HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 17, 2010, 07:08 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
5,997 Posts
I couldn't resist the temptation and got a BNF from my local model shop in Hong Kong for $282. This is more than what I would pay if I bought it through the Internet but my LMS offers free repairs plus cost of parts. I thought that I needed this type of support as I am wading into new territory with 3 bladed helis.

It had its maiden flight today. Like the others, I found it pretty stable and precise. It was quite easy to fly around and the head speed was not intimidating. However, as I was about to take off for the second flight, I found that a couple of screws on the swashplate rocker had flown off, leaving the rocker swinging freely!

More seriously thought, there was an incident during my maiden flgiht where the tail suddenly spun anti-clockwise uncontrollable. I crash landed it but could not find anything wrong and it flew without incident afterwards. But I am very concerned that this may happen again. I wonder if this had happened to anybody?
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 17, 2010, 01:47 PM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
1,611 Posts
You belts not slipping is it? I think Rafa had some tail issues. I also had two swashplate ball link failures, but the current one is holding solid. You need to go over this heli before each flight and locktite anything that is coming loose. The tail box screws are often loose or lost as well. It flies real nice but you cant get lax with the pre-flight or it will chew on your wallet.

Mick

ps- Theres lots of answers if browse this thread from the start.
Bravo47 is offline Find More Posts by Bravo47
Old Nov 17, 2010, 01:50 PM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
1,611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayscrash View Post
Well,seems they label A&B for easier balancing and checking CG instead of putting some red & blue tape.Also, i did cut off 1/2 inch to prevent blade strike on hard landing.These blade are heavier than yellow one and did tame down heli a lot, ideal for flying around backyard.
AC
OK thx AC i probably wont get to test fly her until tomorrow at the BB stadium.

Mick

ps- I like nice cruising uneventfull flight anyhow.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 09:31 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
More seriously thought, there was an incident during my maiden flgiht where the tail suddenly spun anti-clockwise uncontrollable. I crash landed it but could not find anything wrong and it flew without incident afterwards. But I am very concerned that this may happen again. I wonder if this had happened to anybody?
Hi Guys,

I've been away from the interwebs for a bit, as I'm visiting family in Colombia right now.

I had a goofy tail servo that was causing this problem. If I were you, I would disassemble the tail servo, and look for a bad solder joint or a broken solder joint on the little tiny board in there. After you fix any connection problems, I would also recommend putting a bit of hot glue in there to keep it from vibrating about. Good luck, let us know,

Rafa
Rafa's CB100 is offline Find More Posts by Rafa's CB100
Old Nov 17, 2010, 09:31 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo47 View Post
Heres a short video of me doing some sloppy circuit flight indoors this afternoon at our friday arvo flight meet. Flying indoors with the 4F200 made me quite nervous, due to walls, nets etc. Oh well no crashes so im happy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NARBwMv3bIg
Nice flying Mick.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 10:34 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Flight times?

Hi Guys,

I'm wondering what kind of flight times people are getting. I was poking around YouTube the other day, and came across this video:

Walkera 4F200 - 8 Minutes of Fast and uncut fun (8 min 54 sec)

This guy (ArcticRc) got almost 8 minutes of flight in that video. I asked him what battery he's using, he says it's the stock battery.

I've been running mine for 4 minutes of flight, and that gets all 3 of my battery packs down to 3.8V per cell. After seeing that video, I started playing with Hov P and Hov T, and a bit with throttle and pitch curves, and after 4 minutes, I can get 3.82V per cell.

Even with my very early flights, before I started mucking with things, I only got 6:48 before the heli came crashing down. What gives? What should I check?

Rafa
Old Nov 18, 2010, 01:44 AM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
1,611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa's CB100 View Post
Nice flying Mick.
Thx Rafa. It was my first circuit flight indoors with the 4F200 and quite nerve racking knowing that any over shoot would mean a wall strike. I flew 2 packs with my 4#6 first to warm up, then a pack on my CP3, then a pack on my HBK2 3blade before I got the nerve to give the 4F200 a workout, and I was extremly carefull when I tipped in out of the right hand corner for my flybys trying to keep the speed down. Its a very fast heli. Needless to say all the fixed wing foamy aircraft landed and took a break when I ran the 4F up

Mick

ps- my battery alarm is set at 6min, but im usually on the ground after about 4min as I still find the 4F a little nerve racking to fly in FFF. Im conscious of my heartbeat when the 4F is airbourne if you know what I mean. I guess I dont fly enough. My time is spent mostly fixing and modding my fleet, then I fly for 2hrs on friday afternoons.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 06:57 AM
"you'll play to live "
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2009
1,619 Posts
Quote:
Hi Guys,

I'm wondering what kind of flight times people are getting. I was poking around YouTube the other day, and came across this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcEPSfEXyyI

This guy (ArcticRc) got almost 8 minutes of flight in that video. I asked him what battery he's using, he says it's the stock battery.

I've been running mine for 4 minutes of flight, and that gets all 3 of my battery packs down to 3.8V per cell. After seeing that video, I started playing with Hov P and Hov T, and a bit with throttle and pitch curves, and after 4 minutes, I can get 3.82V per cell.

Even with my very early flights, before I started mucking with things, I only got 6:48 before the heli came crashing down. What gives? What should I check?

Rafa
Get this and you'll get 8' flight or more...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT
Alwayscrash is offline Find More Posts by Alwayscrash
Old Nov 18, 2010, 08:15 AM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayscrash View Post
Get this and you'll get 8' flight or more...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT
Wow. Sounds easy enough, but I don't understand why would it increase flight times. What's the deal?

I just ordered a pair.

Rafa
Last edited by Rafa's CB100; Nov 18, 2010 at 08:44 AM.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 08:39 AM
Joined Jan 2010
1,126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_ View Post
At 300' is very small, but in a sunny day with a blue sky it's ok for me.

As for the TX it's Ver: 2.3, I guess this is the 100mW, I see ''SN:8'' inside the batt cover.

But the manual is not clear with the: ''10mW or 100mW''.

I will tell you later what is the exact mW, a friend of me will come here this week-end and we will take the output mW with is equipment, at the same time I will install an SMA adapter to be able to screw any WIFI antenna available on my TX, they are very cheap, a longer one should give a lot of extra range.
I did a range test on my 2801pro before I started to use it on my 450, and I kept there was some noise at 934ft, glitches and delays at 989ft, and signal was lost at 1027ft. (used my lazer range finder)

Clear day at my flying field, tested on the road, no nearby towers etc.
Gadflyii is offline Find More Posts by Gadflyii
Old Nov 18, 2010, 09:25 AM
"you'll play to live "
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2009
1,619 Posts
Quote:
Wow. Sounds easy enough, but I don't understand why would it increase flight times. What's the deal?

I just ordered a pair.

Rafa
Good choice for this! Stock Esc is not programmable then when battery is low, it usually cut off power and this happened when in flight is really a nightmare! also, tail authority is the first thing affected by power decrease resulting lack of tail control. I'm using this 30A esc and motor heat is completely resolved, also flight time is average 7~9' on sport flying, just fly heli until you notice some weak lift up then it's time to land it!Timing on TX for 7' is safe and you have plenty of fun with it.Mine is Esc's direct soldered -motor-wires and with stock lipo flight time is average 7', charging with stock charger.Using 1800Ma 25C Raiden pack has 9' flight.
AC
Alwayscrash is offline Find More Posts by Alwayscrash
Last edited by Alwayscrash; Nov 18, 2010 at 01:10 PM. Reason: add pic
Old Nov 19, 2010, 01:16 AM
Joined Nov 2010
26 Posts
Sorry for bad English

But will approach hereto helicopter transmitter 2602 ? And will with him to work the stabilization?
DaRk_SitH is offline Find More Posts by DaRk_SitH
Last edited by DaRk_SitH; Nov 19, 2010 at 04:30 AM.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 04:12 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
5,997 Posts
The news is not good on my part.

I took the 4F200 back to my LMS who then replaced the screws and hovered it for a complete pack. They could not reproduce the tail spin problem.

Today, I tried to fly it and immediately felt that it was much less controllable than the other day, although the wind was higher. It then proceed to spin anticlockwise again in mid air and I brought it down. I took off again and this time, it spun immediately.

I strongly suspect it is an electronic rather than mechanical problem. I am worried it could be all-in-one gyro-receiver unit. Anyway, I have taken it back to my LMS and see whether they can fix it.

I am very disappointed so far. Its flight characteristics may make it suitable as a first CP but there is no way I can recommend it until Walkera have sorted out the quality problems for this heli.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Nov 19, 2010, 08:25 AM
Joined Sep 2010
475 Posts
Have you tried to tighten the belt a little, out of the box mine has make the exact same thing after some flight, it was the belt too loose.

I recently replace a snapped belt and it did the same thing after some new flight, the belt stretches more you use it, that is normal.

The only quality problem I see with that heli is the weak & sluggish cyclic servo, they strip gear if you look at it too close loll..!!!

Aside, it's a very good flyer and handles good strong wind without problem, a little hard to hover in strong wind, but if you fly fast around it's nice.
martin_ is offline Find More Posts by martin_
Old Nov 19, 2010, 08:51 AM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
The news is not good on my part.

I took the 4F200 back to my LMS who then replaced the screws and hovered it for a complete pack. They could not reproduce the tail spin problem.

Today, I tried to fly it and immediately felt that it was much less controllable than the other day, although the wind was higher. It then proceed to spin anticlockwise again in mid air and I brought it down. I took off again and this time, it spun immediately.

I strongly suspect it is an electronic rather than mechanical problem. I am worried it could be all-in-one gyro-receiver unit. Anyway, I have taken it back to my LMS and see whether they can fix it.

I am very disappointed so far. Its flight characteristics may make it suitable as a first CP but there is no way I can recommend it until Walkera have sorted out the quality problems for this heli.
My bet is still with that tail servo. Pretty cool that you have someone to work on it for you, I think you are in a unique position there. Let us know,

Rafa