HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 05, 2010, 10:10 AM
Joined Sep 2010
475 Posts
At 300' is very small, but in a sunny day with a blue sky it's ok for me.

As for the TX it's Ver: 2.3, I guess this is the 100mW, I see ''SN:8'' inside the batt cover.

But the manual is not clear with the: ''10mW or 100mW''.

I will tell you later what is the exact mW, a friend of me will come here this week-end and we will take the output mW with is equipment, at the same time I will install an SMA adapter to be able to screw any WIFI antenna available on my TX, they are very cheap, a longer one should give a lot of extra range.
martin_ is offline Find More Posts by martin_
Last edited by martin_; Nov 05, 2010 at 10:15 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 05, 2010, 12:00 PM
Joined Apr 2009
1,574 Posts
Interesting, keep us posted please.

There is a built-in range check function in the transmitter under the display menu that reduces the output power so you don't have to walk so far. If your friend has his equipment to make signal strength readings also have him check the output in range check mode if possible.

Thanks, Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_ View Post
At 300' is very small, but in a sunny day with a blue sky it's ok for me.

As for the TX it's Ver: 2.3, I guess this is the 100mW, I see ''SN:8'' inside the batt cover.

But the manual is not clear with the: ''10mW or 100mW''.

I will tell you later what is the exact mW, a friend of me will come here this week-end and we will take the output mW with is equipment, at the same time I will install an SMA adapter to be able to screw any WIFI antenna available on my TX, they are very cheap, a longer one should give a lot of extra range.
dbennettya is offline Find More Posts by dbennettya
Old Nov 05, 2010, 10:04 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2010
1,446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_ View Post
I will install an SMA adapter to be able to screw any WIFI antenna available on my TX, they are very cheap, a longer one should give a lot of extra range.
Actually it wont, The antennas you see claiming +x dbi are not proper omni-directional ones the give higher signal strength in some areas and lower in others (Not a good thing for helis).

The lenght of the antenna is determined by the wavelength of the signal (usually a half or quarter wavelength antenna is used) going to a longer antenna will make very little difference unless the current one is the wrong length to start with.
desertstalker is offline Find More Posts by desertstalker
Old Nov 09, 2010, 10:28 AM
Joined Nov 2010
26 Posts
I Beg pardon for my English , I have to use the translator.
what behaves the helicopter in realities rather then on video from shop?
Cost(stand)s to buy him(it) with transmitter 2801pro or it is enough 2603?
And will approach he beginner?
I only flew on 3D helicopter in Simulator
I well fly on Blade Msr Advise please
DaRk_SitH is offline Find More Posts by DaRk_SitH
Last edited by DaRk_SitH; Nov 09, 2010 at 10:37 AM.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 11:01 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRk_SitH View Post
I Beg pardon for my English , I have to use the translator.
what behaves the helicopter in realities rather then on video from shop?
Cost(stand)s to buy him(it) with transmitter 2801pro or it is enough 2603?
And will approach he beginner?
I only flew on 3D helicopter in Simulator
I well fly on Blade Msr Advise please
Welcome,

I think that most of the videos from shops are pretty accurate about this heli. (Have you seen the Wowhobbies 3d video on Youtube? That's crazy stuff!)

If you want to see beginner videos of this heli, you could go to youtube and search 'rafa 4f200'. You'll come up with a few of the videos I've filmed of me learning to fly collective pitch with this heli, having flown only a CB100 in the past (sort of similar to the msr). I haven't posted a video lately, mostly because my tripod is my only consistent cameraman, and I've gotten to where I can fly in an area larger than the camera's frame can film.

I would say that if cost allows, and if you are planning on flying any other Walkera stuff, go for the 2801pro.

As for advice for another beginner, I would say to go join helifreak so that you can watch the 'Finless Bob' videos stored at this link. They will help you begin to learn what you need to know about collective pitch helicopters.
http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=41692

Simulators are great, but sometimes it's just more fun to have the helicopter there in front of you instead of a computer screen.

Good luck, let us know,

Rafa
Rafa's CB100 is offline Find More Posts by Rafa's CB100
Last edited by Rafa's CB100; Nov 10, 2010 at 11:08 PM.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 11:24 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2010
1,446 Posts
Definitely get the 2801, the 2601 is really hard to program and doesnt give good control over throttle and pitch curves. The 2801 makes it much easier to set up a CP heli especially for a beginner.
desertstalker is offline Find More Posts by desertstalker
Old Nov 11, 2010, 05:52 AM
Joined Nov 2010
26 Posts
Thank you
DaRk_SitH is offline Find More Posts by DaRk_SitH
Old Nov 12, 2010, 03:46 AM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
1,611 Posts
Heres a short video of me doing some sloppy circuit flight indoors this afternoon at our friday arvo flight meet. Flying indoors with the 4F200 made me quite nervous, due to walls, nets etc. Oh well no crashes so im happy

Walkera 4F200 indoors (3 min 18 sec)
Bravo47 is offline Find More Posts by Bravo47
Old Nov 12, 2010, 06:41 AM
"you'll play to live "
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2009
1,619 Posts
Nice circle flight ,fast pass through.
AC
Alwayscrash is offline Find More Posts by Alwayscrash
Old Nov 12, 2010, 02:47 PM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
1,611 Posts
Thx AC. I need to tune some headspeed back into my 4F200 now though as im growing a little more confident. At the moment its choked back to 80% at max throttle which keeps is calm but only just has enough pull out to keep me out of trouble. Its still a work in progress.

Mick
Old Nov 12, 2010, 05:46 PM
"you'll play to live "
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2009
1,619 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo47 View Post
Thx AC. I need to tune some headspeed back into my 4F200 now though as im growing a little more confident. At the moment its choked back to 80% at max throttle which keeps is calm but only just has enough pull out to keep me out of trouble. Its still a work in progress.

Mick
Have you try to use smaller pinion? diminish only "one" tooth did make sense.I use CB180 stock motor pinion to replace F200's one & heli is way easier to handle in high speed,also using another 30A Esc did resolve completely heat generated from motor/Esc. Seems Walker Esc is lacking of Amps for the motor(they say 20A but i don't think so...).I can fly 3 packs of lipo without heating the motor and this Esc has a super soft start on throtle input!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT
Old Nov 12, 2010, 07:12 PM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
1,611 Posts
Thx AC ive been looking for a budget priced ESC with soft start. I just purchased two. One for my 4F and one for my HBK2

Mick
Old Nov 14, 2010, 02:19 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
5,997 Posts
I wonder how this heli handles wind in comparison to a 2 bladed heli like the Trex 250?

Also, I wonder what is likely to break in a crash? If just one blade is damaged, would you have to replace the whole set?

Martin, I use my 2801pro on a Trex 450 without any problems. I am it had flown outside 300 ft before. However, it could be that the 2801pro receiver used is better than the unit in the 4F200. I totally agree though that it is not such a good idea to fly such a small heli to outside 300 ft. I am definitely not flying that far with my similarly sized V200D01 at the moment.

Derek
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Nov 17, 2010, 03:30 AM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
1,611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayscrash View Post
"She's now got the yellow, plastic blades from the Align 250. Flies nice to this newb."
Hey Rafa, if you wants some more stable (even 3axisgyro disabled!), try the white blades one, they are tip-weighted and gave heli super stability, anyway, heavy blades is a must for multiblade heli.
http://cgi.ebay.com/2-Set-Plastic-Ma...96503585036006
AC
Hey AC

Ive been previously using the yellow plastics as well and am quite happy with them, but curiosity got the better of me when you posted the other weighted option. Ive got a set fitted but havnt flown them yet, but I was wondering do you know why each set is marked "A" and "B". Seems a little odd?

Mick
Old Nov 17, 2010, 06:52 AM
"you'll play to live "
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2009
1,619 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo47 View Post
Hey AC

Ive been previously using the yellow plastics as well and am quite happy with them, but curiosity got the better of me when you posted the other weighted option. Ive got a set fitted but havnt flown them yet, but I was wondering do you know why each set is marked "A" and "B". Seems a little odd?

Mick
Well,seems they label A&B for easier balancing and checking CG instead of putting some red & blue tape.Also, i did cut off 1/2 inch to prevent blade strike on hard landing.These blade are heavier than yellow one and did tame down heli a lot, ideal for flying around backyard.
AC