Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 14, 2011, 09:34 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0grand View Post
I am pretty happy with mine. I don't really have any major quality issues with it considering its price point. I think this is a first CP for some (including myself) which will introduce a new level of complexity as far as set up an
flying goes. Some problems may come from inexperience (no offense intended to anyone) in setup/maintenence. This may contribute to the perception you are forming. I do think the 4f200 is a unique platform in a 200 or 250 class CP machine. I think it is probably easier to manage for a relatively inexperienced pilot than a Trex 250 or Gaui 200 or 255.
I agree. As of today, I've got 170 flights thru my 4F200, and I'm still pleased. I look forward to building something cool someday, but I'm happy to already have this much flight time under my belt.

I also think that some of us also got into the 4F200 because we were already into other Walkera helis. If one was coming at this from a non-Walkera perspective, I could see where one might want to go with something much more common and well known.

Rafa
Rafa's CB100 is offline Find More Posts by Rafa's CB100
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 14, 2011, 09:50 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,133 Posts
Rafa, I think both ri0grand and you have got super patience and have become quite proficient with the electronics and mechanical side of things. This cannot be said for me, when I started 17 years ago, things were much more simpler then. But still, I think you should tabulate your costs carefully. The main reason why I bought an Align 450 instead of a Creata 400 was because the cost of spare parts is much higher with Walkera. Not only that, there are spare parts from Clone makers that are even lower.

I am using my Walkera 2801pro with both Trexes and I have no complaints there. If you ever buy a Trex or Trex clone, you could consider using the V450D01 receiver with a FBL head on it.

By the way, I wonder if anyone could explain correct phasing of blades? If my head had never been removed, is it stil possible to get into the wrong phase?
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Last edited by zadaw; Jan 14, 2011 at 09:58 PM.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 10:50 PM
"you'll play to live "
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2009
1,652 Posts
Phasing is correct in this pic. With correct setting, when moving ELE stick, blade must not be moving with. Note antirotation unit is 90 degree angled with tail boom, also one blade is line-up with tail boom. This phasing only apply for 3 blades.If rotorhead had never been removed, outphasing only happened if antirotation has problem (inner pin broken, loosen screw...).
Just remember with rotor head phasing control input needs to happen 90 degrees ahead. So when one rotor blade is over the tail boom and you give forward or aft cyclic the blade should not move at all. If you move the cyclic stick left or right it should move.
Now how do you know if it moving in the correct direction? When you give left cyclic the blade over the boom should give positive pitch.
Notice in the pictures, one blade will be pointing towards the front of the heli. the other two backwards in a V. Looking from the back, the phase block should be on the left side at 90* with the front blade, which is in-line with the boom.
AC
Alwayscrash is offline Find More Posts by Alwayscrash
Last edited by Alwayscrash; Jan 14, 2011 at 10:58 PM.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 11:10 PM
Addicted Again
Wylie TX
Joined May 2009
371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
Rafa, I think both ri0grand and you have got super patience and have become quite proficient with the electronics and mechanical side of things. This cannot be said for me, when I started 17 years ago, things were much more simpler then. But still, I think you should tabulate your costs carefully. The main reason why I bought an Align 450 instead of a Creata 400 was because the cost of spare parts is much higher with Walkera. Not only that, there are spare parts from Clone makers that are even lower.

I am using my Walkera 2801pro with both Trexes and I have no complaints there. If you ever buy a Trex or Trex clone, you could consider using the V450D01 receiver with a FBL head on it.

By the way, I wonder if anyone could explain correct phasing of blades? If my head had never been removed, is it stil possible to get into the wrong phase?
It is good to have all perspectives. With the Walkera stuff you need to use forums like this for support. If you have a good LHS close by with a heli oriented business, an Align would make a lot of sense.
ri0grand is offline Find More Posts by ri0grand
Old Jan 15, 2011, 11:45 AM
USA, NC, Havelock
Joined Jan 2011
25 Posts
Does anybody know for sure if Align DS410 servos will fit in the 4f200?? I'd like to get some nice metal geared servos, would these be the best? Are there others that fit that would work?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Align-DS410-Digi...item2c5847ec0b

I'm talking for the main 3 servos, not the tail servo
Xextriz is offline Find More Posts by Xextriz
Old Jan 15, 2011, 12:05 PM
"you'll play to live "
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2009
1,652 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xextriz View Post
Does anybody know for sure if Align DS410 servos will fit in the 4f200?? I'd like to get some nice metal geared servos, would these be the best? Are there others that fit that would work?

Nope, 420 is larger than stock F200, try Futaba S3154 for tail & S3113 for cyclic( not metal but fits).
AC
Alwayscrash is offline Find More Posts by Alwayscrash
Old Jan 15, 2011, 12:06 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,133 Posts
Quote:

The Align servos are slightly larger than the Walkera servos. I don't think they will fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayscrash View Post
Phasing is correct in this pic. With correct setting, when moving ELE stick, blade must not be moving with. Note antirotation unit is 90 degree angled with tail boom, also one blade is line-up with tail boom. This phasing only apply for 3 blades.If rotorhead had never been removed, outphasing only happened if antirotation has problem (inner pin broken, loosen screw...).
Just remember with rotor head phasing control input needs to happen 90 degrees ahead. So when one rotor blade is over the tail boom and you give forward or aft cyclic the blade should not move at all. If you move the cyclic stick left or right it should move.
Now how do you know if it moving in the correct direction? When you give left cyclic the blade over the boom should give positive pitch.
Notice in the pictures, one blade will be pointing towards the front of the heli. the other two backwards in a V. Looking from the back, the phase block should be on the left side at 90* with the front blade, which is in-line with the boom.
AC
Thanks for the pics. My parts should come next Monday, I will make a serious method to sort things out.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Jan 15, 2011, 12:44 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayscrash View Post
Nope, 420 is larger than stock F200, try Futaba S3154 for tail & S3113 for cyclic( not metal but fits).
AC
Not sure what the difference is, but I'm running futaba s3114 for cyclic. Not metal, but gears are readily available.

Rafa
Rafa's CB100 is offline Find More Posts by Rafa's CB100
Old Jan 15, 2011, 12:51 PM
USA, NC, Havelock
Joined Jan 2011
25 Posts
Isn't it better to get metal gears or would plastic ones by Futaba last as well?
Old Jan 15, 2011, 03:35 PM
Addicted Again
Wylie TX
Joined May 2009
371 Posts
Quote:
Isn't it better to get metal gears or would plastic ones by Futaba last as well?

Sure metal would be nice, but I haven't found something that will easily fit. Take a look at how the AIL/PIT servos mount on the bottom. They don't use a screw. The servo mounting tab needs to slide into a slot in the frame block.
Old Jan 15, 2011, 09:46 PM
USA, NC, Havelock
Joined Jan 2011
25 Posts
That's true I guess I'll just get the Futaba ones
Old Jan 18, 2011, 04:06 PM
United States, FL, Hollywood
Joined Aug 2010
1,464 Posts
Any tips on replacing main rotor servos? After removing some screws looks like it will be hard. Looks like I will have to disconnect the rear rotor belt? Any links to this procedure?
Made the mistake of flying in heavy wind. At least my second 4F200 came in today along with the new servos pkg and screw hardware and servo links pkg. I promptly hover tested it, then tested it with the Big Lama body. Still too windy this evening, but mornings are usually great so I will use patience before a real flight this time.
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o...leyT99/4F1.jpg
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o...leyT99/4F2.jpg
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o...leyT99/4F3.jpg
4F200 purchased from WOW hobbies. Great service.
urrl is offline Find More Posts by urrl
Last edited by urrl; Jan 18, 2011 at 04:26 PM.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 04:52 PM
Addicted Again
Wylie TX
Joined May 2009
371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by urrl View Post
Any tips on replacing main rotor servos? After removing some screws looks like it will be hard. Looks like I will have to disconnect the rear rotor belt? Any links to this procedure?
Made the mistake of flying in heavy wind. At least my second 4F200 came in today along with the new servos pkg and screw hardware and servo links pkg. I promptly hover tested it, then tested it with the Big Lama body. Still too windy this evening, but mornings are usually great so I will use patience before a real flight this time.
There ELE (front) servo is just held by 2 screws through the mounting tabs on the servo. The AIL/PIT (rear) servos are held place by one screw each on the top. The bottom tabs slide into slots on the frame block. Remove the frame bracket where top servo mount screws fasten. This is also what the anti rotation bracket is mounted to. There is one screw on each side. You will see 2 pieces that connect this bracket to another frame piece that holds the main shaft bearing. I usually just take off the front screws and leave the 2 pieces attached to the servo mounting bracket. Once the top servo bracket is out of the way you can just lift the servos out. It is easier than it sounds. There is no need to touch the belt.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 05:00 PM
United States, FL, Hollywood
Joined Aug 2010
1,464 Posts
Thanks so much
urrl is offline Find More Posts by urrl
Old Jan 18, 2011, 11:53 PM
USA, IL, Elgin
Joined Jan 2006
664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by urrl View Post
How much was the lama fuse?
stretch1100 is offline Find More Posts by stretch1100