Where did you guys order yours from?
osikowim7 is offline Find More Posts by osikowim7
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 29, 2010, 01:30 PM
"you'll play to live "
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2009
1,706 Posts
Hurry up guys, that's a real good heli, if switch all bal.delay, elev.gyro, ail.gyro pots at max( all the way to - sign) on RX then heli can be almost hovered hands free if well balanced! You can test it by disconnecting motor wires and try to move heli in all direction to see servos counteracting .
Notes: throtle must be raised a bit for RX to feel action.
Alwayscrash is offline Find More Posts by Alwayscrash
Old Jul 29, 2010, 01:53 PM
RC Helis: My Healthy Obsession
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
+1 here as well. I usually modify the heck out every Walkera heli I get but this one really doesn't need much at all. Solid in the air and loads of power right out the box even with that cheesy 20c Walkera lipo. A real good lipo choice is the NRG 1300mah 35C packs. I am flying them right now in my 2S 4F200 (yes I already have a 3S built. LOL.) and the performance is significantly better with the same flight times. Plus you can charge them at 5C rate which means a shorter wait to go back up. Yipeeee...
dkfuji is offline Find More Posts by dkfuji
Old Jul 29, 2010, 02:07 PM
"you'll play to live "
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2009
1,706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfuji View Post
+1 here as well. I usually modify the heck out every Walkera heli I get but this one really doesn't need much at all. Solid in the air and loads of power right out the box even with that cheesy 20c Walkera lipo. A real good lipo choice is the NRG 1300mah 35C packs. I am flying them right now in my 2S 4F200 (yes I already have a 3S built. LOL.) and the performance is significantly better with the same flight times. Plus you can charge them at 5C rate which means a shorter wait to go back up. Yipeeee...
Hey Darryl, where did you buy NRG lipo?
Old Jul 29, 2010, 02:14 PM
Joined Dec 2007
153 Posts
Alwayscrash,

Why did you turn the pots all the way up? Dod the heli not fly well out of the box?

Do you notice any bobbing in FFF with all the pots turned up?

I will behome around 7 tonight and hope to get in a few flights. I cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
gmbnj is offline Find More Posts by gmbnj
Old Jul 29, 2010, 02:23 PM
"you'll play to live "
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2009
1,706 Posts
gmbnj,
Yes, it did fly well as stock but actually parts are not available yet so i prefer to fly it gently by setting 3axis in max .Absolutely awesome! no bobbing, no dragging, no loosing power when pumping, only very....powerful .Just order some extra lipo from RC711 for weekend's maiden!
Old Jul 29, 2010, 02:28 PM
"you'll play to live "
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2009
1,706 Posts
I'm going to put a larger landing skid and trying some 3S mod for this litle beast. It can share some parts from CB180 and a lot from TREX250, so parts could be easily found after.Hehe.
Also beware of hitting canopy 'cause like other walker canopy it's very fragile.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 02:31 PM
Joined Dec 2007
153 Posts
Always,

Great! Did you get the RTF with the 2801 PRO?

Have you adjusted your pitch and throttle curves to what dkfuji recommended or leave it how it came?
gmbnj is offline Find More Posts by gmbnj
Old Jul 29, 2010, 02:36 PM
"you'll play to live "
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2009
1,706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmbnj View Post
Always,

Great! Did you get the RTF with the 2801 PRO?

Have you adjusted your pitch and throttle curves to what dkfuji recommended or leave it how it came?
Yes, i buy it with 2801pro and fly it out of box as is, only it seems to be factory set for 3D so i 've raised the hov.P on max and diminish a bit hov.T, this way it will be more docile to fly around backyard.Don't worry, it will take off at mid-throtle easily out of box! 2 thumbs up Walker stuff!
Old Jul 29, 2010, 02:56 PM
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayscrash View Post
Hey Darryl, where did you buy NRG lipo?
Hey A. I got the lipos from Helidirect. Only $20!!! Cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmbnj View Post
Alwayscrash,

Why did you turn the pots all the way up? Dod the heli not fly well out of the box?

Do you notice any bobbing in FFF with all the pots turned up?

I will behome around 7 tonight and hope to get in a few flights. I cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Turning them to the "-" side minimizes the 3 axis gyro stabilization. Honestly, the heli flies fine right out of the box. It just depends how much experience you have with heli flying. I also turn down the pots so I have to "fly" the heli and rely less on the gyro to correct. Keeps me more in touch with the heli. Just my personal preference. I believe the heli will come from the factory with all the pots around 50%. That is where you should start.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 01:00 AM
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Okay after spending a lot of time with this heli there are a couple of things new owners should know. First, make sure your tail blades are tighten down and do not droop. The problem is they will overlap and when you power up the heli and the gyro initiates, it will try to move the blades into postion and since they are overlapped, the servo will strip. It only takes an instant for this to happen. The tail servo gears are very brittle and do not stand up to the stress of the blades interlocked. Second, make sure that the Rx antennae is bent away from the tail servo. I have been working on my buddy's new 4F200 today and everytime I spun her up, the Rx LED would start blinking and lose connection with the Tx. I thought is was a shut off of some kind so I replaced the motor, ESC, RX, servos and adjusted the gear mesh. None of that worked until I moved the wire antennae away from the tail servo. Then bam, no more shut off and she flew perfectly. Looked at my other 4F200's and none of them had the antennae close to the servo so that explains why I didn't have a shut off on any of those. Just thought I would share my experience so far.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 07:48 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2010
1,691 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayscrash View Post
Agree, i've change all of them with quality steel bolts and screws.
If im not mistaken, wouldnt softer ones be better, as they would bend before something more expensive, like the head or blade grips?
desertstalker is offline Find More Posts by desertstalker
Old Jul 30, 2010, 08:22 AM
"you'll play to live "
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2009
1,706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertstalker View Post
If im not mistaken, wouldnt softer ones be better, as they would bend before something more expensive, like the head or blade grips?
Good idea too but if they break instead of bent and after throw away blades then?
Old Jul 30, 2010, 08:30 AM
"you'll play to live "
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2009
1,706 Posts
Wider skid for better landing....Landing skid came from my old Falcon 30 and is renforced with carbon rod inside.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 01:48 PM
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertstalker View Post
IMO, since the stock main grip shafts have a thicker collar that is flat on 2 sides (for wrenching) that snugs onto the rotor head block, the chances of the shaft snapping off at the threads (thus leaving the block useless) is minimal. I think I would rather have to replace the shaft than a rotor block every time I crash it. So far after 2 hard crashes, the blade grip shaft has stayed straight. Its the little ball links in the grips that keep stripping out and bending. Wish Walkera used stonger material and bigger ball links for this heli.