HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 22, 2012, 07:38 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,217 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_of_49 View Post
Pretty sure he does mean the CX2 which is is more 120sr sized (bigger).

mCX and mCX2 are the same (smaller) size
I see. Thanks. I got that all wrong.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 22, 2012, 07:43 PM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
6,498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
I see. Thanks. I got that all wrong.
Go back a page and I edited and added a pic...it's actually a nice looking bird

I saw canopies for it in the store... a little big looking for the 120 though.
North_of_49 is online now Find More Posts by North_of_49
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 23, 2012, 07:14 AM
Easy on the Sticks!
United States, WY, Crowheart
Joined Aug 2011
2,970 Posts
Fleet reduction notice!

Guys I am trimming my fleet down. I have two 120's to let go of if anyone is interested.
BattleDude is offline Find More Posts by BattleDude
Last edited by BattleDude; Dec 29, 2012 at 10:48 AM.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 02:04 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleDude View Post
Fleet reduction notice!

Guys I am trimming my fleet down. I have two 120's to let go of if anyone is interested.
How much? I am interested.
Jake8131 is offline Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old Sep 23, 2012, 02:22 PM
Easy on the Sticks!
Joined Aug 2011
2,970 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake8131 View Post
How much? I am interested.
Jake, I will take $65 each, or $120 for both, plus shipping. They are very low mileage, as I had 10 of them, and tended to fly only 2 of my other five. I am cutting back to five 120's.
I want a flybarless CP, either a 450, or a 130 and a mCPx, not sure which way I am going to go. Would really like the mCPx for indoors.
Still have to decide.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 03:27 PM
United Kingdom, England, Kent
Joined Sep 2012
396 Posts
Quote:
Jake, I will take $65 each, or $120 for both, plus shipping. They are very low mileage, as I had 10 of them, and tended to fly only 2 of my other five. I am cutting back to five 120's.
I want a flybarless CP, either a 450, or a 130 and a mCPx, not sure which way I am going to go. Would really like the mCPx for indoors.
Still have to decide.
10!! You really do like the 120s. Wish you had been selling these a month ago! I'm trying to persuade the wife that she might enjoy the hobby and she is starting to sound convinced!

If they haven't gone in a couple of hours I will almost definitely take one of your hands!

Is that radio still available mate?
SR120 fan is offline Find More Posts by SR120 fan
Old Sep 23, 2012, 03:57 PM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,810 Posts
Quote:
Hey SR120 fan ...
I have a deal for you. I have a HP6DSM TX, that I just am not going to use anymore. It is not quite like a DX6i, but it is much better than the MLP4DSM.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...bcpp2-EFLH1056
BD: I have read that the HP6DSM has built in specific mixes for the Blade SR and is not useable for other helis. Are you saying that you have used this for other helis and, if so, how did it work?

This is one of the reviews on the HH webite for the HP6DSM:

Quote:
Don't waist your time!!!! Posted March 27, 2011
So I got this radio with my Blade SR...... Even though it has dip switches to be put in to plane mode. You do not negate the expo and other limits PROGRAMED into this transmitter.... It is absolutely USELESS for ANY plane or helicopter OTHER than the BLADE SR!!!!!! DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!!!!
Saxguy1000 is offline Find More Posts by Saxguy1000
Last edited by Saxguy1000; Sep 23, 2012 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Review added
Old Sep 23, 2012, 04:17 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,548 Posts
Yeah, I have one of Battle Dudes custom jobs on the way to me. I am hoping they fly like my Nine Eagles solo pro which I enjoy flying outside my house. And I hope they are as quick, agile, and maneuverable. I just got a used Exceed/Walkera Madhawk 300 which works great, but is a slug. It has no control authority at all. I think something's wrong with it, setup wise, it shouldn't be THAT bad.
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Sep 23, 2012, 05:15 PM
United Kingdom, England, Kent
Joined Sep 2012
396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxguy1000 View Post
BD: I have read that the HP6DSM has built in specific mixes for the Blade SR and is not useable for other helis. Are you saying that you have used this for other helis and, if so, how did it work?

So it wouldn't work for an mSR? Still wouldn't bother me as I will have that one and the missus can have the dodgy one that comes with it lol. I don't think I will need to upgrade for a while anyway as the SR120 is awesome and I will make do with the stock radio for the mSR
SR120 fan is offline Find More Posts by SR120 fan
Old Sep 23, 2012, 05:43 PM
Easy on the Sticks!
Joined Aug 2011
2,970 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR120 fan View Post
10!! You really do like the 120s. Wish you had been selling these a month ago! I'm trying to persuade the wife that she might enjoy the hobby and she is starting to sound convinced!

If they haven't gone in a couple of hours I will almost definitely take one of your hands!

Is that radio still available mate?
OK, sounds good. But beware wives are hard to convince when comes to this hobby!
OK also on the 120's.
And the radio is yours if you want it, otherwise I will save it untill I see the next lad struggling with "toy TX" as Mike puts it.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 05:49 PM
Easy on the Sticks!
Joined Aug 2011
2,970 Posts
Quote:

What they don't realize Sax, is that there are two versions of the HP6DSM.

The one that comes with the SR, says "BladeSR" on the front of it. That TX has mixes built in and can only be used with the SR(as far as I know)

If a pilot buys a stand alone HP6DSM as I did, it does not say BladesSR on it, and it can be used with the 120 for sure because I did it, Mike did it and others have done it.

It worked just like the DX6i, with the same excact feel. The thing it does not have is more than 1 model capability, and it has manual trim buttons, rather that digital. Not quite as convenient as digital trim buttons, but better than the MLP4DSM.

I am quessing that it could be used with mSR also, but I don't know that for a fact.

All dip swithes up, except #4 down.

It works, I did it. There is info online about it, but I forgot where I found it. Mike might remember.
Last edited by BattleDude; Sep 23, 2012 at 05:59 PM.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 05:55 PM
Easy on the Sticks!
Joined Aug 2011
2,970 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
Yeah, I have one of Battle Dudes custom jobs on the way to me. I am hoping they fly like my Nine Eagles solo pro which I enjoy flying outside my house. And I hope they are as quick, agile, and maneuverable. I just got a used Exceed/Walkera Madhawk 300 which works great, but is a slug. It has no control authority at all. I think something's wrong with it, setup wise, it shouldn't be THAT bad.
I am not familiar with the Nine Eagles shahram, but I think you will like the 120. Some here have tried different main rotors and even clipped the stock ones down, and they say it gives it more authority in the breeze. I do know that the 120 is quick, sometimes almost too quick for me!
Old Sep 23, 2012, 06:17 PM
Easy on the Sticks!
Joined Aug 2011
2,970 Posts
A little info:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1159318

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=290416

BD
Old Sep 23, 2012, 06:23 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,139 Posts
Quote:

Ok...one more time...there are two different versions of the HP6DSM...the one with the SR logo on the front and the other without....the one without is the better radio, as the one with the SR logo is tuned down specifically for the blade sr!

Jake8131 is offline Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old Sep 23, 2012, 06:54 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,548 Posts
Quote:
I am not familiar with the Nine Eagles shahram, but I think you will like the 120. Some here have tried different main rotors and even clipped the stock ones down, and they say it gives it more authority in the breeze. I do know that the 120 is quick, sometimes almost too quick for me!
Yeah the videos I have watched show me that it flies how I expect. I don't know what's up with my Walkera. I am familiar with increased headspeed on FP helis. I put smaller blades on my Walkera V370D01 and it made it controllable whereas with the stock blades it just floated away with no control. I thought these companies employed some kind of engineers. I guess some do not... Blade stuff, which expensive, always flies right. I wish the 130 and 300 weren't so expensive, it's just crazy, I like those birds but would never pay that much when I can build a real hobby grade heli in 450 size. Forget about the 450, I laughed when I saw the price.
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72