HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 01, 2012, 07:16 AM
Wind you go around in circles
United States, FL, Middleburg
Joined Jan 2012
1,362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxguy1000 View Post
Hahaha! I really am having withdrawals... To try to overcome no flying I bought 9 more helicopters!!!!!! And, I'm building a Pitts model 12 airplane!!!!! And, I'm leveling the swashplate for a UH-1 Huey and, and... Oh, my God, I'm out of control !!!!!!!!
Hey, What heli is your Huey? I just put a UH-1B Huey on my 450, six flights now. Hope you get your TX soon, I know thats got to be a pain. With all these birds you are getting you may need to get a second DX8 as a backup.WS
Wind Spirit is offline Find More Posts by Wind Spirit
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 01, 2012, 11:31 AM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind Spirit View Post
Hey, What heli is your Huey? I just put a UH-1B Huey on my 450, six flights now. Hope you get your TX soon, I know thats got to be a pain. With all these birds you are getting you may need to get a second DX8 as a backup.WS
I have the Blade UH-1 Huey and I am using John Salts' instruction booklets to level the swash and set it up. Problem is that everything you do on your computerized tx is not on my back up DX5 or DX6. I really do need a second DX8 or 7s--yeah, like that's ever going to be!
Saxguy1000 is offline Find More Posts by Saxguy1000
Old Oct 01, 2012, 11:41 AM
United Kingdom, England, Kent
Joined Sep 2012
396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian VT View Post
I fly mine in a breeze often. If you've got the ail. full forward and it's not going forward then back off the throttle and ail. for a bit and then give it back to her like you mean it. Be ready. It will then go forward with authority.
Will definitely bare that in mind
SR120 fan is offline Find More Posts by SR120 fan
Old Oct 01, 2012, 02:17 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,603 Posts
No help for why mine is breaking hard right under FFF?
shahram72 is online now Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Oct 01, 2012, 03:01 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Aug 2011
637 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
I have some skill now with my Blade MQX flying at speed. I want a heli that flies like THAT!
One word. 300X

Strange problem you are having. Do you have a short video of what it is doing?
TB is so over used and generic, it is just hard to nail down a problem with that description. Vid and pics of the heli, can save a lot of "could be" reply's.
Blackanthem is offline Find More Posts by Blackanthem
Old Oct 01, 2012, 03:49 PM
Easy on the Sticks!
United States, WY, Crowheart
Joined Aug 2011
3,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
No help for why mine is breaking hard right under FFF?
I never flew that bird in FFF so I can't picture what you are talking about.
Many pilots mention pulling to the right in FFF.
I think it is a tendancy for the 120SR to do that.
Some pilots work it out by adjusting the Mix settings, and I think SaxGuy has gotten his worked out all together, maybe he will chime in when he see's these posts and suggest some settings.
However, the "reverse" part that you mention does not sound normal.
Like BlackAnthem says a video of what it is doing will speed of the process of figuring out what it is.
TBE is confused allot with the pendulum effect, but I am assuming you know the difference?
BattleDude is online now Find More Posts by BattleDude
Last edited by BattleDude; Oct 01, 2012 at 04:34 PM.
Old Oct 01, 2012, 04:03 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,401 Posts
Agree with the last two comments. A slight pull to the right is common in these 120 swashplates. But breaking hard right and then reverse is hard to imagine. But by reading your original post, it struck me that you are not a newbie. So, I can't imagine any simple thing that you could have missed, like the guide pin is out of the guide kinda thing. I, for one, would like to see a video of what it is doing, because I have never seen anything that fits the description.
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Oct 01, 2012, 05:41 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,603 Posts
OK, will get the wife to take a video sometime soon.

300x, yes looks very nice, but way too expensive, I laughed when I saw the price.
shahram72 is online now Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Oct 01, 2012, 07:11 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,362 Posts
Quote:
I have the Blade UH-1 Huey and I am using John Salts' instruction booklets to level the swash and set it up. Problem is that everything you do on your computerized tx is not on my back up DX5 or DX6. I really do need a second DX8 or 7s--yeah, like that's ever going to be!
If that is the Blade SR Huey I thought you could only use the TX that came with it. I was told at my LHS that it was on a Blade SR frame and that it did not come in a BNF, is that true?WS
Old Oct 01, 2012, 08:54 PM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind Spirit View Post
If that is the Blade SR Huey I thought you could only use the TX that came with it.
FALSE

Quote:
I was told at my LHS that it was on a Blade SR frame
TRUE

Quote:
and that it did not come in a BNF, is that true?WS
TRUE

BUT... Just like the SR, you can bind to your own tx. The thing is that they have set up the stock bird according to all their mixes in the stock tx, so you've got to reset. That is why I'm taking the time to follow Salt's books on how to set up your swashplate, servo arms, transmitter, etc. I was 97% done when I had to send in my DX8 and now it's sitting in the hangar. No really. I have a hangar. That's what the sign on my door says.
Old Oct 01, 2012, 09:18 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,362 Posts
Quote:
I was 97% done when I had to send in my DX8 and now it's sitting in the hangar. No really. I have a hangar. That's what the sign on my door says.
Cool, I hope you keep us posted on how it turns out when you get her finished.WS
Old Oct 01, 2012, 09:24 PM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,820 Posts
Oh, thanks, I will. I only buy distressed helis and then I fix them and fly them. It is my way of improving on this crappy world! I had to repair the body to include the stabilizer fins and the windshield and wipers. I fixed and patched everything except a hole through the top of the windshield, but that's going to be the authentic "round that went through." What VietNam heli didn't have some holes?
Old Oct 02, 2012, 07:21 AM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Aug 2011
637 Posts
Good luck with the SR Sax, I had one and it was possessed. I have some DX6i settings if you need them.
My Boss who bought a 120SR, his 5-1 went screwy on him. One of the servos stopped working, and you had to rebind it every time you replaced a lipo. he was on the phone with HH for about 10 minutes, and they are shipping him out a new 5-1. Loaned him my 120 in the mean time, I have lots of parts.
Blackanthem is offline Find More Posts by Blackanthem
Old Oct 02, 2012, 01:47 PM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,820 Posts
Ha... He should stick with the 120. No, actually the 5n1 is a 2n1 and a lot cheaper than for the SR 120.
Old Oct 02, 2012, 08:42 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,206 Posts
Bad crash tonight...wasn't really going that fast...broke the tailboom and the motor, ripped the wires out of the end cap of the motor and broke the lower canopy pin....trip to the LHS tomorrow.
Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131