Old Jan 29, 2011, 05:31 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo47 View Post

Looks like this decision is going to make you sweat Rafa
Especially since you also mentioned the Gaul 550 . . .

Rafa
Rafa's CB100 is offline Find More Posts by Rafa's CB100
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2011, 06:57 PM
Belgium
Joined Jan 2011
139 Posts
Hi Can sombody of you 4F200 flyboys help me i rebuilded my 4F200 after a serius crach.

How are the pots set on the RX for a stabel flight??

My 4G6S and V120Do2 flys more stabel than the 4F200.

Everithing is setup right swach ,pitch the only thing missing is the pot settings because i installed a new RX to.

I am getting real desperate with this heli.

Grtz Ed
brianos007 is offline Find More Posts by brianos007
Old Jan 29, 2011, 09:56 PM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
1,611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa's CB100 View Post
Especially since you also mentioned the Gaul 550 . . .

Rafa
If my research last year was correct, then the GAUI550 is the biggest electric helicopter you can build on a budget for under $500US. I never read anything negative about this helicopter either. I put my basic 550 kit together at Christmas. Ive got all the rest of the parts now, so im planning on getting it airbourne some time in February.

Check it out Rafa

Heres another pic of my GAUI next to a HK450 just for size referance

ps- not good for living room test flights. This baby wont just slice and dice your wife's van gogh, it will completly renovate your lounge room
Bravo47 is offline Find More Posts by Bravo47
Last edited by Bravo47; Jan 30, 2011 at 01:17 AM. Reason: changed pics to thumbnail
Old Jan 29, 2011, 10:16 PM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
1,611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianos007 View Post
Hi Can sombody of you 4F200 flyboys help me i rebuilded my 4F200 after a serius crach.

How are the pots set on the RX for a stabel flight??

My 4G6S and V120Do2 flys more stabel than the 4F200.

Everithing is setup right swach ,pitch the only thing missing is the pot settings because i installed a new RX to.

I am getting real desperate with this heli.

Grtz Ed
When the RX POTs are stock on a new 4F200 they are all set at mid range position or 12oc if you like from there you need to setup your Rudder Ext correctly so you retain full +/-pitch range and NOT beyond or you will burn out your tail servo. BAL delay of your servo's is similar to a RATE setting so you can leave it at default and setup your rates within your 2801proTX. ELEV and AILE ext is a no brainer, just leave it alone. AILE and ELEV gyro's are set to taste. Some people like a lot of 3A intervention, and other people find it offers correction that they dont want, making the heli fight pilot input. Your Tail Gyro rate is setup from within the 2801tx programme. Generally tail gyro values above 50%(usually approx 75%) put your tail in HH mode. Values below 50% put your tail in RATE mode.

Heres a picture of my 4F200 rx POTS, but I strongly suggest you setup your own to the way you like it, as mine is set based on my 4F200's flight the way I like it. This may not suit you.

regards

Mick
Old Jan 30, 2011, 03:27 AM
Belgium
Joined Jan 2011
139 Posts
Thanks Mick your a great help.

Grtz Ed
brianos007 is offline Find More Posts by brianos007
Old Jan 30, 2011, 05:35 PM
United States, FL, Hollywood
Joined Aug 2010
1,565 Posts
Stuck the Walkera 4F200 into a Heli Artist 250 body. The chassis was too wide and would not fit so holes had to be drilled and widened to make it fit. When the glue on the tail dries I will try it out. Seems to hover OK without the tail though.
urrl is offline Find More Posts by urrl
Last edited by urrl; Jan 30, 2011 at 05:46 PM.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 01:44 AM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
1,611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by urrl View Post
Stuck the Walkera 4F200 into a Heli Artist 250 body. The chassis was too wide and would not fit so holes had to be drilled and widened to make it fit. When the glue on the tail dries I will try it out. Seems to hover OK without the tail though.
Nice one, I like that fuse. How well does it fly kitted out like that?
Old Jan 31, 2011, 03:26 AM
ojo
Joined Dec 2006
53 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayscrash View Post
Rafa, using stock pinion will get very high HS, even scary to fly with 3S, better use 2S with it.If you want to try it with 3S then pinion must be diminish to 1~2 T,mine was taken from CB180 pinion(just take out shaft/pinion and put it on new one via the back hex screw).With 3S , HS will be around 5300 in hover,i doubt that frame and rotorhead can handle this! Also, there's no need to extract stock pinion,just use the hex screw on the back & swap the entire kit on the new motor, same dimeter.
This motor is running very cool and flight time is longer than stock motor.
AC
Hi Alwayscrash,

in the photos attached to your post you have put the MKS570 servos into the 4f200, but without reversing the receiver. Does it fly? I ask, because my MKS570 servos rotate the opposite direction compared to the stock ones, so one has to rotate the receiver to use them.

Best regards, Ojo

P.S. where was the wider landing gear taken from ?
ojo is online now Find More Posts by ojo
Old Jan 31, 2011, 07:29 AM
"you'll play to live "
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2009
1,735 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojo View Post
Hi Alwayscrash,

in the photos attached to your post you have put the MKS570 servos into the 4f200, but without reversing the receiver. Does it fly? I ask, because my MKS570 servos rotate the opposite direction compared to the stock ones, so one has to rotate the receiver to use them.

Best regards, Ojo

P.S. where was the wider landing gear taken from ?
Yes, i have reversed RX after test flight.Without this, it can fly but all cyclic input must be reversed 'cause axis reaction on all servos are on opposite direction. Landing skid was from old JR voyager.
AC
Alwayscrash is offline Find More Posts by Alwayscrash
Old Jan 31, 2011, 07:54 AM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by urrl View Post
Looks great!

Rafa
Old Jan 31, 2011, 08:19 AM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo47 View Post
If my research last year was correct, then the GAUI550 is the biggest electric helicopter you can build on a budget for under $500US. I never read anything negative about this helicopter either. I put my basic 550 kit together at Christmas. Ive got all the rest of the parts now, so im planning on getting it airbourne some time in February.

Check it out Rafa

Heres another pic of my GAUI next to a HK450 just for size referance

ps- not good for living room test flights. This baby wont just slice and dice your wife's van gogh, it will completly renovate your lounge room
Wow! That thing is a beast! I'd like to be there when that thing lifts off.

Well, I think I've come back over to the dark side on this 450 thing. If the V450D01 is going to be as good as people are thinking, it's a heck of a value at under $300. I poked around on the CopterX and HK450 threads. The HK450 thread was so huge that they had to close it and start another thread!! Even though the kits are really cheap, by the time you do all the research about what all electronic parts to order and piece it all together, and the thing it finally done, the V450D01 looks like a bargain, especially given FBL and all that. Everyone says that Walkera crash costs are high, but that non FBL head sure does have a lot of links and things going to it compared to the FBL head of the V450. People who have reviewed the V450D01 say it looks of much better quality than some other Walkera stuff, and in some respects, it looks like a scaled up 4F200.

I'm still bouncing around, trying to not buy on a whim. It may all be moot, as we think the wife may be pregnant again. If that's the case, I might try to slip the expense in early, before it all starts piling on.

It might also mean that I won't have time or space for a build.

Rafa
Old Jan 31, 2011, 12:14 PM
Addicted Again
Wylie TX
Joined May 2009
371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa's CB100 View Post
Wow! That thing is a beast! I'd like to be there when that thing lifts off.

Well, I think I've come back over to the dark side on this 450 thing. If the V450D01 is going to be as good as people are thinking, it's a heck of a value at under $300. I poked around on the CopterX and HK450 threads. The HK450 thread was so huge that they had to close it and start another thread!! Even though the kits are really cheap, by the time you do all the research about what all electronic parts to order and piece it all together, and the thing it finally done, the V450D01 looks like a bargain, especially given FBL and all that. Everyone says that Walkera crash costs are high, but that non FBL head sure does have a lot of links and things going to it compared to the FBL head of the V450. People who have reviewed the V450D01 say it looks of much better quality than some other Walkera stuff, and in some respects, it looks like a scaled up 4F200.

I'm still bouncing around, trying to not buy on a whim. It may all be moot, as we think the wife may be pregnant again. If that's the case, I might try to slip the expense in early, before it all starts piling on.

It might also mean that I won't have time or space for a build.

Rafa
I think the V450 looks like a good deal. My next choice would be a TRex 450 Sport Combo ($375 from Wow). It will take more money to make it FBL though. It can also be upgraded to Torque Tube as well.

Congratulations on the family news!
ri0grand is offline Find More Posts by ri0grand
Old Jan 31, 2011, 02:41 PM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
1,611 Posts
Nice one Rafa, i'll look forward to your flight review on the V450.

Mick

ps- Congrats as well
Old Jan 31, 2011, 04:17 PM
Joined Aug 2010
1,565 Posts
I just ordered a V450 from WOW hobbies. I already have the TX and charger, but ordered a spare battery. Would have loved the fuse designed for it but need a reputable dealer; any suggestions? Is eTamiya trustworthy?
EDIT:
Purchased it
http://www.etamiya.com/shop/advanced...M-V450D01-Z-18
Hope it will look similar to the HM V450DQ01 body

Now I need a lighting kit...
Last edited by urrl; Jan 31, 2011 at 04:48 PM.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 07:00 PM
Joined Aug 2010
1,565 Posts
As for the 4F200 I underestimated the camoflage paint at a distance; the thing covers terrain so fast it was outside the park fence before I knew it and I lost track of it. After the power line crash there was only a missing rear stabilizer wing piece I did not find. I replaced the main gear, a servo and flew it this evening. There is practically no damage to the body otherwise and other than the missing piece it still looks like it was before the crash in the middle of the street. The pirouette before the crash was not intended; probably due to underestimating battery life.
You may want the video on 720p resolution; it looks pretty muddy otherwise.
4F200 with MD500 250 body.wmv (3 min 19 sec)

I did not do that last pirouette; somehow control was lost. Could be I did not forsee the battery drain with that fuse. I timed it afterwards and it came to about 4 and a half minutes, so yeah, battery may have been it. The crazy take off was because I was trying to move the controls. I find it takes off much better when you give good throttle and dont touch the controls till it is in the air.
Last edited by urrl; Jan 31, 2011 at 07:55 PM.