HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 25, 2012, 08:22 PM
Easy on the Sticks!
United States, WY, Crowheart
Joined Aug 2011
3,847 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxguy1000 View Post
Great news tonight... My DX8 is on the way back and is already in Richmond (90 miles away). Woohoo!!!!! Can't wait. I thought I was going to have to start using the heli patch. Like the nicotine patch only it doesn't help!!!
Cool, did you ever bind your 120 to your HP6DSM?
BattleDude is offline Find More Posts by BattleDude
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 25, 2012, 08:26 PM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,865 Posts
No, but I may try it tomorrow unless the package arrives. I did bind it to the HP5DSM tonight (because it was handy) and it worked well. Problem is that I have so many great mixes, rates, expo, etc. on my DX8--it's harder than heck to fly basic again!
Saxguy1000 is offline Find More Posts by Saxguy1000
Old Sep 25, 2012, 08:39 PM
United States, CA, Foster City
Joined Nov 2011
241 Posts
Indoor heli for the wife or kids or buddies as gifts Syma 107

It's an indoor co-ax IR 3 channel micro copter as costs $17 for a turn key kit! It's what got me started in RC from the beginning. I can't say enough good things about it, the hovering ability beats my mcx2 by far. Don't be alarmed mcx2 owners, it is a 3 channel non-hobby grade toy but it's the best one out there.
Just an FYI,
Brian
B dog is offline Find More Posts by B dog
Old Sep 25, 2012, 10:16 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,862 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by B dog View Post
It's an indoor co-ax IR 3 channel micro copter as costs $17 for a turn key kit! It's what got me started in RC from the beginning. I can't say enough good things about it, the hovering ability beats my mcx2 by far. Don't be alarmed mcx2 owners, it is a 3 channel non-hobby grade toy but it's the best one out there.
Just an FYI,
Brian
Actually, it was a cheap 2 channel heli that kept bouncing off the walls and ceilings, that got me interested in flying helis. Absolutely no control but, I loved it just the same....I wanted betterrrrrrrRRRRR

The 107's are a lot of fun and almost considered "hobby grade" with all the parts available. But, I really like my MCX much better. She was a beautiful "thumb" trainer on the sticks flying inside. I fly using my thumbs on the sticks now. You'll see

B Dog, It's only a matter of time before the addiction takes hold...God speed my Son,,,..God speed

Mike.
Chap1012 is online now Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Sep 25, 2012, 10:28 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,378 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxguy1000 View Post
No, but I may try it tomorrow unless the package arrives. I did bind it to the HP5DSM tonight (because it was handy) and it worked well. Problem is that I have so many great mixes, rates, expo, etc. on my DX8--it's harder than heck to fly basic again!
Hope you settings are still in memory!!
Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old Sep 25, 2012, 10:32 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Joined Mar 2008
11,862 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake8131 View Post
Old Sep 25, 2012, 10:33 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Joined Mar 2008
11,862 Posts
Hey, anybody heard from Pilgrim??
Old Sep 26, 2012, 01:59 AM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
7,618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR120 fan View Post

Out of interest does the MCX2 keep people entertained for a while or do they quickly get bored and would it better just to go for a mSR. I just want something fun for indoors, but with a little spirit but not to frisky it will be bouncing off walls whilst waiting for good weather to fly my SR. I loved my old cheap 4 channels so I'm thinking it should be well up for the job, but its not cheap so I dont want to throw money away.
I've stated many times that if I had to get rid of all but one of my helis my mcx2 would hands down be the keeper. I fly it both indoors and outdoors and have spent almost nothing on replacement parts...

... and don't have to think too much while flying it.
North_of_49 is online now Find More Posts by North_of_49
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DX9 HobbyZone Champ RUD>AIL Mix
Old Sep 26, 2012, 05:31 AM
United Kingdom, England, Kent
Joined Sep 2012
525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleDude View Post

Check your PM SR120 Fan.
Hi BD

I haven't received anymore messages other then the first two you sent. I hope now you received the reply to my second one as I thought it a little strange that you never got back to me but I know people are busy but it does say with a little symbol that I replied.

This is the problem when I can't check my sent folder. I will have to work out how to save sent messages. I think something has gone wrong somewhere. I hope you don't think I have been rude.

Regards

Matt
SR120 fan is online now Find More Posts by SR120 fan
Last edited by SR120 fan; Sep 26, 2012 at 05:37 AM.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 07:07 AM
Easy on the Sticks!
Joined Aug 2011
3,847 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
Hey, anybody heard from Pilgrim??
I was thinking the exact same thing last night. Wondering about him?
Old Sep 26, 2012, 07:18 AM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,865 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake8131 View Post
That's the cool thing about the DX8... It has an SD card to transfer (or save) all your settings. I saved them all before I shipped it out.
Saxguy1000 is offline Find More Posts by Saxguy1000
Old Sep 26, 2012, 07:26 AM
Joined Sep 2012
525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwek View Post
I had my MCX2 out today and ran the dogs into the bedroom with it. A very relaxed heli for indoors. I have an MSR and a 120 sr, neither of which I would try indoors. I tried a CP a couple years ago and it didn't go well. I think my skill level on helicopters tops out at FP. I am more a plane guy but go through periods where only a heli will satisfy. Take your time and work up to CP. Don't get too antsy to go that route as I did. It gets expensive real quick.
I get the impression that my skill level will also peak at FP which I'm more then happy with. Flying upside down, however impressive, really doesn't do it for me. Looping would scare the **** out of me.

After all the advice I think another coaxial is the way to go. Until I get some good time on the SR I think I would just write off the mSR if used indoors but I can see myself getting one later on when Ive got much better on the SR as i have quite a big living room and it would be good to keep my skills up.

Also the advice about just getting a cheap IR is not bad at all as my first 4 channel one that I got given in Aus that cost like $30 was actually really really fun and handled well and when it has served it purpose will be a bin job. The good thing about a blade coaxial will of course be the access to spare parts. I will give it a good think but I have just been paid so a rash decision might be in order lol

Thanks everyone
Last edited by SR120 fan; Sep 26, 2012 at 07:36 AM.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 07:34 AM
Joined Sep 2012
525 Posts
HI BD

Ive sent you another PM. Can you tell me if you got it ok please. Cheers
Old Sep 26, 2012, 07:42 AM
Easy on the Sticks!
Joined Aug 2011
3,847 Posts
Quote:
Hi BD

I haven't received anymore messages other then the first two you sent. I hope now you received the reply to my second one as I thought it a little strange that you never got back to me but I know people are busy but it does say with a little symbol that I replied.

This is the problem when I can't check my sent folder. I will have to work out how to save sent messages. I think something has gone wrong somewhere. I hope you don't think I have been rude.Regards

Matt
Oh, absolutley not! I didn't get your PM. I have seen other other members often mention that PM's didn't go thru. I have no idea why though.
Kyle
Old Sep 26, 2012, 07:43 AM
Easy on the Sticks!
Joined Aug 2011
3,847 Posts
Quote:
HI BD

Ive sent you another PM. Can you tell me if you got it ok please. Cheers
Got it.