HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 26, 2011, 01:45 PM
Joined Nov 2010
26 Posts
)
DaRk_SitH is offline Find More Posts by DaRk_SitH
Last edited by DaRk_SitH; Jan 26, 2011 at 04:27 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2011, 03:08 PM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
1,611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0grand View Post
Mine thought I should fly the heli a little less....so I picked up this to spend time on as a diversion.....

http://www.venom-group.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=6872

For $85 I thought it would be fun....putting in a 2801 Pro RX ....
Nice one. Ive seeked out a similar diversion, but the C30 Gyroplane is as close as ive ever got to a fixed wing RC project.

Link- http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...dProduct=14291
Bravo47 is offline Find More Posts by Bravo47
Old Jan 26, 2011, 03:17 PM
Addicted Again
Wylie TX
Joined May 2009
371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo47 View Post
Nice one. Ive seeked out a similar diversion, but the C30 Gyroplane is as close as ive ever got to a fixed wing RC project.

Link- http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...dProduct=14291
So have you flown this one?
ri0grand is offline Find More Posts by ri0grand
Old Jan 26, 2011, 03:29 PM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
1,611 Posts
4F200 with HBCT blades

Those of you that are familar with the ESKY HBCT probably know that it doesnt have any E-stabilization and so relies heavily on a set of weighted plastic blades to stabilise the aircraft. The blades themselves I found to be too short for my HBK2 CT head conversion, so they had been sitting in my parts cach for some time. These blades though are the correct length for the 4F200. The grip end of the blade is a little large at 5.5mm, but if you put in a half hour or so in the workshop they can be trimmed down to fit. Ive done a hover test in the yard and they seem OK, but its been too windy for a park test yet. These blades are on $2.90 for a set of three which makes them the cheapest blade alternative availlable, but only if your willing to put in some carefull trimming and filing time using a stock blade as a template.

Another thing ive changed after getting sick of having my tail box screws come loose is that ive moved my tail fin forward and utilised the extra two threaded holes in the tail box. I figured the flex or leverage of the tail fin on its tail box screws was the reason these screws kept coming loose. The filing I did wasnt my best work on the fin but its held up well. Im sure some of you guys could do a better job, but I thought the idea worth floating.

I have one question for you guys regards the motor RPM. Ive noticed a decline in my 4F200's top end RPM. I would normally assume my original stock battery is on the decline, but I have read here that some have experienced a motor performance decline. I'll probably get a new battery soon, but I was interested in other peoples experience in this area?

regards

Mick
Old Jan 26, 2011, 03:33 PM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
1,611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0grand View Post
So have you flown this one?
Not yet, but ive built the kit and am just waiting for the motor to arrive. Its quite an interesting project though as ive found out autogyro setup is nothing like RC setup. Lots of angles involved.

Discussion thread here- http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1319126

ps- ive also got a 2801pro RX going into this one. Its a shame the Walkera 2801tx doesnt come with more model slots, or somebody hasnt created a TX with SD flash mem capability for mem backup or increased slot capability. My 2801 is full with many slots doubled up with compatable helicopters.
Last edited by Bravo47; Jan 26, 2011 at 03:40 PM.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 03:45 PM
RC Helis: My Healthy Obsession
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
The newest Walkera Tx has 60 models and a full color LCD screen. 12 channels and is pretty cool looking. What do you do with 12 channels???
dkfuji is offline Find More Posts by dkfuji
Old Jan 26, 2011, 04:16 PM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
Fly two at a time?
Air Vaca is offline Find More Posts by Air Vaca
Old Jan 26, 2011, 04:37 PM
Joined Nov 2010
26 Posts
As diameter of the main shaft ????
say please
Old Jan 26, 2011, 05:08 PM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
1,611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRk_SitH View Post
As diameter of the main shaft ????
say please
4mm
Old Jan 26, 2011, 05:11 PM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
1,611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfuji View Post
The newest Walkera Tx has 60 models and a full color LCD screen. 12 channels and is pretty cool looking. What do you do with 12 channels???
Sounds great. Is it availlable yet?, as was planning on buying another 2801pro, but i'll hold of if this new TX is coming soon and competativly priced?
Old Jan 26, 2011, 05:11 PM
Joined Nov 2010
26 Posts
Enormous thank you
Old Jan 26, 2011, 10:03 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
I have one question for you guys regards the motor RPM. Ive noticed a decline in my 4F200's top end RPM. I would normally assume my original stock battery is on the decline, but I have read here that some have experienced a motor performance decline. I'll probably get a new battery soon, but I was interested in other peoples experience in this area?

regards

Mick
I wish I would have measured rpm when I first got it as compared to what it's up to (down to) now. I've been lurking on the 4F200 thread on HF, and when I saw 60something's stock setup, I got confirmation that something was wrong. The stock throttle curve is 0 25 50 75 100. I've been running (as I'm waiting for my new motor) 0 43.5 71.0 92 100--and even some hov t thrown in on top of that! All this, and it's still not snappy after a minute or two of flying. I can't wait for that new motor. I'll sure measure the old motor vs. the new one.

Rafa
Rafa's CB100 is offline Find More Posts by Rafa's CB100
Last edited by Rafa's CB100; Jan 26, 2011 at 10:09 PM.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 10:06 PM
los angeles,ca
Joined May 2010
2,579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa's CB100 View Post
I wish I would have measured rpm when I first got it as compared to what it's up to now. I've been lurking on the 4F200 thread on HF, and when I saw 60something's stock setup, I got confirmation that something was wrong. The stock throttle curve is 0 25 50 75 100. I've been running (as I'm waiting for my new motor) 0 43.5 71.0 92 100--and even some hov t thrown in on top of that! All this, and it's still not snappy after a minute or two of flying. I can't wait for that new motor. I'll sure measure the old motor vs. the new one.

Rafa
Don't test in the house,hehehehe
vronny is online now Find More Posts by vronny
Old Jan 26, 2011, 11:04 PM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
1,611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa's CB100 View Post
I wish I would have measured rpm when I first got it as compared to what it's up to (down to) now. I've been lurking on the 4F200 thread on HF, and when I saw 60something's stock setup, I got confirmation that something was wrong. The stock throttle curve is 0 25 50 75 100. I've been running (as I'm waiting for my new motor) 0 43.5 71.0 92 100--and even some hov t thrown in on top of that! All this, and it's still not snappy after a minute or two of flying. I can't wait for that new motor. I'll sure measure the old motor vs. the new one.

Rafa
Hi Rafa

Im a HF lurker as well, under a differant login. 60something has some very reliable advise, im a fan. But Im not running a linier throttle curve yet though, but I dare say it can be done correctly that way as long as your pitch curve is done to suit it.

eg: we still dont want the helicopter to add enough pitch to lift off until we are running the outrunner at around 75% rpm, or in its so called sweet spot. Well I dont anyhow. Ive been reading stuff from my GAUI550 kit manual as a referance and with the GAUI you are looking at -3*@0%, +3*@50%, +8@100%. A pitch curve like that would add pitch at the correct time with a linier curve in NORM flight mode. When im setting up pitch curves these days I pay very little or no attention to the value on the TX, as quoted curves are only correct if your servo's and link rods are in the Walkera default position. Once youve changed a servo or link rod set there is very little reliable default setup availlable. I just use throttle position indicator on the TX and look at my pitch gauge sited with the little alignment tool(an esky lm3/4 main shaft fits neatly in the tool)that comes with the heli.

Regards this motor slow down after so many flights im still not convinced its the motor at fault. I know some electric motors will slow when burnout is iminent, but burn out does not seem iminent with these outrunners, or is it? So that leaves us with Battery or ESC being at fault for reduced motor output?

What I do know is that my 4F200 did scream when it came out of the box to the point where I had my thottle curve topped out at 85% with no lift issues. I was hitting 65%PIT@50%TH which left me at 75% for most of my flight. This mornings flight was quite tame even after i lifted my TH max up from 90%where its been for about 6-8weeks to 100%.

Im taking her to the BB stadium tomorrow arvo to test out the CT blades in FF, if the battery, motor, ESC? hold out for me

The 4F200 is still fine work in progress. Out of my 20 odd helicopters I think ive learnt more about heli setup with the 4F200 and my Walkera LM3 last year than any of the others. Both birds are an intricate puzzle that punish mistakes with a nasty repair bill.

Enjoy
Old Jan 27, 2011, 09:43 AM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Hi Rafa

Im a HF lurker as well, under a differant login.

Regards this motor slow down after so many flights im still not convinced its the motor at fault. I know some electric motors will slow when burnout is iminent, but burn out does not seem iminent with these outrunners, or is it? So that leaves us with Battery or ESC being at fault for reduced motor output?

What I do know is that my 4F200 did scream when it came out of the box to the point where I had my thottle curve topped out at 85% with no lift issues. I was hitting 65%PIT@50%TH which left me at 75% for most of my flight. This mornings flight was quite tame even after i lifted my TH max up from 90%where its been for about 6-8weeks to 100%.

The 4F200 is still fine work in progress. Out of my 20 odd helicopters I think ive learnt more about heli setup with the 4F200 and my Walkera LM3 last year than any of the others. Both birds are an intricate puzzle that punish mistakes with a nasty repair bill.

Enjoy
Hi Mick,

You're not a good lurker, I've seen you over there.

I was thinking about how to isolate the motor as the weak point in this scenario. I just got some of those NRG batteries that dkfuji talked about a while ago, and the symptom is still present with new batteries as well. I've also changed ESCs several times. I started with the stock esc, of course, then moved to the rctimer esc. I'm on my second one of those because the first one got physically damaged in a crash, then binding got glitchy. Symptom seems to have remained thru all this. Also, it did get it's 'pop' back when I changed the motor the first time--at least for a while. Maybe something else is killing the motor, I don't know.

I'm glad to hear that the 4F200 is such a tricky beast to get right. I'm happy for the learning for future projects. Happy Thursday,

Rafa
Rafa's CB100 is offline Find More Posts by Rafa's CB100