HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 12, 2011, 04:40 PM
Addicted Again
Wylie TX
Joined May 2009
371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xextriz View Post
I accidentally pressed submit before I uploaded the images, here they are.

This was with the pitch at 50%, as you can see in the picture.
Did you ever remove or replace the head? I can't tell for sure from the picture but yours coud be rotated 180 degrees. The nut is supposed to get captured in a the recess with 2 flat sides to keep the nut from spinning. It looks like maybe yours has the nut on the side with the round recess with no flats. When looking straight at the point on the upper swash where the black double hinged bracket attaches, bolt head should be to the left. Your bolt head is oriented that way now, but if the bolt has been inserted from the wrong side the head will be rotated 180 degrees.
ri0grand is offline Find More Posts by ri0grand
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 12, 2011, 05:41 PM
USA, NC, Havelock
Joined Jan 2011
25 Posts
Ya know I never thought of that, and never realized that the head can go on 2 different ways, and because its a 3 bladed heli vs. 2 or 4, it makes a difference which way it's put on. That solved it, thank you very much.
Xextriz is offline Find More Posts by Xextriz
Old Jan 12, 2011, 05:51 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Ya know I never thought of that, and never realized that the head can go on 2 different ways, and because its a 3 bladed heli vs. 2 or 4, it makes a difference which way it's put on. That solved it, thank you very much.
Sweet! I wonder what ever happened to Kevinmt10??

We never did get word as to whether he had his apart or not.

Rafa
Rafa's CB100 is offline Find More Posts by Rafa's CB100
Old Jan 12, 2011, 06:58 PM
USA, NC, Havelock
Joined Jan 2011
25 Posts
I'm gonna assume he did the same thing I did because I can't think of anything else that would cause the elev and aile to be messed up like that.

I have a new issue now, because as I was about to start hovering from the ground, it fell over to the right and I didn't stop it quick enough and the blades hit the ground. Now when I give it throttle, the motor doesn't spin, it vibrates kind of and shakes back and forth. But if I give it alot of throttle it'll spin, then stop and shake still. Is that my motor going out or the ESC?? I can't even fly it now. What do I need to replace?
Old Jan 12, 2011, 07:16 PM
"you'll play to live "
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2009
1,710 Posts
Quote:
I'm gonna assume he did the same thing I did because I can't think of anything else that would cause the elev and aile to be messed up like that.

I have a new issue now, because as I was about to start hovering from the ground, it fell over to the right and I didn't stop it quick enough and the blades hit the ground. Now when I give it throttle, the motor doesn't spin, it vibrates kind of and shakes back and forth. But if I give it alot of throttle it'll spin, then stop and shake still. Is that my motor going out or the ESC?? I can't even fly it now. What do I need to replace?
Look back for older post for " RCTIMER yellow Esc's". Stock esc is crap and generate a lot of heat for both motor/esc.
AC
Alwayscrash is offline Find More Posts by Alwayscrash
Old Jan 12, 2011, 07:38 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:

Do all the teeth on the main gear still look intact? The main gear is the weakest link in the chain, so it's teeth give up their lives so other parts don't have to. This might block the motor during startup. Just a WAG,

Rafa
Old Jan 12, 2011, 08:30 PM
USA, NC, Havelock
Joined Jan 2011
25 Posts
I took the motor out and it does it when I give it throttle.

I'm a little confused about something. If I order that RC Timer ESC,
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-RC-Timer-ESC...item19b7648a18
do I have to upgrade the motor to this?
http://cgi.ebay.com/4800KV-Outrunner...ts_Accessories ???
Would this be a better motor?
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idproduct=8143
Should I take the motor pinion off the stock motor and put it on a motor I'll buy to upgrade? Buy a different one?

Also, what does "3S" mean? In previous replies of this discussion you said something about 3S.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 08:37 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
I took the motor out and it does it when I give it throttle.

I'm a little confused about something. If I order that RC Timer ESC,
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-RC-Timer-ESC...item19b7648a18
do I have to upgrade the motor to this?
http://cgi.ebay.com/4800KV-Outrunner...ts_Accessories ???
Would this be a better motor?
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idproduct=8143
Should I take the motor pinion off the stock motor and put it on a motor I'll buy to upgrade? Buy a different one?

Also, what does "3S" mean? In previous replies of this discussion you said something about 3S.
I have the yellow esc, and am running the stock motor. Runs great, but I find myself wondering if there is more punch out there. I've also been curious about 2S motor options.

3S means '3 cells in Series'. Each lipo cell is 3.7V, so our 4F200s are 2S, since they run 7.4V batteries. 3S means upgrading things to be able to run an 11.1V motor, I think.

Rafa
Old Jan 12, 2011, 08:48 PM
Addicted Again
Wylie TX
Joined May 2009
371 Posts
Quote:

You could have a bad or failing connection on one of the 3 wires that go from the ESC to the motor. Sometimes they can break right at the connector causing an intermittent connection. This will cause the motor to stutter and not start.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 08:50 PM
Addicted Again
Wylie TX
Joined May 2009
371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa's CB100 View Post
I have the yellow esc, and am running the stock motor. Runs great, but I find myself wondering if there is more punch out there. I've also been curious about 2S motor options.

3S means '3 cells in Series'. Each lipo cell is 3.7V, so our 4F200s are 2S, since they run 7.4V batteries. 3S means upgrading things to be able to run an 11.1V motor, I think.

Rafa
Dkfuji did a 3s with a motor from a Gaui 255:

"Originally Posted by ri0grand
Hi Darryl,

I remember sometime back you said you changed out one of your 4F200 motors. It was from a Gaui 200 I thought. What specific motor was that?

Thanks

Rick
Hi Rick. It is actually a Gaui 255 motor - Gaui GM-202 Brushless Motor, 200W, 3400KV using the stock pinion and 850mah 3S 25C lipo packs.

It is sick.

Darryl"
Old Jan 12, 2011, 08:58 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
I guess I've just been hesitant since I don't really understand what all is involved in a 3S conversion. I'm pretty sure the yellow esc has a BEC, but I'm not really sure what else is needed. Anyone?

Rafa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0grand View Post
Dkfuji did a 3s with a motor from a Gaui 255:

"Originally Posted by ri0grand
Hi Darryl,

I remember sometime back you said you changed out one of your 4F200 motors. It was from a Gaui 200 I thought. What specific motor was that?

Thanks

Rick
Hi Rick. It is actually a Gaui 255 motor - Gaui GM-202 Brushless Motor, 200W, 3400KV using the stock pinion and 850mah 3S 25C lipo packs.

It is sick.

Darryl"
Old Jan 12, 2011, 09:04 PM
Addicted Again
Wylie TX
Joined May 2009
371 Posts
Quote:
I guess I've just been hesitant since I don't really understand what all is involved in a 3S conversion. I'm pretty sure the yellow esc has a BEC, but I'm not really sure what else is needed. Anyone?

Rafa
The "yellow ESC" has a BEC and can handle 2-4s. I pretty sure the 30A should be sufficient too. Darryl said he used the stock Walkera 4f200 pinion, but put key (flat) on the Gaui shaft to accept the stock gear.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 09:12 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
The "yellow ESC" has a BEC and can handle 2-4s. I pretty sure the 30A should be sufficient too. Darryl said he used the stock Walkera 4f200 pinion, but put key (flat) on the Gaui shaft to accept the stock gear.
You mean all I need is a 3S battery, motor, and pinion? I didn't understand what you said about the key on the gaui shaft? Thanks,

Rafa
Old Jan 12, 2011, 09:26 PM
Addicted Again
Wylie TX
Joined May 2009
371 Posts
Quote:
You mean all I need is a 3S battery, motor, and pinion? I didn't understand what you said about the key on the gaui shaft? Thanks,

Rafa
I think so....

The Walkera shaft is "keyed" e.g. it has a flat on one side (D-shaped). The Gaui shaft is round and needs a flat on one side to accept the Walkare gear. Alternatively you could drill the Walkera gear to a round hole be keeping it concentric probably isn't trivial.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 09:47 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
I think so....

The Walkera shaft is "keyed" e.g. it has a flat on one side (D-shaped). The Gaui shaft is round and needs a flat on one side to accept the Walkare gear. Alternatively you could drill the Walkera gear to a round hole be keeping it concentric probably isn't trivial.
Dig. Thanks. I should probably learn to hover it nose in really well first.

I have gotten to where I can hover the TechHead cb100 nose in indoors for a good while. I usta'could only do it for a quick second. The stock cb100 is boringly fun--it flies for 10 minutes before getting to 3.8V (been good inside on these cold days!) Progress is progress, I say, and like people told me in this thread, heli knowledge crosses across helis. The techhead is pretty quick, so I figure it's good training. Anyone else thinking about this m120d01 thing?

Rafa