone uploaded a .zip that had a corrupted file in it which caused the site to red-flagged by many anti-virus programs. The file wasn't spread and has been dealt with now. I got that info from their site the other day but I can't seem to find it now.

You should be able to find a way to override something in some security settings somewhere...
Chris.S. is offline Find More Posts by Chris.S.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 03:01 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
Joined Dec 2010
3,391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris.S. View Post
I got locked out for a little while too but I'm back on now.

Apparently someone uploaded a .zip that had a corrupted file in it which caused the site to red-flagged by many anti-virus programs. The file wasn't spread and has been dealt with now. I got that info from their site the other day but I can't seem to find it now.

You should be able to find a way to override something in some security settings somewhere...
Still no go....hmmmmmm.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 04:33 PM
United Kingdom, England, Kent
Joined Sep 2012
526 Posts
Got all my parts to fix up my 120SR and the tx BD sent me is in the country. I just have to collect it from a depot or wait till Monday for them to deliver it

Hope to have it all fixed up by tomorrow night but there is quite a lot of soldering that needs doing and I don't want to mess it up by rushing. Fingers crossed it does the trick.
SR120 fan is offline Find More Posts by SR120 fan
Old Oct 11, 2012, 04:56 PM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,865 Posts
"Quite a bit of soldering"? Wow, are you building a Frankenheli?
Old Oct 11, 2012, 06:01 PM
Joined Sep 2012
526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxguy1000 View Post
"Quite a bit of soldering"? Wow, are you building a Frankenheli?
haha

There have been few issues along the line, resulting in none of the components that have connectors actually have connectors now and all the wiring that is meant to be soldered to the front of the board is now at the back of the board lol.

It all seemed to work though, but now i have to put a new servo on and the wires are tiny compared to my huge soldering iron, take of the connector of my new rear boom and wire into the board. change the swash plate and add the links and we are a go go.

Ive been told to not go near it once its fixed till i have the new tx BD sent me but i wont have it until Monday so its going to take a lot of restraint.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 08:07 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR120 fan View Post
haha

There have been few issues along the line, resulting in none of the components that have connectors actually have connectors now and all the wiring that is meant to be soldered to the front of the board is now at the back of the board lol.

It all seemed to work though, but now i have to put a new servo on and the wires are tiny compared to my huge soldering iron, take of the connector of my new rear boom and wire into the board. change the swash plate and add the links and we are a go go.

Ive been told to not go near it once its fixed till i have the new tx BD sent me but i wont have it until Monday so its going to take a lot of restraint.
While you are waiting for the TX BD sent you there are a couple mods you could do before you take flight. Click on my user name and scroll down to "120SR must do mods." Just click on the link. All I did was compile a few things other members have contributed to. I did this to preserve easy access for people just getting into the 120SR. So, please, do not thank me..

BTW, if there is any chance to splice wires "then" solder...do it!

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:39 PM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
7,634 Posts
Quote:

... but now i have to put a new servo on and the wires are tiny compared to my huge soldering iron,

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1619368
North_of_49 is offline Find More Posts by North_of_49
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DX9 HobbyZone Champ RUD>AIL Mix
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:18 AM
Joined Sep 2012
526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_of_49 View Post
That's a great link and will be half useful but unfortunately one of my servo wires has already come off the board through no fault(must have done something, but not deliberate) of my own

Other wise that would have been great.

Thanks
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:27 AM
Joined Sep 2012
526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
While you are waiting for the TX BD sent you there are a couple mods you could do before you take flight. Click on my user name and scroll down to "120SR must do mods." Just click on the link. All I did was compile a few things other members have contributed to. I did this to preserve easy access for people just getting into the 120SR. So, please, do not thank me..

BTW, if there is any chance to splice wires "then" solder...do it!

Mike.
As I have two days I will check out all of the mods. I was tempted to go get the tx from the depot but it is a little far out of my way. It is in my university city but I normally get the train there as I get a discounted ticket because of my wife's work plus it gives me time to do (how sad at 29) homework which I have to do before I get there or they don't let you in the lab and that is as bad as it gets at my school.

I'm already staring at my soldering iron with adoring eyes. It has been half way around the world with me and fixed many a laptop and I'm sure it will do an admirable job.

Big thanks to Battle Dude for the radio. I'm so excited and if I make a mess of the repair at least I will eventually have another one 120SR as I'm getting one of him.

Will have to fit sometime in with the wife or it won't go down well. I'll work it out

Off to uni at the ridiculous time of 625am!! Speak to you soon chaps when I have my iron plugged in. Probably in about 9 hours.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 08:49 AM
Epilepsy Awareness
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,869 Posts
Quote:
<SNIP>

Will have to fit sometime in with the wife or it won't go down well. I'll work it out
No worries Mate. She'll turn out to be the "perfect RC wife"

The Perfect RC Wife (5 min 5 sec)

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012