HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 08, 2010, 09:42 AM
Making Stock Fly Like Modified
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Oct 2009
2,221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfuji View Post
Sorry it hasn't worked out as well for the 2 of you. I am a bit surprised though since I have had at least 35 full flights out of my 4F200 (including a few hard crashes due to dumb thumbs) and she still is solid as the first day. I also have a 4G6 with the 2610V Rx that is my daily flyer. It has to have over 100 flights so far and she still is the best little CP heli I have. I don't work for Wow nor Walkera so all the helis and parts are the same as the ones that are sold online. Wish I could help the guys having problems cause there is nothing worse than spending your hard earned money on something that just doesn't work. The thing is, I use the 2801Pro Tx and Rx's in all kinds of applications (i.e., T450Pro G3 FBL, Gaui X5 FBL Skookum720, T250, Gaui 255, etc.) without incident. Maybe I am just lucky with this stuff. Don't know. I know most of you are not newbies, but if I can help in anyway, LMK by PM.

Darryl
HeliFlyer711 is offline Find More Posts by HeliFlyer711
Last edited by HeliFlyer711; Dec 16, 2010 at 03:50 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 08, 2010, 02:57 PM
RC Helis: My Healthy Obsession
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
I guess this is what I get for trying to help. Count me out for now. Peace.
dkfuji is offline Find More Posts by dkfuji
Old Dec 08, 2010, 03:16 PM
Addicted Again
Wylie TX
Joined May 2009
371 Posts
For the record I think your contributions to the forum have been invaluable. I think some others primary contributions have been negative criticism. I hope we haven't run off another asset to the group.....

Quote:
ri0grand is offline Find More Posts by ri0grand
Old Dec 08, 2010, 07:59 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,166 Posts
Quote:
Daryl, thanks for offering to help. I am horrified to read that thread as well. I would not have made my posts if I knew that it would lead to that.

For the record, I live in Hong Kong and do not buy from Wowhobbies. There have always been concern in Hong Kong that we do not get the best products from China because they regard us as a near home market.

The 4G6 problems that I have had mainly concerns parts availability. I have had to wait for more than months for a replacement tail servo, and then again for months for a swashplate. Now the receiver has burnt out after 10 packs or so. The problems with parts would not have occurred in the US because US vendors take in more parts from Walkera.

Your reviews are certainly very helpful. My 4F200 flew as you described but it is unfortunate that I could only have one flight. It is still at my LMS and they have not found out the problem yet.

I hope you will not be put off writing further reviews or other contributions in future.

Derek
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Dec 08, 2010, 09:21 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0grand View Post
For the record I think your contributions to the forum have been invaluable. I think some others primary contributions have been negative criticism. I hope we haven't run off another asset to the group.....
Late to the party, but +1!

dkfuji helped me a bunch at the beginning of my CP days, even with my decision to buy a 4F200. He was always willing to help a newb with silly questions. Thanks to all for the great advice imparted here.

Rafa
Rafa's CB100 is offline Find More Posts by Rafa's CB100
Old Dec 11, 2010, 08:33 AM
Vienna, Austria
Joined Jun 2008
48 Posts
some pics from my 4F200

I managed also to have very "smooth" settings ;-)
fassla is offline Find More Posts by fassla
Old Dec 11, 2010, 08:38 AM
los angeles,ca
Joined May 2010
2,567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fassla View Post
some pics from my 4F200

Good Morning Fassla, so how does it fly I sure it is alot heavier Looks great Have fun Vronny P.S. I know its cold there
vronny is online now Find More Posts by vronny
Old Dec 11, 2010, 08:57 AM
Vienna, Austria
Joined Jun 2008
48 Posts
I have the WK 2801PRO

I have 3 Modes to fly.
Setting 0
I fly inside the room ;-)

Setting 1
outside - also when there is wind
Setting 2
outside - crazy stuff - most expensive mode for me ;-)

The heli has anyhow enough power - there is no difference in flight stabiity as long you do not fly on the back

- tomorrow I will post pictures flying in the snow - today its already dark ;-)
fassla is offline Find More Posts by fassla
Last edited by fassla; Dec 11, 2010 at 09:40 AM.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 04:31 PM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
1,611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fassla View Post
some pics from my 4F200

That fuse looks great on the 4F Fassla. The stock fuse looks nice as well but I find because its dark colours I tend to loose sight of if if I fly below the treeline. Could you offer a link to the fuse please? and was it an easy fit or did it require some modding?

Mick
Bravo47 is offline Find More Posts by Bravo47
Old Dec 11, 2010, 11:06 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,166 Posts
I took the 4F200 back from my model shop yesterday. They did not find anything wrong but I insisted that the belt be tightened.

I flew 3 packs into strong wind conditions today and everything was alright. It handled the wind very well. In fact, it flew much better than my new Trex 250. The Trex would pitch upwards badly while coming out of right turns heading towards the wind. In fact, it would pushed backwards away from me by the wind. It was very disconcerting but this was not seen with the 4F200.

I was flying with normal curve on both the Trex and 4F200. The next stage would to try idle up which should handle wind conditions better, but I have never tried out on electric helis.

I hope that the problem was due to a loose belt, although my LMS thought it was alright originally. This thread had given me a sore taste. I hope DK will be back soon.
Last edited by zadaw; Dec 11, 2010 at 11:13 PM.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 12:06 PM
USA, IL, Elgin
Joined Jan 2006
664 Posts
Just ordered a 4F200 BNF from xheli for $198 shipped using promo code modelxheli. Has anyone ordered this from them? Reason I ask is I see other vendors list it as coming with a 1500mah battery and xheli says it comes with only a 1200mah. I'm thinking the 1600 mah nano tech will be a good choice. What parts does this chew through? I heard belt only lasts 20-30 flights? Can I order some generic belts or do I have to get the walkers ones made for this?
stretch1100 is offline Find More Posts by stretch1100
Old Dec 12, 2010, 12:58 PM
"you'll play to live "
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2009
1,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch1100 View Post
Just ordered a 4F200 BNF from xheli for $198 shipped using promo code modelxheli. Has anyone ordered this from them? Reason I ask is I see other vendors list it as coming with a 1500mah battery and xheli says it comes with only a 1200mah. I'm thinking the 1600 mah nano tech will be a good choice. What parts does this chew through? I heard belt only lasts 20-30 flights? Can I order some generic belts or do I have to get the walkers ones made for this?
That's good deal tho.Stock lipo is 1500Mah 20c but still not enough for 3D flight.Might consider to use higher C rate lipo for best performance like OUTRAGE 5C NRG35 2S1P. Belt does last longer than 25flights it spraying some lube before each flight.Going with TREX250 kevlar belt will need some mod on tail boom(make it longer).Pay attention on all tail housing screws(sometime they are too long & reach the belt providing premature wear ).
AC
Alwayscrash is offline Find More Posts by Alwayscrash
Old Dec 12, 2010, 02:27 PM
USA, IL, Elgin
Joined Jan 2006
664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayscrash View Post
That's good deal tho.Stock lipo is 1500Mah 20c but still not enough for 3D flight.Might consider to use higher C rate lipo for best performance like OUTRAGE 5C NRG35 2S1P. Belt does last longer than 25flights it spraying some lube before each flight.Going with TREX250 kevlar belt will need some mod on tail boom(make it longer).Pay attention on all tail housing screws(sometime they are too long & reach the belt providing premature wear ).
AC
What type of lube are you spraying on the belt?
stretch1100 is offline Find More Posts by stretch1100
Old Dec 12, 2010, 02:29 PM
"you'll play to live "
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2009
1,708 Posts
Silicone spray for rubber/plastic
Alwayscrash is offline Find More Posts by Alwayscrash
Old Dec 13, 2010, 08:18 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,166 Posts
I had another flight today, making 5 in total all time. I could not take off for another flight again as I found that the shaft was disconnected from the main gear!? I think I was able to retrieve the pin ?part 120, but I don't know how to put it together again. There seems to be another part left in the main gear. I wonder if anybody can help?

So after 5 flights, two key parts have been thrown off already. I am now pretty sure that the problem with the tail spin was due to the belt not being tight enough. So it looks like whoever assembled my heli at Walkera did a very sloppy job. This would go towards explaining why somebody would get a product with no problems and others do not.

The conditions were much calmer today and again it flew much better than the Trex-250. However, that is not a good head to head comparison as the Trex-250 was not flybarless. Since it is so twitchy and unpredictable, I may fit a flybarless system onto it later on.

However, the 4F200 could not beat my Trex-450 that has been newly fitted with Align 3G flybarless. The improvement in performance was just simply shocking, it was as if the Trex-450 became completely tame overnight. A few weeks ago, I really wanted to flush the 450 down the toilet. It is now so stable and predictable that it has become my easiest to fly heli. If the V450D01 is anything like this to go by, the market will be turned upside down. I just hope that it will be safe and they would take extra care in assembling it.