Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 27, 2010, 11:06 PM
"you'll play to live "
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2009
1,635 Posts
Waiting for parts's coming soon....cb180 canopy did well replacement job.
Alwayscrash is offline Find More Posts by Alwayscrash
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 28, 2010, 01:05 AM
Australia
Joined Oct 2009
69 Posts
Is this bird ready for purchase or is the consensus to wait for V2? I have not seen much in the way of flight reports from the general (non-pro or vendors) public..
sportvelo is offline Find More Posts by sportvelo
Old Jul 28, 2010, 03:45 AM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
1,611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportvelo View Post
Is this bird ready for purchase or is the consensus to wait for V2? I have not seen much in the way of flight reports from the general (non-pro or vendors) public..
Im guessing there are very few flight reports because most orders are still in the mail. I purchased as soon as they went BNF but it hasnt arrived yet. Give it another week or two I think.
Bravo47 is offline Find More Posts by Bravo47
Old Jul 28, 2010, 08:48 AM
"you'll play to live "
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2009
1,635 Posts
Well , after a couple of flights outside, i have some thoughts about it (I'm not a good flyer,only can do some basic manoevers, not 3D! ): if compared with a same size heli like TR250 then it's less agressive but more stable maybe due to 3blades and 3 axis.Have test with TR blades and heli is more stable(TR blades are a few cm longer but doest hit tail blades). Circle 8 pirouette are not so difficult to handle and it doesn't loose altitude in wide circle ascending like TR(on my TR250 each time finishing an end point i must raise a "lot" of throtle stick to keep it in air or it''ll loose altitude &....crash, dunno if someone have the same case?). Also, all ball linkage are a litle bit sloppy but doesn't affect flight anyway. A full charged battery last for 7' with normal flight and motor is way hot to touch but there's no Esc's cut-off till now.With fast pump there is some tail drag but i think this can be solved by adjusting pots on RX....Overall, it's a good small 3D outdoor heli without to spent a fortune but still have a lot of fun!
My 2 cents
Old Jul 28, 2010, 09:03 AM
"you'll play to live "
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2009
1,635 Posts
Just curious when changing blades and take out blade holder to see: there is no dampener on rotorhead !?.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 12:15 PM
RC Helis: My Healthy Obsession
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
You are correct. There is no dampening on the blade grips. When I build the next mod for this heli, it will have feathering shaft with dampeners. Surprisingly, this heli is really smooth even without the dampeners.
dkfuji is offline Find More Posts by dkfuji
Old Jul 28, 2010, 12:32 PM
"you'll play to live "
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2009
1,635 Posts
There is no dampening and no self correction and this makes a Bell rotor head very sensitive , even too sensitive in some cases for RC helicopters. Also force amount will be greater on the cyclic servos because they are trying to change the blades pitch angles of the mainrotor by themselves. But that's really not an issue with all digital higher torque servos available today. Anyway, stock feathering shaft is bolted directly to rotorhead so putting in dampeners is way difficult unless changing new blade holder and modifying bearing case.I'm thinking to put aurototation on main gear, may be this can make heli smoother in flight.
Acrash
Old Jul 28, 2010, 12:52 PM
"you'll play to live "
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2009
1,635 Posts
Do some research and found these:
Those heads sure looks nice but dampening is key if you want to sustain a controlable FF.
If you can provide the head with very soft dampening and well articulated with even a pinch of delta 3 offset, you should be able to fly blades of varying stiffness and weight very comfortably on it!
My 2 cents and I am not the expert either.
There is a link for Gaui rotor:http://www.allerc.com/product_info.php?products_id=4064
Old Jul 28, 2010, 01:58 PM
"you'll play to live "
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2009
1,635 Posts
Electric RC car's steering ball link can be useful for checking heli's CG as it doesn't have any flybar to hold....
Old Jul 28, 2010, 11:37 PM
Gaui X2 & Protos Mini FBL
Helsinki, Finland
Joined Jan 2008
676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfuji View Post
You are correct. There is no dampening on the blade grips. When I build the next mod for this heli, it will have feathering shaft with dampeners. Surprisingly, this heli is really smooth even without the dampeners.
There is no dampening in the flybarless Gaui EP200 rotorhead either and it flies very well too.

Both of my flybarless helis (Gaui EP200 FBL and Gaui EP255 FBL) have a rigid head without any dampening: They both fly very well without any issues. Cyclic gains have to be relatively low but the helis are still very stable in the wind and FF steadily. At the beginning, I tried to use dampening (a modified flybared head with a feathering shaft) in my EP255 but it was sluggish compared to the rigid head. So I quickly returned back to a rigid head.

Dampening is more important in bigger helis. In the micro heli class, a rigid rotor head is agile and sensitive in a good way but it needs fast, high-torque digital servos to control the cyclics.
Picofly is offline Find More Posts by Picofly
Last edited by Picofly; Jul 29, 2010 at 12:46 AM.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 11:58 PM
Australia...we live inverted.
Joined May 2008
5,409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayscrash View Post
Just curious when changing blades and take out blade holder to see: there is no dampener on rotorhead !?.
I hope the screws Wk chose for the blade grips bend at the appropriate torque...otherwise the head will take all the force in a crash. Not sure what the head blocks are worth but if the issue arrises maybe correct tensile screws will overcome the problem should it arise.

Interesting heli though.

Amp
Ampdraw is offline Find More Posts by Ampdraw
Old Jul 29, 2010, 07:48 AM
Joined Dec 2007
153 Posts
Just got my 4F200 last night. It looks awesome!

Hopefully after work today I will be able to maiden her!

Anyone else get one yet?
gmbnj is offline Find More Posts by gmbnj
Old Jul 29, 2010, 08:48 AM
"you'll play to live "
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2009
1,635 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampdraw View Post
I hope the screws Wk chose for the blade grips bend at the appropriate torque...otherwise the head will take all the force in a crash. Not sure what the head blocks are worth but if the issue arrises maybe correct tensile screws will overcome the problem should it arise.

Interesting heli though.

Amp
Agree, i've change all of them with quality steel bolts and screws.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 08:50 AM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Mine should be here today! I find that I'm checking FedEx's website every few minutes.

Rafa

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmbnj View Post
Just got my 4F200 last night. It looks awesome!

Hopefully after work today I will be able to maiden her!

Anyone else get one yet?
Rafa's CB100 is offline Find More Posts by Rafa's CB100
Old Jul 29, 2010, 01:14 PM
Joined Jul 2010
7 Posts
Mine should arrive tomorrow!!
osikowim7 is offline Find More Posts by osikowim7