HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Dec 31, 2010, 04:47 PM
Addicted Again
Wylie TX
Joined May 2009
371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa's CB100 View Post
I just installed a set of the S3114s and they are working well. I also just installed a set of those lights that ri0grand mentioned, and they rock. I used to think that lights were kinda geeky, but I'm sold.

I still have a tiny bit of tail wag that I'm still trying to work out. If my gyro is set at 70%, which direction should I try going first? In the past, I've been able to make the speed of the tail wag change by adjusting the gyro, but not go away completely. I've lubed bearing and pivots, replaced belt, main gear, balanced things, etc. What else is on the tail wag list?

Rafa
Yeah the lights are fun. For $20 you can't piece together that setup.

Lowering the gain may help. Vibration seems to affect it a lot. I know that getting the blades balanced really well helped a lot. I balanced the blades off the heli first, and then on the heli (trial and error adding weight/tape to each blade to get it as smooth as possible). On the heli balancing made a significant difference, so play around with that a bit. Also check for a bent tail shaft. I have had a very slight bend cause a problem. It was hard to see it was bent with the rotor hub on. I balanced the tail blades too. Moving the servo ball closer to center will help too.

Make sure that the tail slider assembly moves very freely.
ri0grand is offline Find More Posts by ri0grand
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 31, 2010, 04:54 PM
Live to learn. . .
Rafa's CB100's Avatar
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0grand View Post
Are you plugging into your balance plug on your battery?
I've plugged in directly to the balance port on a battery, also into the extra port on the rx, same results. Black is ground on both, I'm assuming. The blue light does flash on at the beginning, but then the red light starts flashing .. .

Rafa
Rafa's CB100 is offline Find More Posts by Rafa's CB100
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2010, 04:55 PM
Addicted Again
Wylie TX
Joined May 2009
371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojo View Post
Hi,

you can get a replacement gear set for the walkera servos at http://www.live-hobby.de/products/de...-WK-SG-76.html

They cost 2.9 Euros, this is approximately 4$.

Regards, Ojo

Cool, that is the first place I have seen that carries replacement gears.
ri0grand is offline Find More Posts by ri0grand
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2010, 05:03 PM
Addicted Again
Wylie TX
Joined May 2009
371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa's CB100 View Post
I've plugged in directly to the balance port on a battery, also into the extra port on the rx, same results. Black is ground on both, I'm assuming. The blue light does flash on at the beginning, but then the red light starts flashing .. .

Rafa
Sound like you have it hooked up right. When I plug mine in to a charged battery, it beeps one and flashes blue and the goes solid blue.

I assume you have verified the actual battery voltage and you know your battery is fully charged. There is a 3,4,and 6s version as well. Is it possible that you got one of those by mistake?
ri0grand is offline Find More Posts by ri0grand
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2010, 05:06 PM
Live to learn. . .
Rafa's CB100's Avatar
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0grand View Post
Sound like you have it hooked up right. When I plug mine in to a charged battery, it beeps one and flashes blue and the goes solid blue.

I assume you have verified the actual battery voltage and you know your battery is fully charged. There is a 3,4,and 6s version as well. Is it possible that you got one of those by mistake?
Mine only has 2 wires going to it, how about yours? It says 2S on the package, but . ... .

Rafa
Rafa's CB100 is offline Find More Posts by Rafa's CB100
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2010, 05:13 PM
Addicted Again
Wylie TX
Joined May 2009
371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa's CB100 View Post
Mine only has 2 wires going to it, how about yours? It says 2S on the package, but . ... .

Rafa

Mine has just 2 wires. I am no sure you to tell the difference between 2/3/4/6. I can't see anything on the circuit board that says anything obvious. On teh side of the board that has the buzzer on it it has B52793 in the lower left corner. It's possible that all boards are the same and it is just a component value change.
ri0grand is offline Find More Posts by ri0grand
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2010, 06:11 PM
"you'll play to live "
Alwayscrash's Avatar
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2009
1,619 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa's CB100 View Post
Thanks AC. Just to be clear, when you say 'decrease' gyro gain, you mean closer to 50%, right? 70% to 67%, for example?

Rafa
Over 50% for HH & under 50% for Rate.70% to 67% is right.
AC
Alwayscrash is offline Find More Posts by Alwayscrash
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2010, 08:50 PM
Registered User
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Nov 2010
3,980 Posts
Hey all, I've been flying the D01, and D02 for a while now. I am about to get into inverted, however because of the recent winds I have been considering a bigger heli, however I don't want a huge heli. After research the 4F200 seems pretty Damn cool!

Problems?
Suggestions?

Where is the cheapest BNF? I have a 2801 pro. And the only bnf I found needed a receiver?? =\


I was also considering the V450 but kinda thought that was a little big.
Jwmflying14 is online now Find More Posts by Jwmflying14
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2010, 09:14 PM
Addicted Again
Wylie TX
Joined May 2009
371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa's CB100 View Post
Mine only has 2 wires going to it, how about yours? It says 2S on the package, but . ... .

Rafa
It sounds like it must have a 2s balance connector on it too. If you have a dc power source you could try measuring the equivalent of a 3s pack to see if it is a 3s monitor. But bottom line is you probably need to ask them to send you a new one.
ri0grand is offline Find More Posts by ri0grand
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2010, 10:06 PM
Registered User
stretch1100's Avatar
USA, IL, Elgin
Joined Jan 2006
641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojo View Post
Hi,

you can get a replacement gear set for the walkera servos at http://www.live-hobby.de/products/de...-WK-SG-76.html

They cost 2.9 Euros, this is approximately 4$.

Regards, Ojo
I'd like to order those but I don't think they ship to the U.S. I put 3 of them in my cart and setup an account and went to the checkout and got this with no option to choose to ship:

Please choose the desired mode of delivery for your order.

Self Pickup
Self Pickup at our Company. 0,00 EUR
stretch1100 is offline Find More Posts by stretch1100
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 01, 2011, 01:08 AM
Registered User
stretch1100's Avatar
USA, IL, Elgin
Joined Jan 2006
641 Posts
Comparing the cyclic servos to my V200D01 the have the same part # of "WK-7.6-6" but the ones on my V200 have dark blue casings instead of black like the 4F200. Are these the same servo?
stretch1100 is offline Find More Posts by stretch1100
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 01, 2011, 03:29 AM
Registered User
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2010
1,446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch1100 View Post
I'd like to order those but I don't think they ship to the U.S. I put 3 of them in my cart and setup an account and went to the checkout and got this with no option to choose to ship:

Please choose the desired mode of delivery for your order.

Self Pickup
Self Pickup at our Company. 0,00 EUR
Try emailing them, maybe they'll toss a few in an envelope for you...
desertstalker is offline Find More Posts by desertstalker
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 01, 2011, 06:59 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,004 Posts
Thanks for your replies. I looked at the previous posts on this thread again, it seems that most of the problems I have encountered had already been reported by Rafa and Bravo. It is just that you cannot grasp things fully unless you have a heli in hand yourself. I have not encountered the tail servo problen, stripped ball from the swashplate, and a snapped belt yet. But I have only had 14 flghts and already stripped 5 cyclic servos. I have ordered some replacement parts now. At least, I know which screws to add loctite to once I receive the parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch1100 View Post
Comparing the cyclic servos to my V200D01 the have the same part # of "WK-7.6-6" but the ones on my V200 have dark blue casings instead of black like the 4F200. Are these the same servo?
Accordingly the myrcmart.com, the Walkers designation for the servos is the same as for V200 and CB180 series. In fact, I am using two servos from a previous CB180D right now in my 4F200. There does not seem to be any problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwmflying14 View Post
Hey all, I've been flying the D01, and D02 for a while now. I am about to get into inverted, however because of the recent winds I have been considering a bigger heli, however I don't want a huge heli. After research the 4F200 seems pretty Damn cool!
I think this is just about the worse model to try new stuff such as inverted flight on. If you crash the head to the ground, I cannot imagine the damage it may cause. You will probably need to replace a set of cyclic servos in addition to the blades, main gear, tail boom and probably quite a lot of components in the head. Morover as I found out, repairting a 3 bladed heli and setting it up correctly afterwards is a much bigger pain.

In an earlier post, somebody reported that the parts for Trex 250 cost one third less than those for the 4F200. But this is not the whole story. The Trex 250 had proven to be more reliable. I have had 64 flights with my Trex before it was grounded because of the flown off pinion. But besides that, I have only had to replace a pair and skids and landing gear. It is not that I have not crashed. In fact, I have crashed it a number of times and one of them must have been quite hard since rods from the cyclic servos were bent and also the tail boom had a big dent. But still there was only a small scratch on the blades and I flew it without any problems right after. If you want to stick with Walkera, I would suggest that you look at the V400D02 as that is very cheap. The HM-1a has a large following but it is quite an old model.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Last edited by zadaw; Jan 01, 2011 at 07:13 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 01, 2011, 01:44 PM
Registered User
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Nov 2010
3,980 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
Thanks for your replies. I looked at the previous posts on this thread again, it seems that most of the problems I have encountered had already been reported by Rafa and Bravo. It is just that you cannot grasp things fully unless you have a heli in hand yourself. I have not encountered the tail servo problen, stripped ball from the swashplate, and a snapped belt yet. But I have only had 14 flghts and already stripped 5 cyclic servos. I have ordered some replacement parts now. At least, I know which screws to add loctite to once I receive the parts.



Accordingly the myrcmart.com, the Walkers designation for the servos is the same as for V200 and CB180 series. In fact, I am using two servos from a previous CB180D right now in my 4F200. There does not seem to be any problems



I think this is just about the worse model to try new stuff such as inverted flight on. If you crash the head to the ground, I cannot imagine the damage it may cause. You will probably need to replace a set of cyclic servos in addition to the blades, main gear, tail boom and probably quite a lot of components in the head. Morover as I found out, repairting a 3 bladed heli and setting it up correctly afterwards is a much bigger pain.

In an earlier post, somebody reported that the parts for Trex 250 cost one third less than those for the 4F200. But this is not the whole story. The Trex 250 had proven to be more reliable. I have had 64 flights with my Trex before it was grounded because of the flown off pinion. But besides that, I have only had to replace a pair and skids and landing gear. It is not that I have not crashed. In fact, I have crashed it a number of times and one of them must have been quite hard since rods from the cyclic servos were bent and also the tail boom had a big dent. But still there was only a small scratch on the blades and I flew it without any problems right after. If you want to stick with Walkera, I would suggest that you look at the V400D02 as that is very cheap. The HM-1a has a large following but it is quite an old model.
Thank you. I was planning on progressing my skills on the 02 and only try it on the 4f when comfortable. But I can see how annoying a 3 blade set up could be. I can't even imagine how to balance blades?? Haha....

As for the V400D02 I am not so fond of the tail motor. I really enjoy the tail hope of my 02
Jwmflying14 is online now Find More Posts by Jwmflying14
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 01, 2011, 05:59 PM
Addicted Again
Wylie TX
Joined May 2009
371 Posts
I started using the RC Timer 30A yellow ESC.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT
I am really happy with it and it think performs noticeably better in normal and particularly idle-up mode. I used a separate battery for programming.

I added an extruded aluminum finned heatsink from a fried Turnigy ESC I had and put black heatshrink on it. It stays way cooler than the stock 20A Walkera ESC as well.
ri0grand is offline Find More Posts by ri0grand
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Another new Walkera! HM 4F200 heli-parkflyer Micro Helis 84 Jan 08, 2011 02:40 PM
Off Site Walkera 4#3 2.4Ghz RTF - Metal Head Version nighthawk0077 Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Nov 22, 2009 08:23 PM
Discussion Unique "mixer less" Bell Hiller Head design of the MSR plus Walkera 4#3 Mixer lesss EQMOD Micro Helis 47 Sep 26, 2009 11:59 PM
Discussion 45 Degree Flybar Conversion on a Walkera 4#3 V1 BELL HILLER head EQMOD Micro Helis 13 Sep 01, 2009 11:15 PM
Build Log Walkera 4#3 HH-65 USCG Dauphin--VIDEO 4 Blade head works page6 stevel48 Micro Helis 146 Dec 03, 2008 10:16 AM