Old Nov 19, 2010, 08:59 AM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRk_SitH View Post
Sorry for bad English

But will approach hereto helicopter transmitter 2602 ? And will with him to work the stabilization?
Not sure I understood the question. Would you try again?

Rafa
Rafa's CB100 is offline Find More Posts by Rafa's CB100
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2010, 09:53 AM
Joined Sep 2010
484 Posts
Tail servo on the 4F200 is the same as Uflys cyclic/tail servo, 11$ each, much more cheaper.
martin_ is offline Find More Posts by martin_
Old Nov 19, 2010, 02:32 PM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
1,611 Posts
I went to fly yesterday and had to abort due to a nasty vibration. My tailbox screws on the vertical fin side had stripped out and were thrown. Looks like its grounded again.
Bravo47 is offline Find More Posts by Bravo47
Old Nov 19, 2010, 02:53 PM
Joined Nov 2010
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa's CB100 View Post
Not sure I understood the question. Would you try again?

Rafa
Once again excuse me for illiteracy , Transmitter 2602 and helicopter compatible?
DaRk_SitH is offline Find More Posts by DaRk_SitH
Old Nov 19, 2010, 06:37 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo47 View Post
I went to fly yesterday and had to abort due to a nasty vibration. My tailbox screws on the vertical fin side had stripped out and were thrown. Looks like its grounded again.
Hi Mick,

Bummer for sure. I happen to have an extra one--doesn't do you much good, but I guess that's one to add to the spares list.

Rafa
Old Nov 19, 2010, 06:39 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Once again excuse me for illiteracy , Transmitter 2602 and helicopter compatible?
Don't worry about translation issues. I'm always impressed that there are people from all over the world on these forums. Walkera's website lists the 4F200 coming with a 2603, but I'm not sure what the difference is between the 2602 and 2603. Anyone else?

Rafa
Old Nov 20, 2010, 03:20 AM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
1,611 Posts
Quote:
I imagine it would be fully compatable, as long as you setup the heli in 3servo mode, and swapped over the PIT and AILE servo cables as in the setup guide.

Mick
Bravo47 is offline Find More Posts by Bravo47
Old Nov 22, 2010, 10:59 PM
Addicted Again
Wylie TX
Joined May 2009
371 Posts
I picked up a 4f200 with a 2801 a couple of weeks ago. It is my first CP and I have had fun flying it around. I have had a few newbie crashes learning how to properly use throttle hold. I am still training myself to always have a finger on it. My first crash happened flying in idle up when I did a quick minor panic landing flying in a light wind. It turned into a major panic when I touched a blade to the concrete and slammed the stick down from my FP habits..... -12* pitch at 100% throttle resulted in a full blown chicken dance. Ouch....stripped 3 servos , a stripped main gear, and shortened my blades a little. My other crash was forgetting to reset the 3d gyro switch on the reciever back to active after doing some swash adjustments.

I have found the Futaba S3114 is an exact fit replacement for the cyclic servos for about $15 apiece. I bought some Align 410M servos but the mounting tab is too large to fit into the frame slot. If anyone wants to buy some Align 410Ms let me know.

I replaced the tail servo with an Ino-Labs HGD-201HB which fits the stock bracket. I needed to turn the gyro gain down to 65%. It seems faster than the stock.

I have also started using the Gaui wood blades slow down the ca$h flow....
ri0grand is offline Find More Posts by ri0grand
Old Nov 23, 2010, 06:55 AM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Yo, yo, CB100 Brother, welcome to the club!

Darn those newbie crashes. I admit, I haven't been flying in idle-up much. I know I should be, but I also know that any 3D work is a ways away for me. Seems like every time I go to idle-up, I also go into 'pucker-up', if you know what I mean. I'm getting more comfortable with it all, so maybe I should start playing in idle-up again.

One lesson I learned about blade strikes while landing is not keep some head speed going until the heli is firmly planted on the ground. I had a blade strike once while landing because I cut the throttle too early, the heli was still a bit tipsy, but I didn't have enough head speed to do anything about it.

Thanks for the servo research,

Rafa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0grand View Post
I picked up a 4f200 with a 2801 a couple of weeks ago. It is my first CP and I have had fun flying it around. I have had a few newbie crashes learning how to properly use throttle hold. I am still training myself to always have a finger on it. My first crash happened flying in idle up when I did a quick minor panic landing flying in a light wind. It turned into a major panic when I touched a blade to the concrete and slammed the stick down from my FP habits..... -12* pitch at 100% throttle resulted in a full blown chicken dance. Ouch....stripped 3 servos , a stripped main gear, and shortened my blades a little. My other crash was forgetting to reset the 3d gyro switch on the reciever back to active after doing some swash adjustments.

I have found the Futaba S3114 is an exact fit replacement for the cyclic servos for about $15 apiece. I bought some Align 410M servos but the mounting tab is too large to fit into the frame slot. If anyone wants to buy some Align 410Ms let me know.

I replaced the tail servo with an Ino-Labs HGD-201HB which fits the stock bracket. I needed to turn the gyro gain down to 65%. It seems faster than the stock.

Old Nov 23, 2010, 07:50 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0grand View Post

Seriously, I think you should slow down a bit. Money is just one issue but you can seriously injure yourself or other people if you are not careful. I don't even have an idle up curve programmed for my Trex 450 and I don't intend to use one either for the 4F200. It has been years since I used a classic non-3D idle up curve for some lousy looking loops and rolls.

I only use throttle hold for safety reasons when starting up a CP heli. I am told that it is a good idea to put on throttle hold a few seconds before you crash so that you can minimize damage.

I took my 4F200 back to my LMS. I told them about the issues with the belt and tail servo. I hope they will be able to find out the cause this time. Basically, I have a problem that is not present when hovering but only manifest itself when the heli is in flight at a higher head speed. It does sound like a belt issue but nothing is certain.

I just hope that my 4F200 will not end up like my 4G6 which I have had for over 9 months and have not even flown 10 packs. I had recurrent problems with the tail servo, swashplate, and receiver, and had to wait for months for parts to be available in Hong Kong. Funny enough, this shortage was not felt in the US, possibly because the vendors take in much more stock.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Last edited by zadaw; Nov 23, 2010 at 09:04 AM.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 10:25 PM
Addicted Again
Wylie TX
Joined May 2009
371 Posts
I am using throttle hold as a safety device when before binding and to make sure the main blades don't start when I am not expecting it. I also try to use it before a imminent blade strike.

Seriously at idle up the difference in head speed isn't that much. I do fly with safety in mind and don't think learning to use idle up is a bad idea. I have flown just over 50 packs on it so far and while certainly a novice at CP but I don't think I am being reckless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
Seriously, I think you should slow down a bit. Money is just one issue but you can seriously injure yourself or other people if you are not careful. I don't even have an idle up curve programmed for my Trex 450 and I don't intend to use one either for the 4F200. It has been years since I used a classic non-3D idle up curve for some lousy looking loops and rolls.

I only use throttle hold for safety reasons when starting up a CP heli. I am told that it is a good idea to put on throttle hold a few seconds before you crash so that you can minimize damage.

I took my 4F200 back to my LMS. I told them about the issues with the belt and tail servo. I hope they will be able to find out the cause this time. Basically, I have a problem that is not present when hovering but only manifest itself when the heli is in flight at a higher head speed. It does sound like a belt issue but nothing is certain.

I just hope that my 4F200 will not end up like my 4G6 which I have had for over 9 months and have not even flown 10 packs. I had recurrent problems with the tail servo, swashplate, and receiver, and had to wait for months for parts to be available in Hong Kong. Funny enough, this shortage was not felt in the US, possibly because the vendors take in much more stock.
Last edited by ri0grand; Nov 23, 2010 at 10:42 PM.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 10:32 PM
Addicted Again
Wylie TX
Joined May 2009
371 Posts
Hey Rafa!

It is good to be flying again. Did you leave your Throttle Hold and and Idle Up switches in their original locations? The for the lading tip.

I get some minor tail wag I would like to sort out still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa's CB100 View Post
Yo, yo, CB100 Brother, welcome to the club!

Darn those newbie crashes. I admit, I haven't been flying in idle-up much. I know I should be, but I also know that any 3D work is a ways away for me. Seems like every time I go to idle-up, I also go into 'pucker-up', if you know what I mean. I'm getting more comfortable with it all, so maybe I should start playing in idle-up again.

One lesson I learned about blade strikes while landing is not keep some head speed going until the heli is firmly planted on the ground. I had a blade strike once while landing because I cut the throttle too early, the heli was still a bit tipsy, but I didn't have enough head speed to do anything about it.

Thanks for the servo research,

Rafa
Old Nov 23, 2010, 10:39 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,167 Posts
[QUOTE=ri0grand;16633190] I have flown just over 50 packs on it so far[QUOTE]

Wow, this is certainly extremely heavy flying in 2 weeks. You must have flown even more flights on normal. This is probably more than most outdoor fliers in one year.

I am aware that using idle up at full head speed is better at handling wind. I do not have the confidence to use for exactly the same reason you described for your crash. I am not interested in 3D at the moment and I just don't want to take more risks than I should. Anyway, best of luck.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Nov 23, 2010, 10:50 PM
Addicted Again
Wylie TX
Joined May 2009
371 Posts
I have 6 Batteries. So I can keep going for a while. I won't usually do more than 10 without a long break. I have bright lights up and down my driveway so I can fly at night as well. Ok maybe I am getting addicted again. I certainly don't fly 3D yet, but I wanted to get comfortable using Idle up and being able to switch it on and off without panic. My next purchase will be the Phoenix Sim.

Best of luck to you too and safe flying!

[QUOTE=zadaw;16633275][QUOTE=ri0grand;16633190] I have flown just over 50 packs on it so far
Quote:

Wow, this is certainly extremely heavy flying in 2 weeks. You must have flown even more flights on normal. This is probably more than most outdoor fliers in one year.

I am aware that using idle up at full head speed is better at handling wind. I do not have the confidence to use for exactly the same reason you described for your crash. I am not interested in 3D at the moment and I just don't want to take more risks than I should. Anyway, best of luck.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 12:01 AM
My hobby is why Im broke
USA, TN, Millington
Joined Dec 2002
6,861 Posts
Just posted in scale section: for 4F200
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...0#post16633664
darthdrk is offline Find More Posts by darthdrk