HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 07, 2012, 04:51 PM
United Kingdom, England, Kent
Joined Sep 2012
396 Posts
Oh and you will all be happy to know Ive pulled off all the glued links and accidently broke a cable that will need soldering so there is no risk of premature crashulation. I will order the parts tomorrow off the same site I got my heli. They are a little dearer but all in stock and will come next day.
SR120 fan is offline Find More Posts by SR120 fan
Last edited by SR120 fan; Oct 08, 2012 at 06:11 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 07, 2012, 04:55 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR120 fan View Post
Yes it was the mSR version i was referring to not the X version.

Do you think it is suitable for indoor flight?
I am not Jake, but absolutely (I flew my mSR in my "living room" in circles and figure 8s, forward and backward ... and the space I got is about 8x12ft !!)
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Why I L-O-V-E miracle mart ...
Old Oct 07, 2012, 05:04 PM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,835 Posts
Quote:
A minature version of the 120SR is what I am looking for and the fact it is still your favourite can't be a band thing. Do you find the AS3X stability is better when flying more dramatically as opposed to more basic manoeuvres as from the videos I was watching people were saying that just basic hovering on the mSRX took a lot of hands on control and concentration compared with the mSR which was far more simple. The dramatic stuff can wait for me if this is the case
Jake & Erd have said it, but the mSR flies very similar to the 120, but in miniature. The mSRX with the AS3X is good and bad, too. It has it's own quirks and you'll be on those forums to see why as I've been doing lately. The short of it, however, is that it's obviously more stable and can supposedly fly into wind, too. But, if you get used to flying it, it won't do you as much good as the mSR (which doesn't fly into wind too well.) Indoors, it's a great training tool. I learned how to do hurricanes indoor--of course it cost me a lot of parts!
Saxguy1000 is offline Find More Posts by Saxguy1000
Old Oct 07, 2012, 05:17 PM
Easy on the Sticks!
United States, WY, Crowheart
Joined Aug 2011
3,273 Posts
Quote:
It's no bother if it doesn't work BD. I'm just grateful for a better remote then the standard plus an extra remote for the missus who I will force to get into the hobby.
Well... after the link that BlackAnthem posted, I am confident the HP6DSM will work now. And the cable supplied with Phoenix is the only one you would need.

And I sure wish I had a missus I could force!!!

BD
BattleDude is offline Find More Posts by BattleDude
Old Oct 07, 2012, 05:19 PM
Joined Mar 2009
9,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxguy1000 View Post
Jake & Erd have said it, but the mSR flies very similar to the 120, but in miniature. The mSRX with the AS3X is good and bad, too. It has it's own quirks and you'll be on those forums to see why as I've been doing lately. The short of it, however, is that it's obviously more stable and can supposedly fly into wind, too. But, if you get used to flying it, it won't do you as much good as the mSR (which doesn't fly into wind too well.) Indoors, it's a great training tool. I learned how to do hurricanes indoor--of course it cost me a lot of parts!
Why that?? can you please elaborate just a tiny bit??
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 07, 2012, 05:27 PM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
6,679 Posts
mSR can be just as docile as my mCX2 indoors if you're easy on the sticks and it's set up and working properly (nothing causing TBE). I can land mine all day long on a TV table. If you're limited on space you just have to be easy on aileron... this thing can lean quite hard and dart off quick... and be into the wall if you're not on top of it I bought my mSR specifically for indoor FP training.
North_of_49 is offline Find More Posts by North_of_49
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 07, 2012, 09:06 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,258 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_of_49 View Post
mSR can be just as docile as my mCX2 indoors if you're easy on the sticks and it's set up and working properly (nothing causing TBE). I can land mine all day long on a TV table. If you're limited on space you just have to be easy on aileron... this thing can lean quite hard and dart off quick... and be into the wall if you're not on top of it I bought my mSR specifically for indoor FP training.
While flying indoors during the winter I like to kick back with a cold one (or not) and keep the 'ole thumbs warmed up on the good 'ole MCX until spring

The only thing "MSR" that I have is on my MCX. The swashplate

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Oct 07, 2012, 09:14 PM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,835 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
Sax: ..."it's obviously more stable and can supposedly fly into wind, too. But, if you get used to flying it, it won't do you as much good as the mSR..." Why that?? can you please elaborate just a tiny bit??
The MSRX, IMHO, is better to train for the mCPX. It's tendencies reminded me very much of when I had my mCPX (before it got run over--story a few months back.) It doesn't handle like the MSR or 120 in that it has a tendency to bolt. There are also tricks to get it to behave like the "M&M" that I was recently brought up on. I can't explain all the differences since I haven't even flown it that much, yet. I am saving it for my winter fun indoors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
While flying indoors during the winter I like to kick back with a cold one (or not) and keep the 'ole thumbs warmed up on the good 'ole MCX until spring

Mike.
You have an mSR swash on the mCX?? What does that do for you? Anything?
Old Oct 07, 2012, 09:14 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
6,679 Posts
Quote:

Mike.
Yup... that's what my mCX2 is for as well... relaxing flying from the couch during TV commercials...

... my mCX S300 has the mSR swash... or maybe it was the mCX2 swash (they're nearly identical, but one is dirt cheap)
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 07, 2012, 09:18 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,258 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_of_49 View Post
Yup... that's what my mCX2 is for as well... relaxing flying from the couch during TV commercials...

... my mCX S300 has the mSR swash... or maybe it was the mCX2 swash (they're nearly identical, but one is dirt cheap)
What a hoot eh North
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Oct 07, 2012, 09:25 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
6,679 Posts
Quote:
What a hoot eh North
Yeah, my helis haven't got much love since I bought the Champ, Losi-XXX-SCB and Slash Ford Raptor... which is basically the last half year... but I fired up the mCX2 a while back to test my Champ batteries when I was having issues and it all came back to me how much I love that little coax

I came across a vid I shot that was destined for the Tube of doing nose-in funnels with the 120 when we were discussing it here back in late spring... should get that thing uploaded sometime.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 07, 2012, 09:27 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
6,679 Posts
Quote:

You have an mSR swash on the mCX?? What does that do for you? Anything?
gives you short and long balls (for more throw)... the original mCX's swash doesn't have the dual setup. (sorry, just realized that one was for Mike)

EDIT
both mCX2 and mSR swashes are suitable "upgrades."
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 08, 2012, 06:20 AM
United Kingdom, England, Kent
Joined Sep 2012
396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
I am not Jake, but absolutely (I flew my mSR in my "living room" in circles and figure 8s, forward and backward ... and the space I got is about 8x12ft !!)
Quote:
That's great news guys and exactly what I wanted to hear so the mSR is what I'm going with. I heard rumours it wasn't being produced anymore because of the mSRX version! But im sure I can hunt it down somewhere. I'm at uni now but on my way home so will have a good look now. The shop I normally use only has the X version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleDude View Post

Well... after the link that BlackAnthem posted, I am confident the HP6DSM will work now. And the cable supplied with Phoenix is the only one you would need.

And I sure wish I had a missus I could force!!!

BD
Well that's awesome news (the remote not the lack of a forceable missus) and if it doesnt work it's just another excuse to get the DX6i that much quicker.
SR120 fan is offline Find More Posts by SR120 fan
Old Oct 08, 2012, 06:33 AM
Joined Mar 2009
9,131 Posts
Quote:
That's great news guys and exactly what I wanted to hear so the mSR is what I'm going with. I heard rumours it wasn't being produced anymore because of the mSRX version! But im sure I can hunt it down somewhere. I'm at uni now but on my way home so will have a good look now. The shop I normally use only has the X version.
You can get those in the qualifieds all the time for 40-60$ depending if RTF or BNF, condition and provided spare parts ...
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 08, 2012, 07:13 AM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,835 Posts
You can also get them at Hobb-e-Mart on eBay. I buy way too much stuff from these guys.